No announcement yet.

Rebuilding year?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't want to hear how elite our Dline is. They got manhandled yesterday. That defensive performance was embarrassing to watch. They can't tackle and they STILL can't cover a tight end and with NE and 2 good tight ends playing next week, that is a major concern. Burfict being back has not seemed to make a difference in defending the running game.

Our Oline doesn't get a pass either. Their pass protection is horrendous! Dalton is not going to last the season if this keeps up.

It's finally happened. I've tried and tried to give Marvin the benefit of the doubt but he lost me yesterday. Down by 3 TDs, :15 left in the first half and 4th down, for crying out loud, GO FOR IT! I highly doubt that if the Bengals didn't convert that Dallas would have tried to go down the field with that little time yet. But NOOO, Marvin elected to play wussy ball and punt.

This team was ill prepared yesterday and it showed, and I blame the coaching staff for that.
    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Comment

The team was not only ill-prepared but quite unemotional. That part is far more troubling, we have been used to ill prepared with ML at the helm. The entire defense lacked the will so to speak so they got beaten like a red headed step child.
      Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
        This team has a lot of talent and Tobin's group is as good as any in the league. It is becoming very very clear that the shortcomings are with coaching. Marvin got us to above average but it could not get us over the playoff game hump and you can only do that trip so many times before it wears thin on players. We missed hiring Zimmer which was an out right failure to see the forest for the trees. Now the only option is to hire someone from the outside.
        I've been hearing for a few years now how Cincy has stock-piled some of the best talent in the league, but what I saw on the field at Dallas yesterday was anything but "best in class". Was it just a case of the coaching staff failing to prepare and motivate? Maybe. Or was it just a case of the team getting old? Even more maybe. And there's no cure for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Maldez View Post
          I've been hearing for a few years now how Cincy has stock-piled some of the best talent in the league, but what I saw on the field at Dallas yesterday was anything but "best in class". Was it just a case of the coaching staff failing to prepare and motivate? Maybe. Or was it just a case of the team getting old? Even more maybe. And there's no cure for that.
          We do have to note that their is an emotional part of this game (any game really) that propels players to higher levels. In the NFL the difference between teams is often only that emotional commitment to perform at a high level on every play. Not to beat a dead horse, but we have seen and are still seeing how engaged players are for a coach like Zimmer. Our team certainly had more of this in the past year or two then we have seen this year. I attribute that to the head coach and to the owner who has refused to change the head coach despite mutiple playoff failures.
          Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

Originally posted by shebengal View Post
            I don't want to hear how elite our Dline is. They got manhandled yesterday. That defensive performance was embarrassing to watch. They can't tackle and they STILL can't cover a tight end and with NE and 2 good tight ends playing next week, that is a major concern. Burfict being back has not seemed to make a difference in defending the running game.

Our Oline doesn't get a pass either. Their pass protection is horrendous! Dalton is not going to last the season if this keeps up.

It's finally happened. I've tried and tried to give Marvin the benefit of the doubt but he lost me yesterday. Down by 3 TDs, :15 left in the first half and 4th down, for crying out loud, GO FOR IT! I highly doubt that if the Bengals didn't convert that Dallas would have tried to go down the field with that little time yet. But NOOO, Marvin elected to play wussy ball and punt.

This team was ill prepared yesterday and it showed, and I blame the coaching staff for that.
            I was right there with ya sister! What the hell Marvin??? Grow some balls....
            Don't get me started with our defense... I will say it here, but not to his face, but Geno what the hell is your problem?? He was unblockable all preseason and hasn't really done shit so far. He wasn't double teamed yesterday either. Malaluga sucks, Dansby sucks period end of discussion...

Comment

Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
              The team was not only ill-prepared but quite unemotional. That part is far more troubling, we have been used to ill prepared with ML at the helm. The entire defense lacked the will so to speak so they got beaten like a red headed step child.
              I agree, I said it yesterday after the 2nd touchdown by Dallas. Very uninspiring play. Dalton and Green were the only players out of 53 yesterday that showed any kind of fire and after awhile AJ looked like he just wanted to go home. The offensive linemen, just pathetic. Coaches should be shown the door now....... I agree SC, blow the whole damn thing up now.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Cat View Post
                Goodbye Marvin, Peko, M Johnson, Zampese, Alexander, Haslett, Hayes, Lazor, Urban, Caskey, Winston, Maualuga, Nugent, Jones and Dansby.
                Getting rid of all those players and coaches we should still be able to compete next year as we take one year to rebuild.
                Each one of these players and coaches are worst than last year. Our LB'ers, running backs, Wide Receivers and Oline. To point out the main problems.

We need a reset badly. I will forgive all if we beat up on New England. But we know that won't happen. Rebounding shows the team is pissed and has the character to win this season. A close game win against New England means nothing. But a butt whipping gives me a new outlook that we have a championship team that just had a bad game.
                You forgot to list Coyle SC. There is a reason Miami fired his ass......

Comment

I have always said, when you are a professional athlete you don't need coaches to rah rah you. I'm tempering that sentiment after watching Marvin just stand there with his thumb up his ass.. WE don't always see what happens on the sidelines, but I sure hope someone is getting in someone's ass for yesterday's debacle. I could excuse 1 bad game, but so far this season OL, entire defense has played like crap.... Next Sunday I am not going to be no where near a TV.

Comment

Stephen A. Smith says Marvin Lewis should be fired. Start watching around the 2 minute mark.

Comment

I wish it was just as simple as firing Marvin Lewis and bringing in a better guy, because that's a simple fix, as unlikely as it is to happen. My great burning fear, however, is that this team just isn't very good, from top to bottom. There's no quick fix for that.

It's coaching.

I remember Zimmer's first or second year. The defense was decimated with injuries. Didn't matter. Next man up. The "team defense" played lights out, no matter who showed up in the line up.

Winning teams are well-coached. They seem to continue winning even when hit with the injury bug.

The Bengals (pre Zimmer) had plenty of years with good talent - but sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by sandwedge View Post
                        You forgot to list Coyle SC. There is a reason Miami fired his ass......
                        I thought about Coyle and Livingston. But I don't see DB's as that big of a problem when the front seven can't pressure the QB. Coyle was fired as a DC not a DB coach. Coyle is the guy that got our DB's playing good when he was here.

Comment

Originally posted by LimaBengal View Post
                          It's coaching.

I remember Zimmer's first or second year. The defense was decimated with injuries. Didn't matter. Next man up. The "team defense" played lights out, no matter who showed up in the line up.

Winning teams are well-coached. They seem to continue winning even when hit with the injury bug.

The Bengals (pre Zimmer) had plenty of years with good talent - but sucked.
                          Agree. Good coaching can make up for bad talent.

Comment

I also forgot to mention in my mini rant that Dalton's record in the state of Texas is abysmal. Maybe home cooking doesn't agree with him.
                            "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Comment

Lol @ actually listening to ANYTHING Stephen A. Smith says. Annotating mortgage payoffs contains six times the usable information, and is 7 times more interesting.
                              "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post
                                Lol @ actually listening to ANYTHING Stephen A. Smith says. Annotating mortgage payoffs contains six times the usable information, and is 7 times more interesting.
                                I'd rather read the dictionary than listen or look at Stephen Asshole Smith.
                                "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

"You're either incredibly prepared, or incredibly physically talented."

Comment

Working...
                                X