Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Day Thread: Bengals vs Browns

Dissect! Enjoy!
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

This is a truly strange board. It lights up like Tokyo at midnight when the Bengals lose. But when they win, the very thing everybody here wants them to do, there isn't a peep. Cincy blows-out the Brown 31-7 and not a word is posted.

Comment

I just got home. I was watching the game at a friend's house and then went to my sister's house for a bit. Aside from that fumble on the opening drive, the boys looked good all the way around today. Yes, they were playing Cleveland, so take the results with a grain of salt, but still good to see the Bengals playing well. Maybe this will give them some confidence going forward. I'm officially on the keep Kroft, let Eifert walk bandwagon (unless we can sign Eifert for cheap, which is doubtful).

By the way, Lawson broke two teeth on one of his sacks today. He wasn't wearing a mouthguard. Apparently, he never wears one.

Comment

anybody else a Nick Vigil fan? kid is seriously starting to grow on me..

Andre at LT...is that the end of OGB?

didn't hear a peep from the RT spot today....young Fisher just might turn into a player after all.

good day for Bullock..
        potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
        QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
        OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

Originally posted by spicoli View Post
          anybody else a Nick Vigil fan? kid is seriously starting to grow on me..

Andre at LT...is that the end of OGB?

didn't hear a peep from the RT spot today....young Fisher just might turn into a player after all.

good day for Bullock..

Yep, Vigil is looking like a player. Mixon is the real deal, also.

Good Andy showed up today. Liked the way he wen to the tight end.

Fisher lost his jock in the first series. He looked terrible giving up the sack/fumble by Dalton.

After that, Andy started unloading quickly.

Can't believe that Hill was forgiven so quickly after his fumble.

Comment

The draft selection of Vigil was pretty much questioned on this forum. For some strange reason ML has decided to at least play the young guy early and see what he has. Looks like a winner while the tackles picked two years ago look like trouble. It is a shame we let the OL go to shambles this off season because the AFC is wide open!
            Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

Originally posted by LimaBengal View Post

Fisher lost his jock in the first series. He looked terrible giving up the sack/fumble by Dalton.
              I missed almost all of the first qtr, did they pull him after the sack/strip? I wasn't really paying much attention....if they pulled him, who played in his spot?

potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
              QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
              OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

Originally posted by spicoli View Post

I missed almost all of the first qtr, did they pull him after the sack/strip? I wasn't really paying much attention....if they pulled him, who played in his spot?
                I think he played the whole game

Comment

It was the Browns. tOSU is better than the Browns.
                  Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

Comment

Hue is 1-19 as the Browns' head coach.
                    Only users lose drugs

Comment

There was no "real" victory available today. We all held our breath, hoping we could at least beat the most amazingly dysfunctional team in the league. So the fact of no rejoicing here doesn't surprise me. I was glad we won, but hardly proud or excited about it. Crap we started by Dalton fumbling and only the Browns' amazing ineptness saved us. Then Dalton went into complete panic mode, playing awful for a while until he regained his composure.

It isn't as if the Bengals turned some corner; they beat an awful team. Yippee !
                      ///M
                      The most powerful letter in the alphabet

Comment

Working...
                      X