Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I came over from the other board, but changed my screen name at the switch.

I grew up in the Dayton area, and have been a Bengals fan as long as I've been a sports fan. Unfortunately I've passed my love for losers onto my now 10 year old son, who is a HUGE Bengals fan. At least it gives me an excuse to come to a game on the rare occasion. "But honey, it's for the BOY!".

I'm in the Columbus area now, so have to deal with the Brown outs. I hope beyond all hope that the Bengals can turn it around before Cleveland does. I hate pretty much all things Cleveland and with C-Bus being a fair weather town when it comes to pro sports I couldn't bear living through this being a "Browns Town" again, even if it was temporary.
    Sto Pro Veritate

Comment

My name is Jim. I was born and raised in Cincy growing up on the west side - go Panthers.

I had Bengals season tickets in the inaugural seasons at Nippert and the following season at Riverfront. After sitting in about row 20 on the 20 yard line at Nippert our Riverfront seats were halfway up the upper deck in the end zone looking from one corner of the end zone to the other. After multiple complaints from fans like me Paul Brown was quoted in the paper that the best seats in the stadium were in those locations of the end zones - the apple does not fall from the tree.

After that season my business required several moves to other places, Boston, Ft. Lauderdale and finally Winston-Salem but I have always been a Bengal fan even through the Dolphins undefeated system.

I am just that a fan and do not follow the Xs and Os and other teams personnel as closely as many of you. Therefore, I do not engage in many of the debates in an effort to not look foolish. However, I throughly enjoy reading the post and the input of the different points of view.

I am also a diehard Reds fan.
      Last edited by NCStripes; 04-13-2011, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AussieBengal View Post

During that time we got to play against some high schoool state teams from the USA.
        Man, who are these uber-rich High Schools that can afford that kind of a road-trip? Must be Catholic.
        "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

"You're either incredibly prepared, or incredibly physically talented."

Comment

Is this like an AA meeting? Hi, I'm TD Bengals and I'm a Bengals addict. I know being a Bengals fan isn't healthy, but I just can't bring myself to quit.

Like a few others, I was on the old Cincy Talk boards back in the mid-late '90s. Went to Fanhome for awhile until that board imploded. I was a refugee for a few months until someone posted a link to this board. I had a couple of different usernames on CincyTalk, but I've been TD Bengals ever since going to Fanhome.

I'm 31 years old and live in Northern Kentucky. Went to school at UK. Been a Reds and Bengals fan since I was about 7 or 8. Interesting fact: my great grandfather's brother was Earl Wilson, quarterback for Navy who was paralyzed in a game against Villanova in 1909 and subsequently died 6 months later.

Comment

For the Reds fans, I just added a Reds forum. I quit watching baseball with last strike and said I would never watch another baseball game. I haven't either. But since all of those players are retired I decided I might start watch again. So now you can enjoy another forum and a championship season. I will style it later in Reds colors.

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerBenner View Post
              Man, who are these uber-rich High Schools that can afford that kind of a road-trip? Must be Catholic.
              Not sure how they could afford it BB but it was squad made up from different schools to represent one of the states (can't remember which one though)
              It's an "Eeem-you" and not an "Eee-moo" and koalas are not related to bears.

Comment

Originally posted by AussieBengal View Post
                Not sure how they could afford it BB but it was squad made up from different schools to represent one of the states (can't remember which one though)
                Nebraska

Comment

Originally posted by tibor75 View Post

I started posting on the Bengals Insiders forum since 2000 or so. I love that board. It's like a bunch of us have grown up together....met up with 2 of the posters when I went to conferences in Toronto. Other than those 2, the other internet poster I've met is LeTigre during a game a few years ago. I was on the Huddles site when I wanted a forum that posted a little more than the Insiders board and came here with the migration. I can't post on any other Bengal board as I've pretty much been banned from them all.
                  Tibor: How could you forget meeting me at Fitzgerald's a few years back to watch the Bengals-Baltimore game? You told me I wasn't as bizarre looking as you pictured me!

Anyway, I am Shebengal. I started posting at Cincytalk in December of 1999 and have, like most of you, wandered from board to board and finally arrived here. I am the minority in my household as my husband "hubby dearest" and my son "the boy" are both Browns fans. I also try to organize get togethers in the Columbus area for the draft and the games where the Bengals are "Browned Out" so being browned out really doesn't bother me as long as I can go someplace to commiserate with other Bengals fans. Grew up in Cincy and used to watch football with my dad on Sundays once he retired from coaching youth football, but spent a good part of my autumn Sundays at a CYO game, either watching Dad coach or watching one of my 4 older brothers play. Came to Columbus in 1981 to attend OSU and never left and was in a dorm full of Cleveland natives. I haven't been to a Bengals game at PBS since the opener in 2000, but usually go up to the Bengals-Browns game in Cleveland every year, where hubby dearest, much to my chagrin, sticks us in the Family Zone, (because it's cheap) where you can't drink and you can't swear. He still doesn't get that if there's ever a game I need to drink and cuss at, it's that one!

Anyway, I have met a lot of the posters here, including LT, tibor (even if he doesn't remember), Supercat, CinciFan, Sox, Toronto Bengal, RTime, and Mad Doctor.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!
                  "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Comment

Wow it was that long ago I met you. How time does fly.

Comment

Stryker57-- long time bengals fan and only nfl team i follow or root for. ( well unless its a team playing the steelers/ravens or Colts).
                      Been around here since cinci talk, got lost when it closed, but SC (i think) found me and drug me through the DDD ( diamond dave debacle), fan home, and possiblity someother place till we landed here..
                      Was born mid 60's Been a construction worker most my life, but with the death of the economy tried college and graduating this spring with me associates.
                      Never met anyone here in person,
                      most seem very nice folks so probally would like ya if i ever did.
                      well 'cept tibor .

Comment

I became a Bengal fan around 1987 or 1988. I was around 11 or 12, had just started playing junior high football, and decided I liked it. This was in western Pennsylvania - right smack in the middle of Browns/Steelers territory. My Dad and older brother are hard core Steelers fans, but for whatever reason, much like Toronto Bengal (above), the tiger striped unis got me. They'll do that when you're young, plus a quarterback named Boomer and a running back named Icky... what 12 year old doesn't love that. So it stuck. And now, yes, Thanksgivings are interesting. Holidays are hard to enjoy in the midst of gloating Steelers fans.

I used to post under a different handle on a board between roughly 2000 and 2005. I don't remember the name of that board, but the reason I started posting here is that I recognize some familiar handles. There used to be a Coyotyl and a LondonBengal on that board, plus a few that I still see here. I posted then under the name 'Kolson,' which is my surname. That board got really, really political, and I got sucked into way too many arguments and decided to give it up. (If anybody here remembers me from before, I promise I'll behave myself now).

Comment

Hey, just got back on here after staying away for a while. My real name is Jeremy and my screenname is fairly obvious. I have been around some of you, mostly as a lurker, since the board on Cincy.com. Most of my posting happened when we were on huddles, but then I also migrated here when we all did that.

Have been a victim...err...fan of the Bengals since the 80's really. I jumped on board during a season that they only won 4 games just simply because I am a sucker for hard luck cases. They rewarded me with a Super Bowl run the very next year. My wardrobe is about half orange and black and I literally have a Bengals shirt for every day of the week.

I have moved around a little bit for work over the years, so I have lived in Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Tennessee and now Louisiana. It's interesting being one of the only Bengals fans here in Saints country.

I had a chance to meet several of you at the playoff game in 2005. It's a privilege to be able to play fantasy football with several of you and regularly get beat. Hey someone has to do it. I don't post near as much as I used to, but I do stop in and read what you have to say often.

Comment

They call me MadDoctor. I've been around since the Cincytalk days. Back then, I had way more time to spend posting on message boards than I do now. But I still poke my nose in here a couple times a week just to keep track of my old friends (those that are left). Keep up the good work here SC. BTW, has anyone heard from that chocolate fireplug, Orlando? Just wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by bengaljer View Post

My wardrobe is about half orange and black and I literally have a Bengals shirt for every day of the week.
                              That's pretty cool.
                              "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

"You're either incredibly prepared, or incredibly physically talented."

Comment

Originally posted by MadDoctor View Post
                                BTW, has anyone heard from that chocolate fireplug, Orlando? Just wondering.
                                I found Orlando on Facebook. We both belong to a group about our hometown. I told him where to find us and gave him this website.
                                "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Comment

Working...
                                X