No announcement yet.

Bengals Vs Bills

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW, your argument regarding Dalton not having a rifle arm holds very little validity. Between 2008-2016, the highest throwing velocity was 60. Dalton's combine velocity score was 56.
    http://blogs.ourlads.com/2016/03/02/...ine-2008-2015/

Comment

Originally posted by BengalCP9 View Post
      Name the QBs.
      Not going to play that game. You seem to want o blame everyone BUT Dalton. We lose one player and the game is over? Not much of a team.

They had up to 10 guys in the box, because they didn't fear our passing game...even with their weak secondary.

That is why we couldn't run the ball.

WITH Green we could lose Andy and still win a game. But I think there are many QBs who could complete a pass with our receiving roster minus AJ.

Comment

BTW, your argument regarding Dalton not having a rifle arm holds very little validity. Between 2008-2016, the highest throwing velocity was 60. Dalton's combine velocity score was 56.
        http://blogs.ourlads.com/2016/03/02/...ine-2008-2015/
        My eyes tell me different. He's a floater.

Maybe he could throw it faster, but he doesn't.

Comment

I like how people can see valid measured variables, then use confirmation bias and cognitive dissonance to explain an unmeasured observation.

Comment

I like how people can see valid measured variables, then use confirmation bias and cognitive dissonance to explain an unmeasured observation.

How can I put this....

I've seen CBs and LBs with world class combine speed look slow under real game conditions.

If Dalton throws 56 and the best in the world is 60, then there must be a helluva difference between 56 and 60. lol

Comment

Part of the issue with Dalton is accuracy. QB's like Wilson and Brady are extremely accurate and find that one spot a receiver can get it even when covered. Dalton is no where near that - even today he threw it behind and around receivers. Green is such a beast he grabs anything in his range. Other WR's do not have that ability so the ball has to be more pinpoint for them. Dalton to me has played well this year for the most part, the OL has been horrible and they really miss Marvin Jones or someone like that.

But I have said many times before that we would never win a SB with Dalton, he could never play 3 solid games in a row to pull that off in the playoffs. Combine that with ML's useless playoff record and it spells trouble. Right now the team is very lethargic, this season is done. I had advocated drafting a QB like Carr in the past, I think it was a mistake to NOT do that. Spilt milk for now, play out the season and see if the team has balls enough to can ML or move him into administration.
              Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

Nugent missed two extra points. All you can do is laugh at this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
                  Nugent missed two extra points. All you can do is laugh at this season.
                  Up to the 4:00 clock games today there were 9 missed extra points league wide this week and I saw another one blocked in the Seahawks-Eagles game.
                  "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Comment

That was a heck of an accurate throw to Boyd for the TD.
                    "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

"You're either incredibly prepared, or incredibly physically talented."

Comment

AJ Green probably out for the year... and now Gio has a torn ACL. So he is a free agent next year and now will be recovering from a torn ACL. Can this get any worse?

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerBenner View Post
                        That was a heck of an accurate throw to Boyd for the TD.
                        Finally, a voice of reason.

In my opinion, Dalton's quick release has hidden a sucky offensive line. League personnel have said that Dalton will pick you apart if you give him time, he's been harassed all season long. Look at the number of sacks he's taken, which would be higher if he wasn't able to sneak away from the defensive line and run for his life.

Also, look at how crappy our running game is. Two second round pick running backs aren't really doing much. And now Gio, who we gave an extension to, is out with a torn ACL. Totally underutilized this season and reduced to being a blitz-pick up blocker in the passing game.

First two picks of the 2015 draft spent on the useless offensive line, Boling is hurt and obviously needs to sit. Bodine has always sucked. Zeitler is trying to assist Ogbuehi and make-up for his shortcomings. You've got to be kidding me. Zeitler will be gone at the end of the season asking for a ton of money, Whitworth is going to retire or balk at not getting paid $9 million.

I have such disdain for Ogbuehi. He had a year to get "NFL" strong. He can't handle the bull rush. He outweighs me by 120 lbs., and only reps 6 more reps on the 225 lbs. than me on the bench press and is way younger than me. Lame.

Comment

Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
                          Part of the issue with Dalton is accuracy. QB's like Wilson and Brady are extremely accurate and find that one spot a receiver can get it even when covered. Dalton is no where near that - even today he threw it behind and around receivers. Green is such a beast he grabs anything in his range. Other WR's do not have that ability so the ball has to be more pinpoint for them. Dalton to me has played well this year for the most part, the OL has been horrible and they really miss Marvin Jones or someone like that.

But I have said many times before that we would never win a SB with Dalton, he could never play 3 solid games in a row to pull that off in the playoffs. Combine that with ML's useless playoff record and it spells trouble. Right now the team is very lethargic, this season is done. I had advocated drafting a QB like Carr in the past, I think it was a mistake to NOT do that. Spilt milk for now, play out the season and see if the team has balls enough to can ML or move him into administration.

...and I argued that it was a mistake to not go aggressively after Marvin Jones. Most of the apologists argued that they should not spend big money on a "number 2" WR.

I can never understand why fans care more about Mike Brown's pocket book then they do championships.

Comment

The Bengals matched Detroit's offer for Marvin Jones. Jones wanted to go somewhere be a no.1 receiver.

Comment

Finally, a voice of reason.

In my opinion, Dalton's quick release has hidden a sucky offensive line. League personnel have said that Dalton will pick you apart if you give him time, he's been harassed all season long. Look at the number of sacks he's taken, which would be higher if he wasn't able to sneak away from the defensive line and run for his life.

Also, look at how crappy our running game is. Two second round pick running backs aren't really doing much. And now Gio, who we gave an extension to, is out with a torn ACL. Totally underutilized this season and reduced to being a blitz-pick up blocker in the passing game.

First two picks of the 2015 draft spent on the useless offensive line, Boling is hurt and obviously needs to sit. Bodine has always sucked. Zeitler is trying to assist Ogbuehi and make-up for his shortcomings. You've got to be kidding me. Zeitler will be gone at the end of the season asking for a ton of money, Whitworth is going to retire or balk at not getting paid $9 million.

I have such disdain for Ogbuehi. He had a year to get "NFL" strong. He can't handle the bull rush. He outweighs me by 120 lbs., and only reps 6 more reps on the 225 lbs. than me on the bench press and is way younger than me. Lame.
                              Did they give Gio an extension? Did I miss that?

Comment

The Bengals matched Detroit's offer for Marvin Jones. Jones wanted to go somewhere be a no.1 receiver.
                                Don't bother. He has an axe to grind and facts smacking him in the face isn't going to change his mind. He was saying how great Flacco is when the Ravens won the Super Bowl . . . they haven't made the playoffs since. Same, rocket armed QB . . . still needs a great defense to win.

Green goes down. In his world, this explains his stance on Green carrying Dalton. In reality, it just exposes what I've said for years. AJ Green and a bunch of #4 WRs. Why cover deep when no one can get open and no one can pass block for more than three seconds?

Aaron Rodgers has his top two WRs and the Packers still suck. How come that laser armed Super Bowl winner isn't crushing the league? Because a QB is only as good as his team and right now, the Packers and the Bengals are on the downswing.
                                Only users lose drugs

Comment

Working...
                                X