No announcement yet.

McCarron Trade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A question we should consider - Given that many here respect Hue as an offensive mind and as someone who uses QB's well, does he believe McCarron is a better QB than Dalton? Given the price he was willing to pay this may seem logical.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

No, but it does sound like you'll dig up anything to fit your narrative.
      Only users lose drugs

Comment

Dalton wasn't on the trade block?
        potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
        QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
        OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

Originally posted by spicoli View Post
          Dalton wasn't on the trade block?
          No, Marvin loves his hairdo too much to trade him

Comment

Originally posted by Pre_hungover View Post
            No, but it does sound like you'll dig up anything to fit your narrative.
            Not a narrative, it is an open and valid question.

Comment

Wasn't there another player a while back that didn't get traded to or from Bengals because the deadline passed?

Comment

Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post

No, Marvin loves his hairdo too much to trade him
                I wouldn't trade Andy either to be honest.....despite all the bullshit he has going on around him he's actually stepped his game up and has been playing pretty damn well of late.

outside of Cam Newton, Aaron Rodgers or Russel Wilson, I can't see anyone playing any better under the same circumstances......the fact that he can complete 65% of his passes with a QB rating over 100 with the group he's got in front of him right now should probably tell people all they need to know.....he's getting it done despite the fact that no one else is, which is pretty impressive really.

potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
                QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
                OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

Jacksonville will be a tough game to win but if they do, they're still only two back from the Steelers with one more game vs those bastards at PBS. Problems are still there but anything can happen in the NFL.
                  Only users lose drugs

Comment

Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post

Not a narrative, it is an open and valid question.
                    Your answer is no. Hue went 10-2 with Dalton his last year and 2-3 with McCarron if you include the playoffs, 2-4 if you consider that McCarron played over 3/4 of the Steelers loss and contributed mightily to that loss.

OK, here's an open and valid question . . . In the history of the NFL, has there ever been a team that has traded their starting QB in mid-season? It may have happened but I don't recall it. Montana was off-season and had lost the job to Young while recovering for a year. Palmer was mid-season but he wasn't the starter and was inactive/retired.
                    Only users lose drugs

Comment

Originally posted by Super Cat View Post
                      Wasn't there another player a while back that didn't get traded to or from Bengals because the deadline passed?
                      DT Shaun Rogers. The Bengals tried to get him from the Lions for a third and fifth round pick, but missed the offseason deadline, so Rogers was due a $1 million signing bonus. The Bengals made another trade offer to the Lions to pay the $1 million bonus in addition to the picks, but the NFL nixed the deal over language about the terms of the deal. The Lions ended up trading Rogers to Cleveland instead. The Bengals ended up drafting Pat Sims and Jason Shirley with the two picks that would have gone to the Lions.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2011/2/1...back-from-lost

Comment

Your answer is no. Hue went 10-2 with Dalton his last year and 2-3 with McCarron if you include the playoffs, 2-4 if you consider that McCarron played over 3/4 of the Steelers loss and contributed mightily to that loss.

OK, here's an open and valid question . . . In the history of the NFL, has there ever been a team that has traded their starting QB in mid-season? It may have happened but I don't recall it. Montana was off-season and had lost the job to Young while recovering for a year. Palmer was mid-season but he wasn't the starter and was inactive/retired.
                        Not mid season but after season started. 1958 Bobby Layne was traded to Steelers from Lions after the second game of season. At that time Layne was so mad he said that on his way out of Detroit. Lions won't win again for 50 years. They never until they Drafted Stafford, one year after the 50 year mark going 0-16 the season before.

Comment

Jacksonville will be a tough game to win but if they do, they're still only two back from the Steelers with one more game vs those bastards at PBS. Problems are still there but anything can happen in the NFL.
                          Despite the quitting populace around here, it is actually closer to just WC qualifier. Buffalo losing tonight gives another boost towards that chase. Every week can change the story.
                          "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

If nothing else, McCarron's market value has been set at a 2nd and 3rd Round draft pick, and that's quite a return for a 5th round selection. I personally think the Bengals are trading the wrong QB.

Comment

The Browns are totally dysfunctional. It is Friday and Shashi Brown still has a job even though it is reported that owner Jimmy Haslam wants heads to roll over this. In retrospect, I'm happy for A.J. He would have been just another number of failed QBs in Cleveland. Seriously, they have ZERO weapons on offense. Without Joe Thomas, their OL is bad.

I'm also happy for Hue. Now he knows that the owner has his back since Haslam wanted the trade. Haslam can't fire Hue at this point. If I were Hue, I'd purposely tank the rest of the season knowing he can't be fired. Even if he is fired, maybe the clapping clown will be shown the door and Hue can come back here as H.C. That was the plan all along anyway. We were supposed to win it all in 2015. Marvin would retire or take front office job and Hue would become H.C. F UCKthe Steelers for breaking Dalton's thumb.
                              Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

Comment

Originally posted by spicoli View Post

I wouldn't trade Andy either to be honest.....despite all the bullshit he has going on around him he's actually stepped his game up and has been playing pretty damn well of late.

outside of Cam Newton, Aaron Rodgers or Russel Wilson, I can't see anyone playing any better under the same circumstances......the fact that he can complete 65% of his passes with a QB rating over 100 with the group he's got in front of him right now should probably tell people all they need to know.....he's getting it done despite the fact that no one else is, which is pretty impressive really.
                                What? Lol Brady, Wentz, Watson (out for season now), Smith, I could go on and on, Dalton is 87 QBR and no where near Top 15 QBs right now. Every team has OL issues. All of these guys have been sacked as many times as Dalton. Dalton May have maybe 2 more, but many of those are because of him.
                                "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

Comment

Working...
                                X