Collapse

Home

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belichick on Brown

Belichick on Brown

From Bengals.com 2013 Patriots head coach Bill Belichick, noted football historian, understands what a visit to the banks of the Ohio River means Sunday (1 p.m.-Cincinnati's Channel 12) when the undefeated Patriots play the enigmatic Bengals at Paul Brown Stadium. And for Belichick, Paul Brown is underlined. Not Chuck Noll, the man that Belichick can pass Sunday with a victory into fifth place on the NFL's all-time wins list. "His offensive mind and the West Coast Offense that really should be the Ohio River Offense because it's really Paul Brown's offense that (Bill) Walsh took out of there," sai...
    See more | Go to post

• I ain't afraid of no ghost!!

I ain't afraid of no ghost!!

If there's something strange in your neighborhood who are you going to call, Ghostbusters. So many fans don't believe that the Bengals can make the playoffs this year with the hard schedule they have. I'm going to predict that they lead the division with a 12-4 record. Here at Bengals Jungle I am the only one that has made this prediction. So to bust the ghost I am going to tell you why. First off, let's talk about team improvement. I believe the biggest improvement will be our rookie running back. Giovani Bernard is a type of running back that we haven't had here since Chris Perry. And although Per...
    See more | Go to post

• Mike Brown never changes?

Mike Brown never changes?

I keep hearing that Mike Brown never changes but then I look at what has happened in last few years and I say huh? First let me get all of you in an uproar. The Bengals never had a head coach over 8 years and that was Paul Brown. So there is a change because Marvin is going into his eleventh year. He also got a first round pick for a player he traded, there is a change since he became owner. He cut ticket prices, there is a change. He hired extra scouts, there is a change. He had training camp in Cincinnati, there is a change. Andy Dalton was first rookie QB t...
    See more | Go to post

• What if

What if

The Cincinnati Bengals have made the playoffs the last two years and three out of four years but have not won a playoff game. What if things go Bengals way this year? What if Marvin Lewis decides that his coordinators decide what is best for their units instead of Marvin pushing his agenda. Point to be made. In 2009 the Bengals made playoffs as a running team, next year Marvin decides we need to be a passing team. Result we go from 10-6 to 4-12. What if Marvin Lewis starts benching under performing veterans and replace them hungry...
    See more | Go to post

• The Cincinnati Bengals 2012 and Beyond.

The Cincinnati Bengals 2012 and Beyond.

So how are the Bengals, going to perform in 2012 and how are they going to perform after 2012. Well, as of right now nobody knows. Most power rankings for the Cincinnati Bengals in 2011 had them at 32nd in the league. But the Bengals surprised many and they made the playoffs for the second time in three years. This years power rankings ranks the Bengals from 9 to 19 that is a big spread but is 13 spots better than last year. There are people that thought last year was a fluke. And then there's those who say they could possibly make it to the Super Bowl. Let's review, preview and analyze the new Cincinnati Bengals. I'm going to start from the top down and look at the positive steps of each section of the team. The owner Mike Brown and Bengals front office officials have made some positive steps. Number one positive step is having complete ownership of the Cincinnati Bengals, so there can be no in fighting among shareholders. After taking full ownership. The Bengals restructured the ticket pricing for most of the stadium. Some sections ticket prices went down. While other sections had a slight increases. Still, it made it easier for those less fortunate to afford Cincinnati Bengals tickets. The Bengals made the move, allowing director of football operations to retire. Not giving the title to anyone else, but the director of scouting Duke Tobin seems to be in charge. They added two scouts, one out West and one in the South. The Bengals also moved training camp inside the city for the fans, so the players could be closer to home. There was also changes in the coaching staff adding Mark Carrier and Hue Jackson. Last year Bengals added James Urban receivers coach who was with Philadelphia 2004-2010. Kyle Caskey as assistant offensive line coach, Brayden Coombs offensive assistant to Jay Gruden and David Lippincott as defenses assistant to...
    See more | Go to post

• Mike Brown, Cincinnati Bengals Loyalist

Mike Brown, Cincinnati Bengals Loyalist

Mike Brown of the Cincinnati Bengals has been loyal to the city of Cincinnati and the Cincinnati Bengals football team. There has been much criticism of Mike Brown over the years for his running of the Cincinnati Bengals operations. But what people don't really understand is the things he's done. He's did things for the betterment of the team and its future. Sometimes when you are not able to afford something you have to take your time and save for future. And that is what Mike Brown has done for Cincinnati Bengals. Many may not know this but Mike Brown is a reason that the Bengals home is here in Cincinnati. When they were looking for a place for the Cincinnati Bengals to ...
    See more | Go to post

• Fixing the Problems

Fixing the Problems

By Larry S. The Cincinnati Bengals started out quick and then hit a wall at the end of the season. They started out 6-2 and finished 3-5 ending with a 9-7 record. So the question is why did they hit that wall? Many people will say it was an easy part of a schedule versus a tough part of a schedule but I look at it differently. The Bengals hardest part of schedule could have been the first part. And you may ask why I believe this? Because of this. The Bengals started the season with a rookie QB and a free agent QB neither played for Bengals 2010. The starting outside receivers had a total of 4 starts between them, one being a rookie. They had a new receivers coach who was a QB coach in Philadelphia. And a new offensive coordinator who was coaching his first NFL games. On defense you had three new free agents. Two linebackers Manny Lawson and Thomas Howard. And a new cornerback Nate Clements. Then you had a linebacker switching position from last year. Going from outside linebacker to inside linebacker(Rey Maualuga). So basically the offense and defense was starting from stratch. The air game on offense was brand new, with new coaches, receivers and quarterback. On de...
    See more | Go to post

• Changing of guard?

Changing of guard?

By Larry S. What is up with Cincinnati Bengals? Mike Brown buys out remaining shares of stock to own team out right. His director of football operation is retiring after 2012 draft and Bengals offer fans two for one tickets. All this in less than a week. Question is, why announce this all before 2012. Mike Brown known as a cheap owner no longer has to compete against the Jerry Jones or Dan Synder type owners. All the profit from the Bengals go to him and not divided between share holders. And we know the NFL makes money especially the winning franchises. What does owning Bengals outright have to do with announcements...
    See more | Go to post

• The Intangibles

The Intangibles

By Larry S.

How do you tell if a football team is headed in the right direction? We are told that the NFL is set up to create parity but it seems the same teams keep going to the playoffs. So is this parity?
    Teams that are on top most years.
    • New England Patriots
    • Pittsburgh Steeler
    • Indianapolis Colts
    • Baltimore Ravens
    • New York Giants
    • New Orleans Saints
    • Green Bay Packers
    • San Diego Chargers

Now these teams do have off years, but most years they are on top. Then you have teams at the bottom.
    • Detroit Lions
    • Buffalo Bills
    • Arizona Cardinals
    • Cleveland Browns
    • Miami Dolphins
    • Oakland Raiders
    • St Louis Rams
    • Washington Redskins
    Now these teams have occasional good ...
    See more | Go to post

• Mike Brown is a genius

Mike Brown is a genius

Now that I got your attention, go ahead and moan and bitch. Take your time. I have the time.
    With the 2010 season ending on a high note after a whole NFL season low note. Mike Brown pulls off the deal of the century. First the story behind it all. The last few years the offense has been stagnated and no one could really point the finger of exactly who was the main problem. Was it the coordinator Bob (hic cup) Bratkowski, or was it Carson (int) Palmer, could it have been Ohco (stinko) Cinco, maybe for one year it was Terrell (drop it) Owens or could it have been Marvin (wrong move) Lewis? In any case the fans were fed up. The fans were pointing fingers at everyone including Mike (Einstein) Brown....
    See more | Go to post
There are no articles in this category.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.

article_tags

Collapse

There are no tags yet.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• Belichick on Brown
    Super Cat
    From Bengals.com 2013 Patriots head coach Bill Belichick, noted football historian, understands what a visit to the banks of the Ohio River means Sunday (1 p.m.-Cincinnati's Channel 12) when the undefeated Patriots play the enigmatic Bengals at Paul Brown Stadium. And for Belichick, Paul Brown is underlined. Not Chuck Noll, the man that Belichick can pass Sunday with a victory into fifth place on the NFL's all-time wins list. "His offensive mind and the West Coast Offense that really should be the Ohio River Offense because it's really Paul Brown's offense that (Bill) Walsh took out of there," sai...
    10-02-2013, 10:30 PM
  • I ain't afraid of no ghost!!
    Super Cat
    If there's something strange in your neighborhood who are you going to call, Ghostbusters. So many fans don't believe that the Bengals can make the playoffs this year with the hard schedule they have. I'm going to predict that they lead the division with a 12-4 record. Here at Bengals Jungle I am the only one that has made this prediction. So to bust the ghost I am going to tell you why. First off, let's talk about team improvement. I believe the biggest improvement will be our rookie running back. Giovani Bernard is a type of running back that we haven't had here since Chris Perry. And although Per...
    05-19-2013, 01:30 PM
  • Mike Brown never changes?
    Super Cat
    I keep hearing that Mike Brown never changes but then I look at what has happened in last few years and I say huh? First let me get all of you in an uproar. The Bengals never had a head coach over 8 years and that was Paul Brown. So there is a change because Marvin is going into his eleventh year. He also got a first round pick for a player he traded, there is a change since he became owner. He cut ticket prices, there is a change. He hired extra scouts, there is a change. He had training camp in Cincinnati, there is a change. Andy Dalton was first rookie QB t...
    03-23-2013, 08:40 PM
  • What if
    Super Cat
    The Cincinnati Bengals have made the playoffs the last two years and three out of four years but have not won a playoff game. What if things go Bengals way this year? What if Marvin Lewis decides that his coordinators decide what is best for their units instead of Marvin pushing his agenda. Point to be made. In 2009 the Bengals made playoffs as a running team, next year Marvin decides we need to be a passing team. Result we go from 10-6 to 4-12. What if Marvin Lewis starts benching under performing veterans and replace them hungry...
    01-27-2013, 10:16 AM
  • The Cincinnati Bengals 2012 and Beyond.
    Super Cat
    So how are the Bengals, going to perform in 2012 and how are they going to perform after 2012. Well, as of right now nobody knows. Most power rankings for the Cincinnati Bengals in 2011 had them at 32nd in the league. But the Bengals surprised many and they made the playoffs for the second time in three years. This years power rankings ranks the Bengals from 9 to 19 that is a big spread but is 13 spots better than last year. There are people that thought last year was a fluke. And then there's those who say they could possibly make it to the Super Bowl. Let's review, preview and analyze the new Cincinnati Bengals. I'm going to start from the top down and look at the positive steps of each section of the team. The owner Mike Brown and Bengals front office officials have made some positive steps. Number one positive step is having complete ownership of the Cincinnati Bengals, so there can be no in fighting among shareholders. After taking full ownership. The Bengals restructured the ticket pricing for most of the stadium. Some sections ticket prices went down. While other sections had a slight increases. Still, it made it easier for those less fortunate to afford Cincinnati Bengals tickets. The Bengals made the move, allowing director of football operations to retire. Not giving the title to anyone else, but the director of scouting Duke Tobin seems to be in charge. They added two scouts, one out West and one in the South. The Bengals also moved training camp inside the city for the fans, so the players could be closer to home. There was also changes in the coaching staff adding Mark Carrier and Hue Jackson. Last year Bengals added James Urban receivers coach who was with Philadelphia 2004-2010. Kyle Caskey as assistant offensive line coach, Brayden Coombs offensive assistant to Jay Gruden and David Lippincott as defenses assistant to...
    08-01-2012, 02:40 PM
  • Mike Brown, Cincinnati Bengals Loyalist
    Super Cat
    Mike Brown of the Cincinnati Bengals has been loyal to the city of Cincinnati and the Cincinnati Bengals football team. There has been much criticism of Mike Brown over the years for his running of the Cincinnati Bengals operations. But what people don't really understand is the things he's done. He's did things for the betterment of the team and its future. Sometimes when you are not able to afford something you have to take your time and save for future. And that is what Mike Brown has done for Cincinnati Bengals. Many may not know this but Mike Brown is a reason that the Bengals home is here in Cincinnati. When they were looking for a place for the Cincinnati Bengals to ...
    06-12-2012, 11:07 AM
Working...
X