2009 Draft Round #3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TigerJ@w View Post
    NFLN says, you block him once and he is done. He just gives up on plays too much.
    maybe so, but if you block Odom and Geathers theyre done too, so what, we couldve done what Oakland did and draft a free agent MAC school safety

Comment

Originally posted by gupps View Post
      Mayock basically says he is a one trick pony and that if you block him he stays blocked
      First of all, I don't think that's true. And the above YouTube video shows a guy with a good motor.

Second of all, even if there is some truth to that, that's why Johnson wasn't a first-round pick. Usually a DE with his measureables and production would not last this long. I think we got another steal here. Any third-round pick is going to have some warts, but we got one with a lot less warts than most third-rounders and a hell of a lot more upside. I absolutely love this pick (and our draft as a whole thus far).

Comment

after watching the highlight reel, Mayock is an Idiot! I like how he contains the outside and makes the RB turn up field right into tacklers. From what I saw he was not giving up on plays. I think Mayock is just being picky. I think Zimmer will make him better.
        "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

Comment

Originally posted by icehole3 View Post
          we couldve done what Oakland did and draft a free agent MAC school safety
          Thats why its called ALzheimers I guess.

Comment

At least we can rely on Jay Hayes to coach him up to an elite NFL level.
            Only users lose drugs

Comment

Originally posted by gupps View Post
              Thats why its called ALzheimers I guess.
              Al's heimers?
              Only users lose drugs

Comment

Marvin just said it is not his final say so on who the Bengals pick. MFB makes the ultimate decision, but they talk and now you know.
                "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

Comment

One man's ceiling is another man's floor FWIW.

For whatever purpose they intend to use this Johnson for...I'm guessing he's ML's choice as the latter-day Pollack, and will never see 3-down DE territory.
                  "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

The Raiders continue their awful draft. The guy they took right after us (Shaughnessy, DE from Wisconsin) is not a good player and wasn't projected anywhere near the third round.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerJ@w View Post
                      Marvin just said it is not his final say so on who the Bengals pick. MFB makes the ultimate decision, but they talk and now you know.
                      I saw that. Is anybody really surprised?

Regardless of who is making the picks, this has been the best draft we've had in years, thus far.

Comment

Now give me some Caldwell with our third-round compensatory!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TD Bengals View Post
                          I saw that. Is anybody really surprised?

Regardless of who is making the picks, this has been the best draft we've had in years, thus far.
                          Looks great on paper. We shall see.

Comment

There was a time not all that long ago when Micheal Johnson was considered to be a top 5 pick. Just sayin...
                            potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
                            QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
                            OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
                              Now give me some Caldwell with our third-round compensatory!!!
                              and RB in 4th and TE in 5th and I will be ultimately happy.

Comment

OO RAH!!! put a Marine on the NFL network to read the dallas pick

Comment

Working...
                                X