X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tibor75 View Post
    Vance Joseph

Could be another Mike Tomlin
    God, no. I can't stand Mike Tomlin and his shit-eating grin.
    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Comment

Did anyone really believe the Cowboys weren't going to be given Elliott's fumble at his 14 instead of Barr who recovered it?
      "The History of the National Football League proves that most games are won in the last two minutes of the first half or the second half." -- Vince Lombardi.

"You're either incredibly prepared, or incredibly physically talented."

Comment

So the God-man will now be 6-6. What is the word most commonly tossed about: mediocre?
        "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerBenner View Post
          Did anyone really believe the Cowboys weren't going to be given Elliott's fumble at his 14 instead of Barr who recovered it?
          That was BS. If it was a lost fumble and recovery, shouldn't it have been first down?

If Zimmer had been on the sideline for that, I think he would have gone berserk.
          "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Comment

From Bengals.com
            Throw in Denver’s Trevor Siemian and the Bengals have been singed by first-year starting quarterbacks for a passer rating of 122.4 on five TDs and no picks. The Bengals lost to Siemian in his third NFL start and to Prescott in his fifth and was it because of a lack of a book on them? Bengals cornerback Adam Jones doesn’t think so because, “In Dallas we got run out of the building, so Prescott didn’t really beat us. “

They’ll have a book on Wentz because he’s already thrown 325 NFL passes. Lewis is 15-11 against the rookies.
            from USA today before Pitt got crushed by Philly
            Pittsburgh is 19-2 against first-year quarterbacks over the past dozen seasons, holding opposing offenses to 15.75 points and forcing double the amount of interceptions (25) as passing touchdowns allowed (12).
            More proof that Marvin Lewis is a crappy head coach. Zero preparation. Thinking that your standard game plan and/or your roster is good enough to just roll over people and they need to prepare for you instead.
            Only users lose drugs

Comment

Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post
              So the God-man will now be 6-6. What is the word most commonly tossed about: mediocre?
              6-6 with losing his QB or the best RB in the league after rosters were mostly set is better than 3-7-1 without Nelson, Jones and Sanu and an off-season to prepare.

Zim isn't God-like to me but he's way better than Lewis.
              Only users lose drugs

Comment

Indeed. I would take Zim over ML any day.
                Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

Originally posted by Pre_hungover View Post
                  6-6 with losing his QB or the best RB in the league after rosters were mostly set is better than 3-7-1 without Nelson, Jones and Sanu and an off-season to prepare.

Zim isn't God-like to me but he's way better than Lewis.
                  I wasn't debating the accepted-but-not-proven qualities between the two. I was merely pointing out that the Deity of the North--so passionately worshipped by some here (not you)--is indeed just a mortal like the rest.

As to the qualifiers for his team's problems...I do point out that Bridgewater was hurt before the season began, and Peterson was injured in Game 2. Yet the Vikings went 5-0 to open the season anyway. They have since gone 1-6. Their offensive line has been banged up to, but they were not world-beaters to begin with. And wasn't Norv Turner supposed to be the cat's backside..but now he quits?

Who knows what will happen to them the rest of the year? I guess, for me anyway, I really DGAF. I have never liked them at all--but that goes all the way back to the Joe Kapp days, so nothing new.
                  "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

Working...
                  X