Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ced Moves to LT Bye Whitworth.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ced Moves to LT Bye Whitworth.

    Goodbye loyal probowl LT (and union rep) Whitworth. the bengals arent gonna pay to have a 1st round sit the bench and offer you a contract anywhere close to your performance and experience should, Hobsons already talking like they'll move whit to LG next year (a much lower paying positon) and i think whit is a FA. gee low ball offer incoming......

    didnt they just sign Boling this year? where is he gonna play ? RG .. ok bye Ziegler.


    WTF Ced stats RT offense sucks, winston splits time at RT . offense starts getting better, Ced gets benched , offense shines. so lets try him at LT next year.

    either paul alexander has no clue or he is a ass kissing yes man that does whatever the boss says. and if thats the case why even have him coach if he cant properly control his position.

  • #2
    Ced is a natural LT and had to learn RT, which is backwards from what he learned in college. It's not quite going from throwing right handed to left handed but learning to coordinate your feet from LT to RT is not easy to do, especially at this level. Whit is a good tackle but he's a better guard. All they are doing is playing to their strengths. Boling will move to Center and Wesserman will be backing up the Guards unless they upgrade and draft a high round Guard or Center next season.
    Only users lose drugs

    Comment


    • #3
      Whit being next to Ced might actually be the thing that makes Ced better. Zeitler is a FA... so they gotta sign him first before talking about moving Boling to center.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
        Whit being next to Ced might actually be the thing that makes Ced better. Zeitler is a FA... so they gotta sign him first before talking about moving Boling to center.
        Whit is also a UFA . they have no problems about talking about him moving to LG... but now they will try to pay him as a guard, he should not accept it, bye byr probowl LT and team leader , hello rod jones JR and reshuffled oline, if AJ is here next year you'll get to see more of him and his back up.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Stryker57 View Post
          Whit is also a UFA . they have no problems about talking about him moving to LG... but now they will try to pay him as a guard, he should not accept it, bye byr probowl LT and team leader , hello rod jones JR and reshuffled oline, if AJ is here next year you'll get to see more of him and his back up.
          Don't go all Chicken Little on us. Whit will most likely not be in the Pro Bowl this year or next year so the "bye, bye Pro Bowl LT" has already happened. I'm pretty sure Whitworth senses his own mortality and sees this also. You're living too much in the now.Just because AW's not struggling this year doesn't mean he's not going to struggle next year and just because Ced had a tough year this year doesn't mean he'll get run over next year.
          Only users lose drugs

          Comment


          • #6
            I seen this coming but I said Fisher instead of Cedric.

            http://bengalsjungle.com/forum/showt...l=1#post107423
            Almost 2 months since I posted this and you can see we have gone down hill since then. With Green gone and Bernard gone we will continue to go down Hill. This is the perfect time to blow it up. A new coach next year gets a brand new team with the talent already here. He gets to look at the talent with open eyes instead of blinded by what they did before.
            Can you see our DB's for next year. Jackson, Dennard, Iloka and Smith. With Kirkpatrick as nickel. LB's Burfict, Vigil, Rey and maybe a first round linebacker drafted. DL, Dunlap, Atkins, Billings and Thompson. and then we move to offense. Dalton, Hill, Eifert and Green are your for sure starters. Fisher takes over for Whitworth who moves to guard to help team, not because he isn't good enough at tackle but because it allows Boling to move to center as Zeitler stays put with Ogbuehi with a year under his belt with more help from Zeitleer who doesn't have to cover for Bodine. Receiver Wright, Boyd and Erickson. Bernard comes back with Peerman. And then we have next years draft to fill any voids.

            GOOD BYE Marvin
            Boling needs to move to center. Only way he does that is moving Whitworth. This is a good move.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Pre_hungover View Post
              Don't go all Chicken Little on us. Whit will most likely not be in the Pro Bowl this year or next year so the "bye, bye Pro Bowl LT" has already happened. I'm pretty sure Whitworth senses his own mortality and sees this also. You're living too much in the now.Just because AW's not struggling this year doesn't mean he's not going to struggle next year and just because Ced had a tough year this year doesn't mean he'll get run over next year.
              dont mean he will struggle next year and he is playing good enough for this to be considered a proBowl year. Facts are he is a UFA probowl Tackle and Ced wont be next year. hope i'm wrong but the Browns are pretty consistant theyll low ball he'll walk and the fans lose.

              Comment


              • #8
                Umm...OK...what about Right Tackle?
                "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post
                  Umm...OK...what about Right Tackle?
                  The other top draft pick Fisher?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Probably...but he may have the same issues as Ced on the right side. Fisher is built much like he is: tall, rangy, athletic. He might have a little more strength than Ced, but he is no where close to a mauler in the Andre mold. Still, give him a go and we'll see what happens.
                    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post
                      Probably...but he may have the same issues as Ced on the right side. Fisher is built much like he is: tall, rangy, athletic. He might have a little more strength than Ced, but he is no where close to a mauler in the Andre mold. Still, give him a go and we'll see what happens.
                      I'm pretty sure he has already been rotating in. Wasn't he playing tackle eligible when he caught the pass and fumbled?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        He was. TBH...I am not sure if he was the actual tackle on the right side, or if Winston was. That play happened on the opposite side of the field from my seats...didn't get a real good look at it.
                        "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          One thing I believe - the line has not been getting it done this year.

                          At one point, during our last "win", Hill had 27 yards on 20 carries. Whether Hill sucks, or the line or Paul Alexander, status-quo is not the answer for next year.

                          But I'm sure that savings will rule over anything else. They won't re-sign an aging vet when they have cheaper, younger draft picks in the wings.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            i noticed a differance just when they sat Ced and put winston in at RT

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by LimaBengal View Post
                              One thing I believe - the line has not been getting it done this year.

                              At one point, during our last "win", Hill had 27 yards on 20 carries. Whether Hill sucks, or the line or Paul Alexander, status-quo is not the answer for next year.

                              But I'm sure that savings will rule over anything else. They won't re-sign an aging vet when they have cheaper, younger draft picks in the wings.
                              Well...if you noticed during the "win" (WTF?) on Sunday: the same line was providing the same push and seams for Rex as Hill. Who had 8-38 (4.1 avg) compared to 23-33 (1.4), and then you have answered your own question?
                              "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X