Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Day Thread: Bills vs Bengals

Dissect! Enjoy!
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Bengals have a legit top 3 defense with Burfict on the field.....him and Vigil must have at least 30 tackles between them today..
    potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
    QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
    OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

Yeah Bengals D is impressive.
      The Bengals have abused their fans so much over the years, they might as well hold an annual Punch Your Customers In the Face Day.

Comment

Win? What win?

Comment

From my perspective, this is a totally different team over the last 3 games, and has given me hope for at least salvaging an enjoyable season, if not an appearance in the playoffs. The Bengals were virtually unwatchable games 1 and 2, but are now decently entertaining. Replacing Ken Zampese with Bill Lazor has produced undeniable results and has to be acknowledged as a brilliant move on the part of Marvin Lewis, Mike Brown or whoever called the shot.

Hey, with the Steelers losing again and falling to 3-2, we're just a game out of 1st...Pittsburgh looks beatable of late, so we can tease ourselves for awhile.

Comment

if they can get to 3-3 they'll be right back in it......that defense is gonna keep them in every game they play in from here on out..

also, if it weren't for consistently blatant holding by the o-line, Carl Lawson would have at least 8-10 sacks right now......steal of the draft, he's like Derrick Thomas reincarnate.
            potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
            QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
            OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

Originally posted by spicoli View Post
              ...Carl Lawson would have at least 8-10 sacks right now......steal of the draft, he's like Derrick Thomas reincarnate.
              Absolutely...scary how high Lawson's ceiling could be..we just don't know yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Maldez View Post
                From my perspective, this is a totally different team over the last 3 games, and has given me hope for at least salvaging an enjoyable season, if not an appearance in the playoffs. The Bengals were virtually unwatchable games 1 and 2, but are now decently entertaining. Replacing Ken Zampese with Bill Lazor has produced undeniable results and has to be acknowledged as a brilliant move on the part of Marvin Lewis, Mike Brown or whoever called the shot.

Hey, with the Steelers losing again and falling to 3-2, we're just a game out of 1st...Pittsburgh looks beatable of late, so we can tease ourselves for awhile.
                I think it's quite charitable to call the Lazor hire as brilliant. We could just as well say not firing Zampese after last yr was bone headed. In other words they were merely correcting their own error by making this move after week 2

Comment

Quite entertaining contest today...even if it was a bit uncomfortable standing in the constant rain. Had an effect on the players--both sides had multiple players hurt in a relative short span. Even so, the play was remarkably crisp. I took particular interest in checking in on the progress of this new offensive line, and came away impressed. Andre Smith was switching back and forth from LT to RT, and looked quite good. Ced was quietly workmanlike--meaning he was meeting his assignments with ease, and getting it done. After thinking his season was over after Game 1, I was astounded to see Trey Hopkins not only in the game, but playing very well. Fisher had problems early, but seemed to rebound in the second half. All in all, a good showing...indicating the continuation of their upward progression.

And the next person who ever questions the toughness or courage of Andy Dalton, simply is just full of shit. End of story.

The NFL continues to be a farce of a sport. This alleged officiating crew were particularly abysmal--totally ignoring head shots, real PI's, and blatant holds...while manufacturing penalties out of thin air. About the only consistent thing they did, was give make-up calls after failing on others. That isn't officiating. But again, I can't completely blame them--they are given way too many rules to enforce, without the slightest means to be able to consistently enforce them.

On to the bye week.
                  "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

I still remember a time when the bye week was a 2 1/2 point favorite over the Bengals.
                    Only users lose drugs

Comment

Glad we are on bye this week. Steelers are going to be pissed and pumped to beat the Chiefs next week. We get to 3-3, all bets are off and division is wide open. If we only had a kicker, we'd be 3-2
                      Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

Comment

The Chiefs should crush the Steelers. If they have a weakness, I can't see it. That is one solid football team.
                        Only users lose drugs

Comment

Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post
                          Quite entertaining contest today...even if it was a bit uncomfortable standing in the constant rain. Had an effect on the players--both sides had multiple players hurt in a relative short span. Even so, the play was remarkably crisp. I took particular interest in checking in on the progress of this new offensive line, and came away impressed. Andre Smith was switching back and forth from LT to RT, and looked quite good. Ced was quietly workmanlike--meaning he was meeting his assignments with ease, and getting it done. After thinking his season was over after Game 1, I was astounded to see Trey Hopkins not only in the game, but playing very well. Fisher had problems early, but seemed to rebound in the second half. All in all, a good showing...indicating the continuation of their upward progression.

And the next person who ever questions the toughness or courage of Andy Dalton, simply is just full of shit. End of story.

The NFL continues to be a farce of a sport. This alleged officiating crew were particularly abysmal--totally ignoring head shots, real PI's, and blatant holds...while manufacturing penalties out of thin air. About the only consistent thing they did, was give make-up calls after failing on others. That isn't officiating. But again, I can't completely blame them--they are given way too many rules to enforce, without the slightest means to be able to consistently enforce them.

On to the bye week.
                          Thanks for the first-hand report....there's so much more going on beyond what you can pick up on the tube, that only somebody there can see....glad to know the offensive line is coming together!!

Comment

Not perfect by any means, of course, but it really is tangible the week-to-week improvement. Run blocking still isn't all that great--but there were some nice blocks being made. I am not sure how to gauge the effectiveness of this rotational thing at tackle (actually, they were rotating RG with three different guards at one point, but finally settled on Hopkins). Part of me says a line cannot jell completely unless they play as one unit for multiple games. But, it seems to help both Ced and Fisher to have Andre rotate in every third-fifth play, so don't mess with what appears to be working I suppose.

Comment

Condensed replay of the game...
                              08 October 2017: Bills at Bengals Ugh. The good news is this is the first time in nine years that the Bills are in first place in the AFC East for two consecutive weeks. Who would’ve thought …

Comment

Working...
                              X