NFL News

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Players?

Replacement Players?

After reading what the league is planning to vote on. I started thinking, are we headed for replacement players? What I just read was the league is considering allowing teams to cover up seats to ensure blackouts are lifted. Why with more season tickets being sold are they thinking of covering up seats? Only thing I could think of was they are planning on having a season with or without a contract with players. And it could work in owners favor. The players have an antitrust suit against owners, and this could last past the NFL season as the courts will not ...
    See more | Go to post

• Origin of Who Dey

Origin of Who Dey

In 1981 the Bengals had changes that were new to the team. New Uniforms , a Super Bowl Birth and The Who Dey Chant.
    Today you learn the origin of

Rumors (It came from the Saints, It came from Alcorn State University, It came from LSU.)

Today you learn how it got started, when it started and where it traveled once it became popular. It started in November of 1981. And following is the stepping stone to it's arrival.

The Bengals were going up against the Steelers in the middle of October. Both had records of 4-2. The Steelers lost their first two games and then went on to win 4 in a row. It was the lowly Bengals playing the Super Bowl Champs of 1979 who was 9-7 in 1980. It was a big deal beating the Steelers because the Bengals already were defeated by co division leaders Houston and Cleveland who were 11-5 the year before.
    At that time Pittsburgh was the big game of the year. That and Buffalo who was 11-5 also in 1980. The Buffalo Bills game didn't mean as much because the Bengals only beat teams that had worse records than them...
    See more | Go to post
There are no articles in this category.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.

article_tags

Collapse

There are no tags yet.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• Replacement Players?
    Super Cat
    After reading what the league is planning to vote on. I started thinking, are we headed for replacement players? What I just read was the league is considering allowing teams to cover up seats to ensure blackouts are lifted. Why with more season tickets being sold are they thinking of covering up seats? Only thing I could think of was they are planning on having a season with or without a contract with players. And it could work in owners favor. The players have an antitrust suit against owners, and this could last past the NFL season as the courts will not ...
    05-31-2011, 11:35 PM
  • Origin of Who Dey
    Super Cat
    In 1981 the Bengals had changes that were new to the team. New Uniforms , a Super Bowl Birth and The Who Dey Chant.
    Today you learn the origin of

Rumors (It came from the Saints, It came from Alcorn State University, It came from LSU.)

Today you learn how it got started, when it started and where it traveled once it became popular. It started in November of 1981. And following is the stepping stone to it's arrival.

The Bengals were going up against the Steelers in the middle of October. Both had records of 4-2. The Steelers lost their first two games and then went on to win 4 in a row. It was the lowly Bengals playing the Super Bowl Champs of 1979 who was 9-7 in 1980. It was a big deal beating the Steelers because the Bengals already were defeated by co division leaders Houston and Cleveland who were 11-5 the year before.
    At that time Pittsburgh was the big game of the year. That and Buffalo who was 11-5 also in 1980. The Buffalo Bills game didn't mean as much because the Bengals only beat teams that had worse records than them...
    12-20-2009, 03:52 AM
Working...
X