Game Day Thread: Bengals vs Mules

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spicoli View Post
    I think think the Browns can beat us next week.....talk about nails in Marv's coffin, giving Hue his first win of the year would be a huge one!
    As long as Shawn Williams, Glasgow, Chris Smith, and all the rest can come back... and Burfict doesn't get put into concussion protocol, I think the Bengals just blitz the hell out of Kizer and make him throw interceptions.

Comment

spicoli Are you Cincy841? lol

Comment

Kizer having a career day would be a much more interesting scenario..
        potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
        QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
        OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
          spicoli Are you Cincy841? lol
          No idea who that is, so apparently not

Comment

Wins just don't help us any at this point, IMO.....finishing 8-8 would be the worst thing that could happen to the fan base in my eyes.

Comment

No idea who that is, so apparently not
              They made the EXACT same quote as you on Cincyjungle..."what would a loss to the 0-10 browns mean?"

Comment

Wins just don't help us any at this point, IMO.....finishing 8-8 would be the worst thing that could happen to the fan base in my eyes.

Yeah but they could control their own destiny. It's no different than the start of the season.

Comment

Yeah but they could control their own destiny. It's no different than the start of the season.
                  You can't back into the playoffs and expect to win without an OL or running game though, it would just be another national embarrassment...and getting to the playoffs at all would just be another excuse to keep things more of the same around PBS....we'll just end up with one of Haslett, Coyle, Guenther at HC.....yippie.

Comment

You can't back into the playoffs and expect to win without an OL or running game though, it would just be another national embarrassment...and getting to the playoffs at all would just be another excuse to keep things more of the same around PBS....we'll just end up with one of Haslett, Coyle, Guenther at HC.....yippie.
                    I know the team isn't a Super Bowl contender, but if they finish strong this year and make the playoffs, it could give a lot of the young guys not only some experience, but also some confidence to play better next year. I mean do you really want this rookie class to start out their career like a bunch of ####ing losers? Or at least as a playoff team?

Comment

we went from #5 overall to #8 overall in the draft.....likely need top 6 to have a shot at QNelson..

Comment

I mean do you really want this rookie class to start out their career like a bunch of ####ing losers? Or at least as a playoff team?
                        I can only tell you what I DON'T want, LD....more of the same.

Comment

The Bengals play calling is so damn predictable. 1st down pass-- incomplete. 2nd-10. Run the ball, lose 2 yards. 3rd and 12. Pass to the tight end for 11 yards. 4th and 1-- punt. For the life of me, why the hell do we ALWAYS run the ball on 2nd down if the first down play is a dud? Bodine is a turd. We could have stolen Alex Mack a few years ago but the dumb asses in the front office ALWAYS go cheap with he OL. Just f ucking imagine if we simply matched the Rams' offer for Whit and let him stay at LT? We might be 6-4 at this point if Marvin and the decision makers weren't so adamant about Ogbuei. He is an official bust. Oh and of course, Bullock sucks. I told you all in pre-season. Didn't like Elliot either. We never address the kicker position. We just let it come to us and we take whatever castoff bum is out there.
                          Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

Comment

Originally posted by ralphmtsu View Post
                            The Bengals play calling is so damn predictable. 1st down pass-- incomplete. 2nd-10. Run the ball, lose 2 yards. 3rd and 12. Pass to the tight end for 11 yards. 4th and 1-- punt. For the life of me, why the hell do we ALWAYS run the ball on 2nd down if the first down play is a dud? Bodine is a turd. We could have stolen Alex Mack a few years ago but the dumb asses in the front office ALWAYS go cheap with he OL. Just f ucking imagine if we simply matched the Rams' offer for Whit and let him stay at LT? We might be 6-4 at this point if Marvin and the decision makers weren't so adamant about Ogbuei. He is an official bust. Oh and of course, Bullock sucks. I told you all in pre-season. Didn't like Elliot either. We never address the kicker position. We just let it come to us and we take whatever castoff bum is out there.
                            Could have gotten Eric Wood too who is a local kid... they just think the center position and guards are a dime a dozen...

Comment

Don't worry about this team making the playoffs. Of all the things in life to fret about...

Comment

You probably remember the Boomer Fun Ride the last 5 games of the 1997 season? I do. I recall even during that run, folks complaining that by winning too many games would screw up draft status. They had little shot at the playoffs when that streak happened--it would have taken a lot of things happening to get there, but it was fun watching and even hoping a little bit that it would. Tanking would not have mattered much in retrospect. Unless they were #1 overall, there was no Peyton for this team, but still got a very good LB at #13. Oh, and the "once in a lifetime " guard of that year--Alan Fanaca--went #26.

You still have some fears that too much winning will also just net some hum-drum replacement at HC too. Losing doesn't guarantee anything else either..and it has nothing to do with who owns the franchise or who makes the decisions. Anyone new is going to be just that--new. I'm watching Vance Joseph today. While I absolutely know he has the goods to be great, looking at some of his expressions and movements sung of an obvious "not quite sure what to do now". Interestingly, Mule Fan is in full-throated screams for Vance to be fired--and not at the end of the season...now.

We might as well get used to it: anyone new--whether a Pauly, a Zimmer, or some other Asst coach wunderkind--is going to have a break-in period. I wouldn't worry about who is there, just be happy you get your wish and everyone's pet hate ML will not be.

And no, they will not lose to the Browns--that is tankathon personified.
                                "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

Working...
                                X