Bring on AJ McCarron !!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bring on AJ McCarron !!

This season's already a lost cause, so you might as well shake things up by putting a high-energy guy like AJ McCarron on the field. Dalton's act has taken us nowhere this year, so what's to lose? Besides, he needs to be punished for his devastating fumble and other glaring mistakes like missing AJ Green on a crucial 3rd down late in the 4th Qtr, and taking all his sacks, like normal.

But benching Dalton is far too extreme a move for the ultra-conservative Bengals, so the best we can hope for is he gets hurt. Come on, breathe some life into this funeral march....the team's dying!

Dalton didn't have the best of days but come on. The defense is the issue with this team right now.
    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Comment

Originally posted by shebengal View Post
      Dalton didn't have the best of days but come on. The defense is the issue with this team right now.

You are correct. If the playoffs last year didn't teach our genius management that, nothing will. They let the D slip this past off season instead of building on it. Bringing Maualuga back and not inking Nelson was a disaster. they also could have went after Cleveland's center, but didn't.

As for Andy, he's only as good as the great players around him. Instead of the other way around.

Comment

In Dalton's defense (and I rarely do this) the OL has been bad this year and he was missing two of his three main threats from last year - Eifert and Jones.
        Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

Originally posted by LimaBengal View Post
          They also could have went after Cleveland's center, but didn't.
          Alex Mack is doing a great job in Atlanta. Their running game has greatly improved and look at the effect it's had on their passing game. Matt Ryan's looking pretty good right now.
          It's an "Eeem-you" and not an "Eee-moo" and koalas are not related to bears.

Comment

Lol @ this thread.
            "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post
              Lol @ this thread.
              I had to look to see if this thread was from 2014 or something. While Dalton has had a couple not so great days (yesterday being one), he has played pretty well overall this season. He's only thrown 3 INTs through 8 games (granted, he had a couple dropped passes yesterday that should have been picked). He's completing 67% of his passes (6th in the league). He's third in yards per attempt at 8.16. He's fifth in yards/game with 294. He only has 9 passing touchdowns to this point, which needs to improve the second half of the season. Given how bad the offensive line has been (mostly Bodine and Ogbuehi) and that he's been sacked second most times in the league, I'd say he's playing pretty well.

If in 2014 someone said that in 2016 Dalton would be on pace for 18 TDs, 6 INTs, and 4600 yards, we'd all gladly take it. Outside of a couple not so great days (I wouldn't even necessarily call them "Bad Andy" days), Dalton has not been the problem with the offense. The offense has often killed drives with boneheaded penalties and sacks. Sometimes those sacks are Dalton's fault, but often they aren't. The Bengals are still in the playoff hunt. The sky is not falling. Some changes need to be made in the offseason (particularly with the coaching staff), but Dalton is not one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by TD Bengals View Post
                I had to look to see if this thread was from 2014 or something. While Dalton has had a couple not so great days (yesterday being one), he has played pretty well overall this season. He's only thrown 3 INTs through 8 games (granted, he had a couple dropped passes yesterday that should have been picked). He's completing 67% of his passes (6th in the league). He's third in yards per attempt at 8.16. He's fifth in yards/game with 294. He only has 9 passing touchdowns to this point, which needs to improve the second half of the season. Given how bad the offensive line has been (mostly Bodine and Ogbuehi) and that he's been sacked second most times in the league, I'd say he's playing pretty well.

If in 2014 someone said that in 2016 Dalton would be on pace for 18 TDs, 6 INTs, and 4600 yards, we'd all gladly take it. Outside of a couple not so great days (I wouldn't even necessarily call them "Bad Andy" days), Dalton has not been the problem with the offense. The offense has often killed drives with boneheaded penalties and sacks. Sometimes those sacks are Dalton's fault, but often they aren't. The Bengals are still in the playoff hunt. The sky is not falling. Some changes need to be made in the offseason (particularly with the coaching staff), but Dalton is not one of them.
                All true, but when a ship is sinking, and the good ship Bengali has been taking on water all season long, panic sets in...SOMETHING has to change, and the quickest, biggest impact change you can make is the QB. You can't bench the whole defense, can you?

And besides, sitting Dalton down for McCarron would never, ever happen, but it felt so good to post.

Comment

I told you we should have traded him.

Remind me again of the downside? Oh yea, if Dalton gets hurt we won't have a backup capable of keeping us in the playoffs hunt.

To quote master debater Donald Trump: "WRONG" !

Opportunity lost.

But hey, what would we do with additional talent anyway? This team is so stacked, If we had a draft of 7 first round picks, we'd still have to cut half of them and put the rest on the practice squad.
                  ///M
                  The most powerful letter in the alphabet

Comment

Originally posted by Maldez View Post
                    This season's already a lost cause, so you might as well shake things up by putting a high-energy guy like AJ McCarron on the field. Dalton's act has taken us nowhere this year, so what's to lose? Besides, he needs to be punished for his devastating fumble and other glaring mistakes like missing AJ Green on a crucial 3rd down late in the 4th Qtr, and taking all his sacks, like normal.

But benching Dalton is far too extreme a move for the ultra-conservative Bengals, so the best we can hope for is he gets hurt. Come on, breathe some life into this funeral march....the team's dying!
                    Dalton didn't have his best game but McCarron wouldn't have done any better. Our problem is mostly coaching.

Lol @ this thread.
                    You can laugh at the thread or any thread it doesn't matter. This forum is about conversations. Stuff we like to talk about and stuff we don't. As you can see. It got fans talking.

Comment

A thread can be "discussed" regarding the historical perspectives of Alice in Wonderland. Fantasy still does not replace reality. Except for here, it seems.
                      "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

A thread can be "discussed" regarding the historical perspectives of Alice in Wonderland. Fantasy still does not replace reality. Except for here, it seems.
                        No. This is a Bengals forum.
                        Now the shoe size of Bengals players would be accepted.

Comment

It appears allegory is not in this forum either.

Comment

It appears allegory is not in this forum either.
                            Why are you so bitter anymore? I mean why do you go out of your way to start game day threads... in which you fill them with sarcastic comments? And when you do post in most threads it is just to tell people their posts are dumb. You have seriously changed, it's like Mike Brown ran over your dog with his Lumina or Rey Maualuga picked up your wife at the bar.

Comment

Not bitter at all...what an odd question. I said a long time ago, I was done with the NFL after last January--that hasn't changed. This league is a concocted farce...and I gave up taking it seriously. Now I just make fun of it, and take what little entertainment value there is in it for what it is: entertainment.

I do appreciate the skills of the participants in this goofy sport though. So when I read stuff such as this thread, I do lol...as it is not based in logic. Or with others, the non-stop '90's era wailing with equal parts non-stop bellyaching, I laugh even more. But to each their own.

It's OK though. I don't own a dog. And Rey already has a wife. Mine doesn't drink either.

Thanks for asking though. Carry on.

Comment

Working...
                              X