No announcement yet.

Marvin Lewis Reportedly To Be Fired Upon End Of Disappointing Season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, technically, ML has a SB ring too.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

Now posted on NFL.com, Marvin says "I will return!" Whoopee! Break out the champagne boys, another wonderful season of Marvin Ball is on its' way. The guy doesn't even suggest that it just might be up to Mikey if he's going to return or not. He just flat out said on "Yahoo Serious FM" that he WILL be the H.C. of the Bengals next year.

On the lighter side, comments on the article were, oh.... about 98% against Marvin not being canned, with the 2% in favor being Squealer fans. They are very, very happy that the Magic Man is coming back.

Comment

As far as I'm concerned, the H.C. position of the Bengals should be just like the H.C. at Ohio State. If you can't beat Michigan, you get fired. In the Nati, you don't beat the Evil Empire, you get fired. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by TD Bengals View Post
          One has 3 SuperBowl rings, the other has 0 playoff wins in 14 years.
          mic drop. nice one.

Coughlin would be good here because he would not have to rebuild. His teams always played well in the playoffs and he is a lot like Zimmer in that he demands a lot from players AND makes them accountable.
          Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

One has 3 SuperBowl rings, the other has 0 playoff wins in 14 years.
            Actually Coughlin has 2 SuperBowl rings...be that as it may, this man inspires zero confidence in me.

Tom-Coughlin1372103075.jpg

Comment

I have little confidence Mikey will fire ML. If he does though, I have even less confidence of his ability to find a coach who is capable of being better. Even if that happened, I am even less confident he will let that HC choose his own staff and not meddle. I have more confidence that in the next few years Mikey will fade away and let Katie run the show whom i believe knows that you can win and make more money.

Comment

Now that there's one, maybe two franchises in LA, I don't fear Katie taking over like I used to. I just could not root for the LA Bengals.
                Only users lose drugs

Comment

Originally posted by Maldez View Post
                  Actually Coughlin has 2 SuperBowl rings...be that as it may, this man inspires zero confidence in me.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]913[/ATTACH]
                  He technically has 3 (one as an assistant when the Giants beat the Bills in the early '90s), though as LeTigre pointed out, Marvin technically has one as well.

Comment

When Marvin took a shitty Washington defense and put them at something like 3rd in the league in one season, I was thrilled when he came on board because I expected Cincy to have a tough D for the first time since the 70s(a couple of decent seasons in the 80s does not a great defense make). It wasn't until Zimmer came on board that they finally have a tough D.

No offense but #### rings won as an assistant coach.
                    Only users lose drugs

Comment

From SI:

3. Something has to happen in Cincinnati. Marvin Lewis’ contract expires after 2017. Three years in a row he’s gotten a one-year extension. He’s been adamant over the past few weeks that he’s not retiring. So do the Bengals give him another one-year deal? Do they extend him long-term? Last year Lewis and Hue Jackson discussed a potential succession plan, before Lewis’ OC left for Cleveland, so it’s not as if he hasn’t contemplated walking away. Next year would be Lewis’ 15th as Bengals coach.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/12/30/n...-monday-primer

Comment

Marvin isn't retiring until he gets his Super Bowl. Marvin will never retire.

Comment

He technically has 3 (one as an assistant when the Giants beat the Bills in the early '90s), though as LeTigre pointed out, Marvin technically has one as well.
                          In spite of his rings he's no better than Marvin Lewis...why do you think the NY Giants parted ways with him?

Comment

Originally posted by Maldez View Post
                            In spite of his rings he's no better than Marvin Lewis...why do you think the NY Giants parted ways with him?
                            Because teams that want to win the SB actually make changes even if it means letting go coaches that had very good past success. Giants like to win it all, Mikey likes to be 'in the mix'

Comment

Uh...he's already under contract for 2017. What's this one-year blather?
                              "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

Wouldn't surprise me if all 3 Marvin disciples are fired after 2017:
                                Hue Jackson
                                Mike Zimmer
                                Jay Gruden

Which one will be the next Bengal coach?

Comment

Working...
                                X