Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opponents Watch 2016

New League year.

Lew mentioned something about the Eagles in the now-defunct 2015 thread.

What was that again?
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Eagles are stocking up draft picks. They are trading Kiko Alonso and Byron Maxwell to Miami, then they are trading the disgruntled Demarco Murray to the Titans.

Comment

Makes sense as the GM for the Eagles got his power back after Chip Kelly was fired. Smart moves if you ask me. Murray was a bust last year-- mainly due to the idiotic offense run by Kelly. Alonso was hurt and Maxwell wasn't that good without his "Legion of Boom" brothers out in Seattle. I wonder if they are in play to move up on the board and take a QB. I know they re-signed Bradford to essentially as "Andy Dalton" type of deal, but I'm assuming that the deal is structured in a way that would allow the Eagles to realistically cut ties with Bradford after 1 or 2 seasons.
      Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

Comment

Vinatari signs a two year deal to stay with the Colts. The guy is so old yet so reliable. I wonder how close he is to breaking the records of all those other old kickers like Morten Anderson.

Comment

Around The NFL ✔ ‎@AroundTheNFL
          Falcons finalizing five-year deal with Alex Mack http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...gn=Twitter_atn

Atlanta Falcons finalizing 5-year deal with Alex Mack

Alex Mack's tenure with the Cleveland Browns is officially over. The Pro Bowl center is set to sign with the Atlanta Falcons, according to NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport.
          nfl.com
          "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Martavis Bryant is facing a year-long suspension from the NFL, his agent confirmed to ESPN.
            http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14...ong-suspension

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Comment

Sweet !
              ///M
              The most powerful letter in the alphabet

Comment

and that ######ing td NEVER should have counted.....take those points off the board and it completely changes the complexion of that game.....assholes!
                potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
                QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
                OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

He was obviously sharing his dope with the referees and replay booth that day. Only people jacked out of their minds would have missed that call.

Or working for tha NFL...same difference.

Comment

**** Bryant
                    Last edited by Super Cat; 03-13-2016, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Just for a laugh, from the MMQB:

Just a few reminders about Cincinnati backup AJ McCarron, who I maintain would be the best option for Denver in the wake of losing Brock Osweiler:

• In the last four games of the regular season, when McCarron played for the injured Andy Dalton, McCarron completed 69, 71, 63 and 63 percent of his passes, including a 63-percent day against the league’s top defense, Denver.

• His 97.1 rating would have been ninth in the NFL had he qualified.

• In yards per pass attempt, a key number all coordinators are mindful of, McCarron and Osweiler both recorded 7.2 yards per pass play.

• Points per games in 2015, in games they started and played the whole game: Osweiler 20.5, McCarron 20.3.

I’d call Bengals boss Mike Brown if I were John Elway, just to check out McCarron’s availability.
                      Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

And in other news:

Aaron Wilson ✔ ‎@AaronWilson_NFL
                        Mike Munchak 'The NFL has rescinded my fine after reviewing the video' Munchak was fined $10,000 for allegedly pulling Reggie Nelson's hair
                        8:16 PM - 13 Mar 2016

Comment

I'd take Denver's #31 overall pick for McCarron and nothing less.

Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
                          Just for a laugh, from the MMQB:

Just a few reminders about Cincinnati backup AJ McCarron, who I maintain would be the best option for Denver in the wake of losing Brock Osweiler:

• In the last four games of the regular season, when McCarron played for the injured Andy Dalton, McCarron completed 69, 71, 63 and 63 percent of his passes, including a 63-percent day against the league’s top defense, Denver.

• His 97.1 rating would have been ninth in the NFL had he qualified.

• In yards per pass attempt, a key number all coordinators are mindful of, McCarron and Osweiler both recorded 7.2 yards per pass play.

• Points per games in 2015, in games they started and played the whole game: Osweiler 20.5, McCarron 20.3.

I’d call Bengals boss Mike Brown if I were John Elway, just to check out McCarron’s availability.

Comment

Originally posted by ralphmtsu View Post
                            I'd take Denver's #31 overall pick for McCarron and nothing less.
                            I wouldn't trade him for anything.

Oh and all you ####ing numbskulls who wrote the guy off can kiss my ass. I know a baller when I see one.
                            Dona eis Requiem

Comment

Yea, bench baller. What an asset.
                              ///M
                              The most powerful letter in the alphabet

Comment

Working...
                              X