Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bring on AJ McCarron !!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post
    Not bitter at all...what an odd question. I said a long time ago, I was done with the NFL after last January--that hasn't changed. This league is a concocted farce...and I gave up taking it seriously. Now I just make fun of it, and take what little entertainment value there is in it for what it is: entertainment.

    I do appreciate the skills of the participants in this goofy sport though. So when I read stuff such as this thread, I do lol...as it is not based in logic. Or with others, the non-stop '90's era wailing with equal parts non-stop bellyaching, I laugh even more. But to each their own.

    It's OK though. I don't own a dog. And Rey already has a wife. Mine doesn't drink either.

    Thanks for asking though. Carry on.
    I think more this thread is based on the notion that is carried on by many sports, that when a team is in a funk, making a drastic change can bring about some new desire. I just watched a special about Reggie Jackson the other day, where Billy Martin benched Reggie Jackson for game 7 of the ALCS... and the rest is history. It actually happens more often than you realize. I just think people are looking for answers... for ways to get this team to show some desire to win, some emotions other than frustration and making dumb penalties and missed kicks.

    Comment


    • #17
      Like when Schonert replacing Anderson for a game and Anderson came back almost flawless. Or when I believe it was Turk who replaced Esiason for a couple plays after being pulled from the game and Esiason came back in with a chip on his shoulder. Sometimes things are done to wake other players up

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Super Cat View Post
        Like when Schonert replacing Anderson for a game and Anderson came back almost flawless. Or when I believe it was Turk who replaced Esiason for a couple plays after being pulled from the game and Esiason came back in with a chip on his shoulder. Sometimes things are done to wake other players up
        does andy need to be woke up? i dont think he's the problem, the OL and the Defense need to be woke up. like with winston platooning, this is never done (remember Mathis the pro bowl guard Alexander sat as much as he could even when he clearly outplayed whoever the LG was) thats shows how bad obegumby has played.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Stryker57 View Post
          does andy need to be woke up? i dont think he's the problem, the OL and the Defense need to be woke up. like with winston platooning, this is never done (remember Mathis the pro bowl guard Alexander sat as much as he could even when he clearly outplayed whoever the LG was) thats shows how bad obegumby has played.
          Maybe. Andy has been in the league several years now with worse Olines than this years and done much better getting rid of ball. But I was just giving an example. It could be pulling Bodine, Zeitler, Whitworth or Boling.
          Basically letting them know. You don't play better. You are getting replaced.

          Comment


          • #20
            Can we pull the coaching staff to wake them up. I feel that is the biggest problem with this team. The coaches suck!

            Comment


            • #21
              Maybe this will help the defense??

              http://www.bengals.com/news/article-...6-895c4c3fc4a7

              Gilberry coming back?
              "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

              "The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
                I think more this thread is based on the notion that is carried on by many sports, that when a team is in a funk, making a drastic change can bring about some new desire. I just watched a special about Reggie Jackson the other day, where Billy Martin benched Reggie Jackson for game 7 of the ALCS... and the rest is history. It actually happens more often than you realize. I just think people are looking for answers... for ways to get this team to show some desire to win, some emotions other than frustration and making dumb penalties and missed kicks.
                That's pretty much exactly it...this team seems to be going through the motions, rudderless at sea, playing without heart, or any other corn-ball expression you can come up with and needs a jolt of adrenaline, a kick in the ass, or......I got it, a QB change just for the sake of change! If this team plays the next 8 games the way it played the first 8, it'll end up something like 7-8-1, so what possible harm can it do to rock the boat and throw AJ McCarron into the game?

                Comment


                • #23
                  when the leader isnt the problem replacing the leader doesnt help. AJ will still have the same problems . lacking OL blocking and a defense that cant tackle. do you think AJs so much better then Dalton he can overcome the exact same problems? i see them as even at best. then the harm will be when/if Dalton comes back players will feel they have no security even if they do right they will get pulled, and when others screw up and get to stay in

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Stryker57 View Post
                    when the leader isnt the problem replacing the leader doesnt help. AJ will still have the same problems . lacking OL blocking and a defense that cant tackle. do you think AJs so much better then Dalton he can overcome the exact same problems? i see them as even at best. then the harm will be when/if Dalton comes back players will feel they have no security even if they do right they will get pulled, and when others screw up and get to stay in
                    No single player is to blame for the Bengals malaise, so the QB has to be the sacrificial lamb. Tons of NFL teams have done it in the past, just for the shock value, like defibrillator pads...sometimes it works, and then you've got this big "quarterback controversy" to deal with, but it sure beats a long, slow, death.

                    In the words of my hero, George Carlin "Take a fkn' chance!"

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post
                      Not bitter at all...what an odd question. I said a long time ago, I was done with the NFL after last January--that hasn't changed. This league is a concocted farce...and I gave up taking it seriously. Now I just make fun of it, and take what little entertainment value there is in it for what it is: entertainment.

                      I do appreciate the skills of the participants in this goofy sport though. So when I read stuff such as this thread, I do lol...as it is not based in logic. Or with others, the non-stop '90's era wailing with equal parts non-stop bellyaching, I laugh even more. But to each their own.
                      What a cowardly approach...you anoint yourself as somehow superior to it all, with your keen discernment as to what the NFL really is, laughing at anyone foolish enough to take their fandom seriously. Yet you linger around in the weeds watching, without risk, because you're above it all....so you sprinkle the board with "lols", because you're just so f'n hip and we're all chumps...and you need to feel that way, so that's why you keep coming back.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Everything starts at the top, MFB needs to retire, and Mediocre Marv needs to either be GM or let go. When I saw him and Guenther yelling at each other on sideline, reminded me of when Marv first got here. He never did that with Zim, Hue or Gruden from what I recall. Meaning,we are back to our good ole ways from promoting within and this has never worked out. For Andy lovers, you have to be honest with yourself, if it were not for AJ where would he be? Dude makes catches from his horrible throws, he continues to key on him all the time. Eifert was a big loss in the Red Zone for sure and I even called a play for him to throw it to him and it was a TD, but they have went away from him so right back to coaches or could it be good ole Marv making the calls because of proving he is the boss. Our defense is horrible ever since Zimmer left, bringing Johnson back was a waste of money and our rookies injuries hurt us. Peko and Rey are bums! Peko is blown off ball every play, and Rey still does not know what hole to hit. Yea, they all get lucky from time to time but they should be making way more plays. The defensive backs have taken a step backwards. Plus, all the idiotic penalties by the D, back to coaches once again. I do not think it would hurt or be a bad thing in a QB change. Notice we never talk about the CAP anymore. So how much are we under now where we could have signed our players? I thought that was MFB and Mediocre's Marv strategy? Well, that went out the window. I will wait for my LOL now.
                        "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

                        "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

                        Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          How about now?

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Maldez View Post
                            How about now?
                            Well...if McCarron came in and played well and the Bengals did their old Dead Cat Bounce, it would help raise McCarron's trade value in the offseason!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
                              Well...if McCarron came in and played well and the Bengals did their old Dead Cat Bounce, it would help raise McCarron's trade value in the offseason!
                              So there's that.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Dalton will never be benched.

                                AJ will only play when Dalton gets hurt.....period.

                                Andy is paid waaay to much to sit. The Browns never admit mistakes.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X