Opponents Watch 2016

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lewdog View Post

In the same article it talks about teams maybe playing a game at huge college stadiums. Could you imagine the Browns and Bengals playing a game at the Horseshoe in Columbus?
    Well, the Browns pulled in 50,000 for a scrimmage last August at the Horseshoe. That would be awesome (especially since I live a 15 minute bike ride from there), but I don't know if OSU would go for it during the college football season.
    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Comment

Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
      In the same article it talks about teams maybe playing a game at huge college stadiums. Could you imagine the Browns and Bengals playing a game at the Horseshoe in Columbus?
      I can imagine it because I saw it...they played exhibition games in Ohio Stadium in the 70s, at least twice...I was young and don't remember too much except some Browns fans were being jerks (hard to imagine huh?)...I do NOT want to see the Bengals play a regular season game there...ever...

Comment

Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
        Because they are one of the best personnel management groups, plain and simple. What is truly amazing to me is how fast they can coach new players into their system. They are bringing in new players all the time. Nothing gets stale in Patriot land. I think one fault the Bengals have is the reliance on 'same old same old' and the fear of change.
        Haha, I make a similar statement every year and get bashed by LT and all of the Brown family lemmings.

Every year, teams that run deep into the playoffs annually, make more change than our Bengals, who have not won a post-season game in 25 years (more or less)

What is really amusing, is when some of these guys want to compare the Bengal organization to that of the Patriots'.

Comment

"This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

the Patriots have Tom Brady. No one else does....until they win consistently without Tom Brady, how do we really know how great they are otherwise? ....he's the greatest QB of all-time, it doesn't matter who's out there with him or who his coaches are, once he gets behind C, he does whatever he wants to on the field.....that gives them such a huge advantage over every other team (especially without Manning now) it's almost not even fair.....anyone really believe that if the Bengals had Tom Brady for the last 10 years they'd still be 0'fer?
            potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
            QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
            OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

Clowns sign RGIII, they will still probably draft a QB regardless. Hue will have his work cut out for him to make RG a dropback passer. BUT, if they get Josh Gorden back (they played at Baylor together) they could cause trouble (on and off the field..lol)
              Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

Originally posted by spicoli View Post
                the Patriots have Tom Brady. No one else does....until they win consistently without Tom Brady, how do we really know how great they are otherwise? ....he's the greatest QB of all-time, it doesn't matter who's out there with him or who his coaches are, once he gets behind C, he does whatever he wants to on the field.....that gives them such a huge advantage over every other team (especially without Manning now) it's almost not even fair.....anyone really believe that if the Bengals had Tom Brady for the last 10 years they'd still be 0'fer?
                Brady isn't even the greatest QB currently playing, much less all time. Good grief people need to get a clue about football.

Patriots went 11-5 without Brady in 2008 (Freakin Cassel!? Dude had not played since HIGH SCHOOL and won his first start! ) then 10-6 when he was back.

Not saying he sucks but he's as over rated as any NFL QB veteran maybe ever.
                ///M
                The most powerful letter in the alphabet

Comment

Originally posted by CinciFan View Post
                  Brady isn't even the greatest QB currently playing, much less all time. Good grief people need to get a clue about football.

Patriots went 11-5 without Brady in 2008 (Freakin Cassel!? Dude had not played since HIGH SCHOOL and won his first start! ) then 10-6 when he was back.

Not saying he sucks but he's as over rated as any NFL QB veteran maybe ever.
                  Right...

Brady's overall record is 193-59 (.766) in regular-season and playoff games.

4 Super Bowl champion (XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX, XLIX)
                  3 Super Bowl MVP (XXXVI, XXXVIII, XLIX)
                  2 NFL MVP (2007, 2010)
                  11 Pro Bowl (2001, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2009–2015)
                  2 First-team All-Pro (2007, 2010)
                  Second-team All-Pro (2005)
                  SN All-Pro (2012)
                  6 AFC Champion (2001, 2003, 2004, 2007, 2011, 2014)
                  4 NFL passing touchdowns leader (2002, 2007, 2010, 2015)
                  2 NFL passing yards leader (2005, 2007)
                  Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year (2005)
                  Sporting News Sportsman of the Year (2004, 2007)
                  AP Male Athlete of the Year (2007)
                  2 NFL Offensive Player of the Year (2007, 2010)
                  3 AFC Offensive Player of the Year (2007, 2010, 2011)
                  AP NFL Comeback Player of the Year (2009)
                  PFWA NFL Comeback Player of the Year (2009)
                  Bert Bell Award (2007)
                  NFL Alumni Quarterback of the Year (2007)
                  New England Patriots career leader in passing yards, passing touchdowns, wins, pass completions and pass attempts
                  Most career wins with single team (172)
                  NFL 2000s All-Decade Team

He's thrown for 58,000 yards, has a 428-150 TD to INT ratio, and a career 96.4 passer rating.

Are you smoking dope?

Comment

Originally posted by CinciFan View Post

Patriots went 11-5 without Brady in 2008..
                    and they also got bounced out of the playoffs with a first round L.....I sad win consistently, as in the same level that they were under Brady.

Comment

Originally posted by spicoli View Post
                      and they also got bounced out of the playoffs with a first round L.....I sad win consistently, as in the same level that they were under Brady.
                      Bottom line: he's out and they had a better record with some mediocre backup QB. That's not trivia: it is what happened. That backup went on to do exactly nothing noteworthy.

Check what happens when a team REALLY loses a great QB: Colts when Manning went down.
                      ///M

Comment

Again, I'm not saying he sucks. He's a good QB. But he's not nearly the best ever and even a generous evaluation doesn't even put him tops of current players.
                        ///M

Comment

Ok then, I don't know what to tell ya.

Comment

Reggie Nelson's job hunting just got even tougher, Browns released Donte Whitner. So that means another veteran free agent safety on the market.

Comment

Nelson will find a job before Whitner.

Also, Brady is best QB I've seen. He has done it consistently with no name WRs-- especially early in his career. Only true to receivers he has had were Moss and Gronk. The rest were role players like Welker, Patton, Edleman, Amendola, etc. All the other great QBs had top notch WRs. Marino had Duper and Clayton. Manning had Wayne and Harrison. Nobody has done more with less than Brady.
                              Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

Comment

Originally posted by ralphmtsu View Post
                                Nelson will find a job before Whitner.

Also, Brady is best QB I've seen. He has done it consistently with no name WRs-- especially early in his career. Only true to receivers he has had were Moss and Gronk. The rest were role players like Welker, Patton, Edleman, Amendola, etc. All the other great QBs had top notch WRs. Marino had Duper and Clayton. Manning had Wayne and Harrison. Nobody has done more with less than Brady.
                                I agree and I would add he plays better in tough games, he is a leader and he has put in the time to hone his craft. You can always look at a great QB, like Montana and ask if he would have been great without Walsh, or Bradshaw if he was drafted by the Saints - impossible to guess, you can only say this or that player was great within his environment. No doubt Bill B and Brady go hand in hand, but they are one of the best if not THE best HC/QB combos ever.
                                Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

Working...
                                X