X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Those Who Simply Cannot Wait...

Here is the site for you...tankathon.com:

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

Just goes to show, there can be a "Power Rating" for anything these days. The Mock Draft is weird too.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

I'd be pretty upset if we were to have a shot at both but ended up with McGlinchey instead of Nelson...
    potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
    QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
    OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

Bryce Love in the Second Round? WHY? They just resigned Gio and drafted Mixon. They need O-line, LBer, TE, and Safety help before another high round RB.

Comment

I thought the name of the site was hilarious: tankathon.

So, which of the top 5 will tank the best? I am betting on SF...with NYG coming in second.
        "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

This site might be even worse... They think the Bengals will take Lamar Jackson. In what world would the Bengals have Dalton with several years left on his contract, McCarron who they could decide to keep, would draft Jackson???

http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2017/1...1&noRedirect=1

Comment

Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post
            So, which of the top 5 will tank the best? I am betting on SF...with NYG coming in second.
            for sure the Giants....they're already looking at QB's to replace Eli with

Comment

Jeremy Hill to IR....Bengal career pretty much over...

https://twitter.com/HBalzer721/statu...83576135036929

Comment

Originally posted by spicoli View Post
                Jeremy Hill to IR....Bengal career pretty much over...

https://twitter.com/HBalzer721/statu...83576135036929
                Yup and there is something fishy about it all. Hill went from starter and not on the injury report, to out for a game, to IR in 2 weeks. Sounds like an attitude issue rather than an injury one.

Comment

yeah I would guess he was crying about playing time like a little whiner.....they should have traded him the minute they drafted Joe Mixon.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewdog View Post

Yup and there is something fishy about it all. Hill went from starter and not on the injury report, to out for a game, to IR in 2 weeks. Sounds like an attitude issue rather than an injury one.
                    Or it could be that our crack medical staff strikes again and misdiagnoses an injury.
                    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Comment

Originally posted by shebengal View Post

Or it could be that our crack medical staff strikes again and misdiagnoses an injury.
                      me thinks shebengal is right,

Comment

I would have started Hill the rest of the season if he stayed healthy. Let him take all of the starter snaps behind this shit line and let Mixon prepare for next year under an improved O-line.

To be honest, I would have traded him or cut him after the fumble in the playoff game. Get that bad juju out of town as quick as possible. Watch him be exactly what the Steelers need as a power back next season.
                        Only users lose drugs

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker57 View Post

me thinks shebengal is right,
                          it's highly doubtful that there's anything even wrong with him other than a ankle sprain.....I just don't think they wanted to deal with the distraction, in all honesty.

I say kudos to them

like Pre said, he should have been traded after the fumble against Pitt.....personally, I would have simply cut him the next day and been done with it.

Comment

We all know that mainstays like Mike Brown, Andy Dalton and Marvin Lewis aren't the best but we're stuck with 'em for now. But I'd like to point out 4 huge mistakes in judgment by this franchise that all occurred in the last 6 mos or so and they were all unforced errors . Were these errors not made, I think this team would be competitive.

1) Completely blown top ten pick in John Ross. Injuries and coaching aside, this guy is not worthy of a top ten pick. A franchise can't afford to blow such valuable picks
                            2) Let Andrew Whitworth go. This was huge to the O line and huge to the team's locker room. Guys like him only come around every ten yrs or so to this team. We can't afford to just dump these kinds of guys onto the open market
                            3) Cut Jake Elliott. Here they drafted a talented K and they let him go in favor of a journeyman because the rookie missed a kick or two in the preseason. That's called growing pains and is to be expected with a rookie K. If you can't handle that then don't draft a rookie. These growing pains are actually relatively mild. Neil Rackers' growing pains were far worse. How the team could blow this is beyond me.
                            4) Didn't fire Zampese sometime during the off season. If they couldn't tell he wasn't getting the job done then something's wrong.

These were all huge no brainer bad decisions they made. NFL franchises can only afford so many bone headed decisions. After you make more than a few then you can't recover. They're in that situation right now. It's no secret why they're so bad. They've gotten to this point through a variety of bad calls on their part. They didn't get this bad due to injuries, bad calls or an aging of their personnel.

Comment

Well done. I'll add in #5
                              Decided to let Burkhead walk while keeping Hill for one more year.

I know it's out of the 6 month window you mentioned but they're still reeling from losing Nelson at S. His play got Iloka an undeserved contract. Iloka's been shit since Nelson left and Shawn Williams has been worse
                              Only users lose drugs

Comment

Working...
                              X