Bring on AJ McCarron !!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AussieBengal View Post
    Alex Mack is doing a great job in Atlanta. Their running game has greatly improved and look at the effect it's had on their passing game. Matt Ryan's looking pretty good right now.
    While Mack (and LeVitre, Matthews and Schraeder) could be given credit for a great percentage of their improvement, I have to wonder how much Kyle Shanahan should get credit for it. He would probably be worth offering the Head Coaching job to the Bengals. Not that he'd be interested as the dysfunction around here is well known. Hue went to Cleveland, so any HC-ing chance must be worth it.
    "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

"You're either incredibly prepared, or incredibly physically talented."

Comment

Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
      Well...if McCarron came in and played well and the Bengals did their old Dead Cat Bounce, it would help raise McCarron's trade value in the offseason!
      if that happened there will be no changes. cause soP would start the : "only through MLs leadership were back on the right path, i'd better give him a lifetime extension"

Comment

Originally posted by LimaBengal View Post
        Dalton will never be benched.

AJ will only play when Dalton gets hurt.....period.

Andy is paid waaay to much to sit. The Browns never admit mistakes.
        Another serious question: why is he "a mistake"...other than the rote "playoff games" stuff. And, if AJ is "the answer", on what exactly is this based?

No more lol's. I only post real questions and answers now.
        "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post
          Another serious question: why is he "a mistake"...other than the rote "playoff games" stuff. And, if AJ is "the answer", on what exactly is this based?

I wouldn't bench Dalton. Saying "The Brown's never admit mistakes" was a general observation as to why they would never bench their QB with a top-tier contract.

Dalton is not the cause of their ills. I've always said that it is more systemic than "this player or that player."

Comment

I wouldn't bench Dalton. Saying "The Brown's never admit mistakes" was a general observation as to why they would never bench their QB with a top-tier contract.

Dalton is not the cause of their ills. I've always said that it is more systemic than "this player or that player."
            Agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post

AJ's not necessarily "the answer", he's just a high-energy guy who has a chance to shake things up on a team that seems to be stuck in neutral....it needs a spark, a jump-start, some CPR, pick your cliche, a SOMETHING, if only for the illusion of a remedy being administered. The Bengal's season is over so why not take another look at what AJ McCarron can do if given the job over the final 5 games of the season. Who knows, maybe AJ McCarron IS the answer!

Comment

Originally posted by Maldez View Post
                AJ's not necessarily "the answer", he's just a high-energy guy who has a chance to shake things up on a team that seems to be stuck in neutral....it needs a spark, a jump-start, some CPR, pick your cliche, a SOMETHING, if only for the illusion of a remedy being administered. The Bengal's season is over so why not take another look at what AJ McCarron can do if given the job over the final 5 games of the season. Who knows, maybe AJ McCarron IS the answer!
                Well Cincinnati is going to have to make a decision on McCarron. trade him, let him ride the bench behind Dalton and leave to another team, or sign him to a huge contract to be a back up. If they want to trade him and get the most out of him, they will need to showcase his talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
                  Well Cincinnati is going to have to make a decision on McCarron. trade him, let him ride the bench behind Dalton and leave to another team, or sign him to a huge contract to be a back up. If they want to trade him and get the most out of him, they will need to showcase his talent.
                  Except Mikey always 'waits' on these situations lacking the desire or impetus to make a decision.So I suspect we will wait then lose him. We will get a comp pick but that's it
                  Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

Excellent answer. And quite logical.
                    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

Who are you and what have you done to Lima?
                      Only users lose drugs

Comment

Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
                        Except Mikey always 'waits' on these situations lacking the desire or impetus to make a decision.So I suspect we will wait then lose him. We will get a comp pick but that's it

Exactly. Dried in the wool.

Comment

So the rumor is that Minny offered a number 1 for him - not sure it was ever confirmed. If it was that was an unusual situation that probably will not present itself again.

Unless, someone does offer a #1, you need a reliable backup - which is what Mac is. I think keeping him as a backup for insurance and taking a #3 comp pick is just as valuable as a #2.

Comment

Originally posted by NCStripes View Post
                            So the rumor is that Minny offered a number 1 for him - not sure it was ever confirmed. If it was that was an unusual situation that probably will not present itself again.

Unless, someone does offer a #1, you need a reliable backup - which is what Mac is. I think keeping him as a backup for insurance and taking a #3 comp pick is just as valuable as a #2.
                            I would agree with that except given we know (and the team should know) that Dalton has limitations and I would want to know if AJ can be better than Dalton - not saying he would be or would be great/elite, just saying I would want to find out if he would be an upgrade. If No, then you use him as a backup and let some team overpay him and get the comp pick. If Yes, then some decisions should be made.

Comment

.... Dalton has limitations and I would want to know if AJ can be better than Dalton - not saying he would be or would be great/elite, just saying I would want to find out if he would be an upgrade. If No, then you use him as a backup and let some team overpay him and get the comp pick. If Yes, then some decisions should be made.
                              There you have it. This is the perfect time and setting to learn more about AJ McCarron. Why waste it?

Comment

Originally posted by Maldez View Post
                                There you have it. This is the perfect time and setting to learn more about AJ McCarron. Why waste it?
                                We would say why waste it but ML would say "we cannot take the chance"

Comment

Working...
                                X