Iggles vs Bengals Game Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SladeX View Post
    So we're back to Fumetti's ethos of enjoying each game as a self contained entity without the context of season or general team direction. And even enjoying each play in such a fashion in regsrds to the ultimate outcome of the game.
    And it only took less than a season!
    Sort of the anticipated response, but more thoughtful. And what a memory: recalling the "Fumetti Ethos"! BTW: I still see him post on go-bengals periodically.

Ethologically speaking, however, it is true: one only has one game at a time to take in--especially if one is in attendance. I will admit: the other day, I was "scoreboard watching"...checking out the Rat game. And I do look at other games after, in order to evaluate the state of the race at the time. Then, it is over and done with for the week. And, I never concern myself with the off-season until the off-season arrives. And, as far as "direction" is involved, neither I or anyone else not employed by a franchise has the slightest input into the process, so I am not concerned. It is great fun to muse, however, but not get to the point of worrying about it day and night.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

Originally posted by SladeX View Post
      Steve Sax
      Yep, that's the guy.

Nugent going through the same mental masturbation that Sax did.

Too bad they fired the long-snapper. It's always the cheap guy who takes the hit.

Comment

Originally posted by LimaBengal View Post

Too bad they fired the long-snapper. It's always the cheap guy who takes the hit.
        Clark Harris got hurt. Did they get rid of him?
        "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Comment

Originally posted by shebengal View Post
          Clark Harris got hurt. Did they get rid of him?

Maybe it was just a false assumption. I thought maybe that high snap on one of the misses caused him to be a 'scapegoat.

I didn't know he was hurt.

Comment

Happened against Buffalo. Not sure exactly what it was, but he took a nasty spill on a ST play and seemed to bend his leg backwards like a pretzel.
            "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

I'll admit to liking them having a practice roster spot for a backup long snapper.
              Only users lose drugs

Comment

Working...
              X