McCarron Trade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TigerJ@w View Post

What? Lol Brady, Wentz, Watson (out for season now), Smith, I could go on and on, Dalton is 87 QBR and no where near Top 15 QBs right now. Every team has OL issues. All of these guys have been sacked as many times as Dalton. Dalton May have maybe 2 more, but many of those are because of him.
    Everyone knows Dalton can ONLY succeed with a solid OL in front of him. Other elite QBs can manage with weak OLs if they have to. Everyone knows this and obviously the Bengals should be the most aware of this. So what do they do? Completely #### up the OL and set Dalton up to fail.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerJ@w View Post

What? Lol Brady, Wentz, Watson (out for season now), Smith, I could go on and on, Dalton is 87 QBR and no where near Top 15 QBs right now. Every team has OL issues. All of these guys have been sacked as many times as Dalton. Dalton May have maybe 2 more, but many of those are because of him.
      Obviously Brady is the greatest QB of all time, that's why I didn't bother listing him.....the rest of them aren't playing behind this Bengals o-line though and I guarantee you that all of them are running the ball at a much better clip as a team than the Bengals are.

right now Andy is ABSOLUTELY set up to fail and yet he's still playing at a pretty high level since the Zampese experiment ended....especially when you look at what's going on around him..

and I didn't even mention AJ Green being personally responsible for at least three of his int's.....the dude just can't catch a break.
      Last edited by spicoli; 11-04-2017, 04:57 PM.
      potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
      QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
      OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post

Everyone knows Dalton can ONLY succeed with a solid OL in front of him. Other elite QBs can manage with weak OLs if they have to. Everyone knows this and obviously the Bengals should be the most aware of this. So what do they do? Completely #### up the OL and set Dalton up to fail.
        Totally agree. They should never have let Whit leave. Even if it put pressure in the salary cap, the Bengals should have given Whit what he was asking for. Not only was he our best OL. He was THE leader on the team.
        Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

Comment

leader of the team and the union rep. .. i wonder if thats why soP only offered 1 yr deals and let himself be easily outbid.

Comment

Originally posted by ralphmtsu View Post
            The Browns are totally dysfunctional. It is Friday and Shashi Brown still has a job even though it is reported that owner Jimmy Haslam wants heads to roll over this. In retrospect, I'm happy for A.J. He would have been just another number of failed QBs in Cleveland. Seriously, they have ZERO weapons on offense. Without Joe Thomas, their OL is bad.

I'm also happy for Hue. Now he knows that the owner has his back since Haslam wanted the trade. Haslam can't fire Hue at this point. If I were Hue, I'd purposely tank the rest of the season knowing he can't be fired. Even if he is fired, maybe the clapping clown will be shown the door and Hue can come back here as H.C. That was the plan all along anyway. We were supposed to win it all in 2015. Marvin would retire or take front office job and Hue would become H.C. F UCKthe Steelers for breaking Dalton's thumb.
            Hubby thinks that Hue has been guaranteed a job next year no matter what and that's why he's sticking with Kizer.
            "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Comment

I could definitely see this trade still happening in the offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by spicoli View Post

Obviously Brady is the greatest QB of all time, that's why I didn't bother listing him.....the rest of them aren't playing behind this Bengals o-line though and I guarantee you that all of them are running the ball at a much better clip as a team than the Bengals are.

right now Andy is ABSOLUTELY set up to fail and yet he's still playing at a pretty high level since the Zampese experiment ended....especially when you look at what's going on around him..

and I didn't even mention AJ Green being personally responsible for at least three of his int's.....the dude just can't catch a break.
                I agree that Andy is setup to fail right now. between the putrid o-line, lack of running game (mostly due to the o-line), the dropped passes that have been picked off, having to adjust to a new coordinator, having Eifert and Boyd out, and John Ross either being unable to play or Marvin stubbornly refusing to let him play. That being said, he too often bails on plays before he needs to, misses easy passes to wide open receivers (like the pass to AJ last week), or locks in on one receiver instead of going through his progressions.

Comment

Originally posted by TD Bengals View Post
                  That being said, he too often bails on plays before he needs to, misses easy passes to wide open receivers (like the pass to AJ last week), or locks in on one receiver instead of going through his progressions.
                  and you don't think that's a direct result of the o-line? a lot of times he's getting hit before he can even take a full drop, that's bound to screw up the internal clock at some point.

how can he trust the guys in front of him even a little bit? hard to fault the guy for being a little skittish back there at the moment IMO.

Comment

Watching Thanksgiving games.....it's amazing how pedestrian these QB's look when the offense can't run the ball....who ever woulda thunk that?

Comment

Yeah, I was noticing that vaunted Dallas line could get literally no push on a smallish LAC D-line. Albeit that was one of the worst games in terms of inconsistent holding calls I have seen in a while. And that is saying a lot with this circus league.
                      "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post
                        Yeah, I was noticing that vaunted Dallas line could get literally no push on a smallish LAC D-line. Albeit that was one of the worst games in terms of inconsistent holding calls I have seen in a while. And that is saying a lot with this circus league.
                        Zach Martin, maybe the best guard in the NFL was hurt and missed a huge part of the game.

Comment

It is time to play McCarron, nothing to lose really

Comment

Originally posted by Bengali View Post
                            I could definitely see this trade still happening in the offseason.
                            Can't AJ walk after the season? unless tagged?

If so, isn't trading him a moot option?

Comment

Originally posted by LimaBengal View Post

Can't AJ walk after the season? unless tagged?

If so, isn't trading him a moot option?
                              As of right now the Bengals control him next year. They claim his first yr was lost due to a pre existing injury which means it did not count towards his NFL service time. McCarron has filed a grievance to challenge that. I doubt he'll win that grievance

Comment

Read some where that that greivance decision will be made in February

Comment

Working...
                                X