Marvin Lewis, the Idiot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlazerBenner View Post
    Lewdog has a very great point here. If you can't contribute to a thread, why troll it?
    Read the other usual bellyache posts, and then tell me why it shouldn't be trolled.

Contribute? When the only response contains simply "BUTZ TEH PLAYOFFZZ WINZ!1!" what in the hell can one "contribute?"
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post
      Lew:When did you have respect for anyone...but besides that, who stood up for you (and still does) at go-bengals?

And I do lol @ goofy, ranting, threads...which themes are based in nonsense. These are also the ones which draw the historic bellyaching, unfunny (lol), harpies I have dealt with for decades. Tiresome would be too positive a description. But, it's OK, bellyachers gonna bellyache. I just lol.

Post what you like, Lew...that is why you are here and not at go-bengals. I promise not to publicly laugh anymore. An occasional gif maybe, but no lol. Copy?
      Why am I not at Go-Bengals anymore? Because I was never part of the clique there for one. The second part had to do with the fact that idiot there disrespected people who have lost their lives in the military and that's something I will never just let slide.

Have you defended me there? Maybe you did behind the scenes... still today? I haven't been there in years and they still talk about me now? Maybe it sounds like they have more issues than they thought I had. lol

If this thread is based on non-sense, tell us why. What's the point of promoting a guy to be your DC if you are going to cut him off at the knees and not allow him to run his defense and try to improve it?

Funny that all of a sudden Maualuga has been scratched for the Monday night game with comflicting reports about an injury/non-injury issue. Sounds to me like he was demoted and he didn't like it.
      Last edited by Lewdog; 11-11-2016, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
        http://www.bengals.com/news/article-...8-13e62326794e

This article notes Dennard and Vigil as guys Guenther wants to get in the game. Also mentioned how Rey M sucked last game and not due to any injury. Also notes Gilberry brought in as MJ, Hunt and Clarke not playing up to expectations.

Lewis is truly an idiot for letting his coaches make some changes.
        Rey has a injury to the fibia reported on radio tonight. How serious no one knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Cat View Post
          Rey has a injury to the fibia reported on radio tonight. How serious no one knows.
          He was reported as out for the game by the enquirer, and their reporter, based on the "smirk" he got from Dennard when Dennard gave a pat answer to why a 1st Rdr never gets any snaps (and on a Defense with at least one side of which is continually horrible at coverage) that Dennard is going to get a huge uptick in snaps on Monday.

If anyone wants to see how the CB position is supposed to be played, and a reminder of how the SS position is supposed to be played, watch the Giants' Corners. They are ranked #'s 2 & 3 in the NFL (Fitzpatrick is annually ranked about 62nd) by PFF, while Landon Collins, my choice and available when we took Ogbutthole, is the NFL's best SS. This will be the best Defense we've faced since the Broncos.

I don't know if I said it here, but I said it in the Summer that one of the important keys to this season would be the advancement of either Shaw or Dennard that forces Fitzpatrick to the bench. Others were the advancement of Wright pushing LaFell to the bench, more snaps for Sims and Rookie DT that pushes Peko to the bench, and our advancements of Linebackers that push Maualuga to the bench. But, pushing Veterans to the bench is as difficult to do as pushing Marvin off the Bengals' Football Club. The inbred diseases that permeate the atmosphere of Bengals' management continues to reek it's foul aroma throughout the farthest reaches of the franchise.
          Last edited by BlazerBenner; 11-11-2016, 03:01 AM.
          "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

"You're either incredibly prepared, or incredibly physically talented."

Comment

Read the other usual bellyache posts, and then tell me why it shouldn't be trolled.

Contribute? When the only response contains simply "BUTZ TEH PLAYOFFZZ WINZ!1!" what in the hell can one "contribute?"
            But many of the people agreeing with the premise of this thread aren't traditional fed ups. Your bellyaching about bellyachers would be better received if this team was anywhere close to being on the right track. It isn't and its readily apparent...
            Dona eis Requiem

Comment

Oh and st least the gifs had entertainment value. Lol ing every other thread is tedious at best.
              Dona eis Requiem

Comment

I would not normally attempt to get in between two feuding factors, but I just need to explain why I rah-rahed Lew's post here.

I truly believe that members of the Bengals team and organization visit this particular website. Do they just want a laugh or two? Do they want to know what their fans are currently thinking? Hell, I don't know.

Want some proof? Several years ago, it was this site that illustrated Marvin's propensity for "clapping" after every bonehead thing his team did. It has become his handle here. But, have you noticed that Mah-velous has discontinued this particular trait? He now stands with his arms crossed, with his hands flat on his sides, as if he is desperately trying to stop his clapping habits. This isn't the only time that something posted and discussed here has made it's way into Bengaldom.

There are many knowledgeable, and insightful posters on this board. They're here because they CARE. They're entitled to vent if they feel the need. They spend their time and money on this organization. That, my friends, is an investment, and people get very passionate about their investments. Let's not cannibalize each other over the depths or manner of our passion. Cool?

Comment

OK, Lew: want some "contribution"?

If Paulie is being "cut off at the knees", as you insist...why is Gilberry here? Why are they probably going to activate WJIII very soon? Are these not a few of the "changes" Paulie is contemplating?

And if you truly understand the recent years (yes, even under the God-man) modus of this defense, then you also understand that it is a rotation-based defense. There are no technical "starters"--every position rotates. So, if Peko plays, it is situational...if Dansby plays, ditto. BFD if now it is Vigil being inserted into the rotation--do you honestly believe ML give a rat's ass how the rotation is comprised--so long as it works?

I keep bringing up--much to the ignorance of the Bellyache Gang--that this is essentially the same group of defensive players and coaches that were a point or two off from being the hardest team in the NFL to score against...just 11 months ago. Is there anything "insane" about using the same players who happened to be a part of that group? Think a respected (among those who really know the game, and not internet experts) long-standing NFL head coach--one who has his own SB ring in commanding a defense--doesn't know the difference between situational rotating of players and "wholesale changes"?

Whatever, I suppose. This is like pissing in the wind with some people here.
                  "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

OK, Lew: want some "contribution"?

If Paulie is being "cut off at the knees", as you insist...why is Gilberry here? Why are they probably going to activate WJIII very soon? Are these not a few of the "changes" Paulie is contemplating?

And if you truly understand the recent years (yes, even under the God-man) modus of this defense, then you also understand that it is a rotation-based defense. There are no technical "starters"--every position rotates. So, if Peko plays, it is situational...if Dansby plays, ditto. BFD if now it is Vigil being inserted into the rotation--do you honestly believe ML give a rat's ass how the rotation is comprised--so long as it works?

I keep bringing up--much to the ignorance of the Bellyache Gang--that this is essentially the same group of defensive players and coaches that were a point or two off from being the hardest team in the NFL to score against...just 11 months ago. Is there anything "insane" about using the same players who happened to be a part of that group? Think a respected (among those who really know the game, and not internet experts) long-standing NFL head coach--one who has his own SB ring in commanding a defense--doesn't know the difference between situational rotating of players and "wholesale changes"?

Whatever, I suppose. This is like pissing in the wind with some people here.
                    Bringing back Gilberry is a sign of change? I like Gilberry but he is old, and the other 31 teams in the NFL didn't want him. WJIII? That's not change, he was already drafted, and just because he comes back doesn't mean he'll be active on gameday or play that much. So who do they cut to bring back WJIII? Driskel? Russell? DeShawn Williams?

You bring up the point this is the same group that did so well last year... and you're right as far as it is the same names, but these are not the same players. Age has caught up to some of these guys, they aren't spring chickens. Maualuga is NOT as good as he was last year. This isn't about rotation, that's already been happening, except at the beginning of the year before Burfict came back and Dansby was playing almost every snap. Shawn Williams is not playing as good as Reggie Nelson played last year, hell the team leader in interceptions is a tie, at ONE. ONE interception leads the team after 8 weeks. Not to mention this team isn't playing disciplined, or with any heart. Hell, even Jeremy Hill came out and said they need to get their heads out of their asses.

Lewis did cut Guenther off at the knees, and not only that he committed the cardinal sin of making him look like an idiot in the media. If Guenther has any balls he would leave the Bengals as soon as he contract is up. It's just like when I worked in the prison, even if another officer says something wrong in front of an inmate, you don't correct the officer in front of the inmate and undermine his authority. You do that in private. What makes this situation even worse, is Guenther isn't wrong to want to make changes.

Comment

Salient points...added conjecture notwithstanding.

11 months does not suddenly make someone "old"...not even in dog years. And for all of the Reggie worship, and all of those INT's, how many people--you too IIRC--were screaming "get young" in the backfield? I never thought Shawn Williams was worth the shot and powder to blow him down the street...but evidently those other departed God-men coaches thought quite a bit of him...so what the hell do I know?

And why do media optics make such a huge difference to you? Key word: optics. If this past week hasn't proven that media optics are predictably false, why in the world would they be any more based in reality in this case?

Comment

Salient points...added conjecture notwithstanding.

11 months does not suddenly make someone "old"...not even in dog years. And for all of the Reggie worship, and all of those INT's, how many people--you too IIRC--were screaming "get young" in the backfield? I never thought Shawn Williams was worth the shot and powder to blow him down the street...but evidently those other departed God-men coaches thought quite a bit of him...so what the hell do I know?

And why do media optics make such a huge difference to you? Key word: optics. If this past week hasn't proven that media optics are predictably false, why in the world would they be any more based in reality in this case?
                        I've never, I mean never had any confidence in Shawn Williams. Even when he played mostly special teams, he was destined to get a dumb penalty every few games, and his celebration of common tackles drives me nuts. I'd be starting Derron Smith. If you go back to when Smith was drafted, I actually mocked him to the Bengals.

11 months doesn't make a difference? It happens all the time, players don't always gradually drop off in play, sometimes they hit a cliff. That's happened with Peko, it's happening with Adam Jones, it's happening with Maualuga... MJ? I'm not sure what his deal is, but he has not played the same since he left for Tampa.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
                          Bringing back Gilberry is a sign of change? I like Gilberry but he is old, and the other 31 teams in the NFL didn't want him. WJIII? That's not change, he was already drafted, and just because he comes back doesn't mean he'll be active on gameday or play that much. So who do they cut to bring back WJIII? Driskel? Russell? DeShawn Williams?
                          If WJIII is brought back from IR, he will play. I guarantee you that. He likely won't start initially, but he will see playing time and it will increase as the season goes on if he plays well (which I think he will).

Comment

Originally posted by TD Bengals View Post
                            If WJIII is brought back from IR, he will play. I guarantee you that. He likely won't start initially, but he will see playing time and it will increase as the season goes on if he plays well (which I think he will).
                            Sounds like wishful thinking to me.

He has zero NFL reps and very limited practice.

I understand we need an upgrade on D but ...

Comment

i think they should have puped Effert then they could have kept peerman on roster and now activate wj3 if he can play.

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker57 View Post
                                i think they should have puped Effert then they could have kept peerman on roster and now activate wj3 if he can play.
                                Instead they are going to bring Brandon Thompson off PuP. You don't like the idea of less Peko?

Comment

Working...
                                X