Bengals vs New Jersey Game Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NCStripes View Post
    The team sucks when they lost by one point and you agree there was possibly 10 points (actually 11) that bad call effected?

OK
    The Refs sucked, meaning, it goes both ways.
    "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
      It just makes me so mad... Eifert gets a huge play, and then Zampese forgets he exists and instead decides to use him to pull backside to pass block JPP. That was the dumbest thing I think I saw in the game. F ucking retarded. Even Gruden couldn't understand it.
      I agree
      "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

Comment

• The entire coaching staff needs replaced.

Comment

• This is the main reason I've defended Dalton so much. Coaching. Name a QB that you'd rather have than Dalton and then look at his HC and/or OC. Many people say "Imagine how good they'd be with a real QB!" while I say "Imagine how bad it would be if the QB wasn't smarter than the coaching staff since he was a rookie coming out of college" I watch Cincy's DBs mostly getting beat by crossing patterns and slants when playing man coverage(they SUCK playing zone). The Bengals WRs just run to their spot and wait. The o-line can't run block but they make up for it by being poor pass blockers also.
          Only users lose drugs

Comment

• Originally posted by Pre_hungover View Post
            This is the main reason I've defended Dalton so much. Coaching. Name a QB that you'd rather have than Dalton and then look at his HC and/or OC. Many people say "Imagine how good they'd be with a real QB!" while I say "Imagine how bad it would be if the QB wasn't smarter than the coaching staff since he was a rookie coming out of college" I watch Cincy's DBs mostly getting beat by crossing patterns and slants when playing man coverage(they SUCK playing zone). The Bengals WRs just run to their spot and wait. The o-line can't run block but they make up for it by being poor pass blockers also.
            Oh, I agree. Would love to see Dalton under a different HC.
            "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

"You're either incredibly prepared, or incredibly physically talented."

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerJ@w View Post
              The Refs sucked, meaning, it goes both ways.
              Great, can you point out where it cost the Gmen points?

Comment

• Any referee in any sport should not receive the blame for any loss of game...... in general....

You have to make your own luck, you have to be well prepared and win the game on your own merits.

This years, the Bengals suk. If we were better, we would have had larger leading margins where the refs calls would not make a difference.

We need new coaching staff, I'm not a Dalton fan but there are worse starting QB's in the NFL.
                Cheers for beers!

Comment

• Originally posted by Spotto View Post
                  Any referee in any sport should not receive the blame for any loss of game...... in general....

You have to make your own luck, you have to be well prepared and win the game on your own merits.

This years, the Bengals suk. If we were better, we would have had larger leading margins where the refs calls would not make a difference.

We need new coaching staff, I'm not a Dalton fan but there are worse starting QB's in the NFL.
                  Regardless of all that happened in the game, we had the ball with a few minutes left and the OL got bowled over what 3 times in a row like they were rag dolls. And Whit says after that they need to the bounces to go their way. Well the whole OL got bounced on that last series. Then the D could not stop the Giants. The game came down to that and our guys failed and their guys did not. Simple.
                  Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spotto View Post
                    Any referee in any sport should not receive the blame for any loss of game...... in general....

Regardless of all that happened in the game, we had the ball with a few minutes left and the OL got bowled over what 3 times in a row like they were rag dolls. And Whit says after that they need to the bounces to go their way. Well the whole OL got bounced on that last series. Then the D could not stop the Giants. The game came down to that and our guys failed and their guys did not. Simple.
                    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCStripes View Post
                      Ok, I am a homer and the score is what it is.

The Bengals scored a TD that was ruled an incomplete pass - should have been challenged but the league has to get this correct, college does.

On the Giants TD - on 4th down - the center clearly had 2 hands full of Geno's jersey an no call.

Definitely was an incomplete pass. No doubter. Should have been caught.

Comment

• It was caught...in a real football game, and not this Putt-Putt/Sink-it-through-the-windmill farce of a sport.
                        "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

• Originally posted by LimaBengal View Post
                          Definitely was an incomplete pass. No doubter. Should have been caught.
                          OK, can you explain the rule to me?

He caught the ball and took two steps in bounds ( maybe you dispute that). Crossed the end line with possession of the ball, (dispute that?). Then lost the ball when he hit the ground.

What is the rule? does he have to take 3 steps or 30? What if he caught it at the 25 yard line and was tackled as he crossed the end line and fumbled? Is that incomplete.

Comment

• Really, is that why the NBA ref (forgot his name) went to jail?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
                              Oh for Christ sakes... they KNOW they are going to run the ball and can't stop them.
                              Not only that, coming into the game they were dead last in the NFL in running the ball at 68 yards per game. Against us they rolled up 122 yards. You have a sad running game, play us and it will be cured.

There is not a coach on this staff with any fire or intensity and it shows. And so much for the threat of replacing any of the defensive players. If I were Guenther, I would be really pissed that Marvin cut him off at the knees from making any changes.

The only bright spot (for once) was special teams.
                              "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Comment

Working...
                              X