This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shebengal View Post
    Tibor: How could you forget meeting me at Fitzgerald's a few years back to watch the Bengals-Baltimore game? You told me I wasn't as bizarre looking as you pictured me!
    With LeTigre in Columbus? yep, remember now...

Comment

I swore off message boards a few years ago but I've fallen off the wagon. I was around when the old Enquirer board went down after the cowardly attacks in 2001. (I refuse to call them terrorists because I'm not afraid of them and they are cowards for attacking unarmed women and children.)

I have an unhealthy obsession of the Bengals though I did manage to give up my season tickets 2 years ago. Went to my first Bengals game in 1974 and I've been hooked ever since. Proud alum of Western Hills High (home of Pete Rose whom my aunt once turned down for a date) and NKU.

My name comes from the title of a Christian oriented book for men who reach the midpoint or "Halftime" of their lives where they take account of the first half of their lives and game plan for the second half. I was also known as Rhino for a while on one message board.

Comment

Real name Michael. Born @ old Jewish Hospital. Only lived in Cincy for 3 years, but visited relatives every year growing up. Started as Raiders fan because I had them as one of the teams on my Tudor electric football game. However, I always loved it in Cincinnati, and decided to become Reds and Bengals fan in the mid-70's. I grew up mostly in Chicago and will follow the Cubs and Bears if they are doing well and the Cincy teams aren't. Currently live in Arkansas and also follow the 'backs.

Been posting since around 2000 on Cincytalk. Briefly had a screen name that had consisted of the initials of good/great players soP pissed away early in his reign.

Been lurking mostly lately, family issues preventing me spending much time here, not been inclined to post. Just doesn't seem important. I usually wisecrack, sometimes serious, occaisionally funny (but I try) :-)
        (ludwigvii was the funniest poster i've ever seen)

My screen name was a name I came up with for a PC-based multiplayer game that was based loosely on Middle Earth and other fantasy places. I was the Orcs, so I wanted a name for the king that sounded bad-ass but funny at the same time, hence Slade. the X being Slade the Tenth.

If nothing else, this place is a great read, as noted recently by another poster.
        Dona eis Requiem

Comment

It's been so long since I visited, I guess I got deleted and had to re-register...was one of the originals back in 1999 on cincytalk...was online 9/11/01 when the site went down. Traveled with everyone from site to site and came home from Korea in 2002 to meet a few of you at the games...Supercat, Ralphmtsu, shebengal, my pal LeTigre and Mad Doctor..etc...even had a Le Fin De Mond from Toronto Bengal....great time. I moved to Ashland KY when I got married and have pretty much focused my life on church. Will stop by from time to time to visit you guys...Hope I can find my old avatar!

Comment

Wow it has been a long time AFB. You were more than likely deleted when I was hacked twice in one month. That is why this is being done again. I fixed the problem and haven't been bother since. I will look for it also, I should have it somewhere, but not sure.
            Welcome back;
            Originally posted by AirForceBengal View Post
            It's been so long since I visited, I guess I got deleted and had to re-register...was one of the originals back in 1999 on cincytalk...was online 9/11/01 when the site went down. Traveled with everyone from site to site and came home from Korea in 2002 to meet a few of you at the games...Supercat, Ralphmtsu, shebengal, my pal LeTigre and Mad Doctor..etc...even had a Le Fin De Mond from Toronto Bengal....great time. I moved to Ashland KY when I got married and have pretty much focused my life on church. Will stop by from time to time to visit you guys...Hope I can find my old avatar!

Comment

Hey all. My real name is Peggy. Been a Bengal fan since the mid 80's after a co-worker got me into them (darn her!) I don't post much but I like reading all of yours & keeping up with everyone's opinions. My husband & two kids (20 & 17) don't watch football at all & can't understand my Bengal fandom. My husband gave up on them (& football too mostly) a long time ago.

I live in Chillicothe & get browned out of a lot of Bengals games. I'm hoping this year is better or Sunday Ticket is cheaper, whichever.

I've lurked around on all the boards and ended up here. I'm on twitter (@peg_adams) if anyone is interested in connecting there. It's fun on game days. I tweet about a lot more than sports and the Bengals though, so be warned! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by lady tiger(cubs) View Post
                Hey all. My real name is Peggy. Been a Bengal fan since the mid 80's after a co-worker got me into them (darn her!) I don't post much but I like reading all of yours & keeping up with everyone's opinions. My husband & two kids (20 & 17) don't watch football at all & can't understand my Bengal fandom. My husband gave up on them (& football too mostly) a long time ago.

I live in Chillicothe & get browned out of a lot of Bengals games. I'm hoping this year is better or Sunday Ticket is cheaper, whichever.

I've lurked around on all the boards and ended up here. I'm on twitter (@peg_adams) if anyone is interested in connecting there. It's fun on game days. I tweet about a lot more than sports and the Bengals though, so be warned! LOL
                Peggy? Are you the guy on those Discover commercials?

Comment

I should shove this in a file someplace to do a copy/paste.

Short and sweet: I was one of the first members on the Cincy Talk board when they launched in March 1999. A great core group developed there and traveled together to a variety of boards simply looking for a stable home. PaulBrown Bengal (Super Cat) finally stepped up and provided a home here. I still see the familiar posters here but don't post quite as much. The color contrast gets tough to read and I spend most of the time reading posting from my iPhone. (SuperCat, consider a more friendly color scheme and graphics).

I represent the Philly contingent with the outsiders' point of view. Been to Cincy for a game and met some of you, most notably, LeTigre, Sweenco, MadDoc and El Lobo. Been a fan since the mid 70's still waiting for the Lombardi trophy.
                  World's Simplest Fantasy Games

Comment

Originally posted by Harley View Post
                    The color contrast gets tough to read and I spend most of the time reading posting from my iPhone. (SuperCat, consider a more friendly color scheme and graphics).

Harley there are other styles you can view the forum in. If you scroll to bottom of the page on the bottom left there is a drop down where you can pick you style. I suggest dark gray. It has a white background and black text. There is also a pink style a political style and the newest style is America. I need to do some tweeting on most styles and will work on them more with next upgrade as there are some surprises that may throw off the styles and I don't want to do double work.

I have an announcement on top of all the forums titled
                    Read it your way/ Styling that tells you the same thing I'm telling you now.

Comment

Thanks Super Cat...my old computer died, still has the old fiend on it...thanks for digging it up!

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Ray View Post
                        Peggy? Are you the guy on those Discover commercials?
                        Haha I love that commercial!

Comment

Originally posted by Super Cat View Post
                          Harley there are other styles you can view the forum in. If you scroll to bottom of the page on the bottom left there is a drop down where you can pick you style. I suggest dark gray. It has a white background and black text. There is also a pink style a political style and the newest style is America. I need to do some tweeting on most styles and will work on them more with next upgrade as there are some surprises that may throw off the styles and I don't want to do double work.

I have an announcement on top of all the forums titled
                          Read it your way/ Styling that tells you the same thing I'm telling you now.
                          Sweet SC!!!! The Mobile color scheme is very easy on the eyes.
                          World's Simplest Fantasy Games

Comment

Great to see you post again, AFB. God bless you, my brother!

(Memorial Tourney again some year?)
                            "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post
                              Great to see you post again, AFB. God bless you, my brother!

(Memorial Tourney again some year?)
                              Yeah, that would be great!!!

Comment

Hi Everyone!

I am janrey,20 years of age.

Honestly i am new here...
                                Hope i enjoy staying
                                I love the game and i am so sportsmen guy that's why i am here..

can anyone tell me about the updates?
                                hfghfg

Comment

Working...
                                X