No announcement yet.

Bengals vs Brownies II Game Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The one time I went to a game there we were sitting in the top rows of one of the sections and for some odd reason the outside wall was not solid, it was a metal grate, and the wind would blow right through it off the lake. It was cold as hell. I have no idea why they would design something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Ray View Post
      I think they have a very good chance to beat the Chargers in 2 weeks, particularly if the weather's bad. The Chargers will have nothing to play for
      Nah - they are going to beat the Stealers.

Just kidding

Comment

Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
        The one time I went to a game there we were sitting in the top rows of one of the sections and for some odd reason the outside wall was not solid, it was a metal grate, and the wind would blow right through it off the lake. It was cold as hell. I have no idea why they would design something like that.
        They didn't get the new stadium placed any better than the old one--whose foundation is just a couple hundred yards or so to the east (being used as a breaker against Lake Erie tides).
        "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post
          Glad you got to drive home happy. After noticing the lack of spectators, I was thinking perhaps you could cheer and they would hear you on the field? Stub Hub had $7 seats for sale yesterday morning (including will call).

The field looked like a skating rink--did you get that impression?

I have only been in that building once. All in all, not a bad facility. Relatively easy to get in and out of.

You have won several in a row now on your annual trip. Papa and young man still love you!
          Papa and young man still love me, but young man didn't go because he came down with a stomach flu and didn't want to endanger his recovery since he had 2 finals today. We couldn't give his ticket away.

The field didn't look that bad.

According to Paul Daugherty, tickets were going for as low as $3.00 on Stub Hub which means a beer would have cost 3X as much as to get into the game.

We didn't even go up to our seats at the top of the stadium on the lake side. We sat in the lower bowl at the 50 yard line under cover with the full intention of moving if someone came along and we were sitting in their seats. No one claimed them so we just stayed.
          "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Comment

Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
            Our seats were supposed to be there but we sat in the lower level on the 50 yard line prior to the game with the full intention of moving if someone claimed our seats and no one showed up so we stayed there. I have sat there before and it does get cold.
            "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Comment

Working...
            X