No announcement yet.

Marvin Lewis Reportedly To Be Fired Upon End Of Disappointing Season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleveland and Minny already said no changes .
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

The Washington team has come a long way since Jay has been there. They had a bit of a collapse this season to be sure, but the growth has been steady. I can't see even quick-trigger Danny pulling the plug.
      "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

Marvin is truly clueless and in denial about halftime adjustments
        After the game
        “I am extremely happy for our guys and how we came out and played today. For whatever reason, we still have that lull in the third and fourth quarters, but in all three phases, we did a very good job. That was important for the guys to continue to compete together, have fun together and enjoy each other. As we know when you move forward, nothing stays the same, and so that a great way to end this season and hopefully kick off 2017.”
        And then today
        Seeking to solve the lack of scoring in the second half that dominated the season-long offensive woes, Lewis said it had nothing to do with half-time adjustments.

“If an offensive coordinator repeated a play we would come in and pay him anyway. We have to see one of those guys repeat a play. So, the adjustment that’s more journalism jargon than truth,” Lewis said. “May be a mental thing, may be a repetition thing, a confidence thing, a poise thing, time on task thing. It’s all those things, really, is what it is. “
        Can someone please translate that nonsense to me?
        Only users lose drugs

Comment

Originally posted by Pre_hungover View Post
          Marvin is truly clueless and in denial about halftime adjustments
          After the game

And then today
          Can someone please translate that nonsense to me?
          It means Marvin is saying he has no clue!

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyCat View Post
            It means Marvin is saying he has no clue!
            What a coincidence. I had no clue as to what he was trying to get at. It reminds me of Trudy Weigle on Reno 911. Her stupidity was pure genius.
            Only users lose drugs

Comment

So, the adjustment that’s more journalism jargon than truth,” Lewis said.

Wow. Clueless.Keeping clapping Marvin that always works while the other team makes adjustments

Comment

It takes 14 years for Marvin to figure it out..now he actually has to DO it, not just say he wants to. His 'vision' is to get more out of younger players..lol..really, cutting edge stuff there Marvin

While Lewis and his staff are in Mobile to look ahead and chase a Super Bowl trophy, the biggest takeaway from the year-end self-evaluation the head coach took away from a 6-9-1 season was centered around one word: competition.

“It’s kind of all-encompassing,” Lewis explained. “It means you’ve got to do a better job of our guys understanding the situation, everything about situational football, just the competitiveness of practice, the execution of the things in practice, pushing young players to pull more out of them. As coaches we’ve got to pull more out of these players all the time. The response of this is how we’ve done it is not quite good enough. It’s not good enough. Everything has got to be better. We’ve got to pull more out of each guy.”

To illustrate that thought, Lewis pointed to the group of rookie receivers in 2017 that contributed, from second-round pick Tyler Boyd to undrafted free agent Alex Erickson.

“My vision would be to get more earlier out of guys like Tyler Boyd, to be successful,” Lewis said. “Sometimes it’s on the player, sometimes it’s on us as coaches. But at the end of the process, but if we can get more out of them so that we get it done earlier. Then maybe at some point in his development, the light comes on in week two or three or week four or five.”

Comment

When can we expect to get more out of Marvin??

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyCat View Post
                    When can we expect to get more out of Marvin??
                    LOL..more thinking and less clapping

Comment

This Jackwagon said he wanted another extension, oh hell no! He gets one I will be at the point that I am done. Moving on. If anyone in their right mind goes to a game if he is extended, then you are the craziest people to walk this earth. MFB will now be the biggest buffoon of all times! Will MFB make him play out his contract? I hope the frick so!
                      "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

Comment

Mikey can always be counted on to always do the wrong thing, at the wrong time, for the wrong reasons. Magic Marvin WILL get his extension. That you can count on.

It's about going 8 and 8. It's always been about going 8 and 8. Some bloggers are saying to re-sign Marvin, stay the course with the Red Water Pistol, because "you never know that who you get to replace them is any better". Yep, that's a sure fire way to win a championship. Idiots.

Comment

I am reading a business book by Donald Keough, the former President of Coca-Cola "The Ten Commandments for Business Failure" (great book by the way). #1 is " Quit taking risks". This is as relevant to business as it is to a sports franchise that wants to win. #2 is "Be inflexible"...and so on.

This team is not built to win a championship or even seriously compete for one. As Furnbuff noted it is built to be average. This whole nonsense that "Mikey wants to win' is laughable because he takes few actions to support that statement.

Comment

This is a perfect example of why the Bengals are consistently mediocre, while the Buckeye football team continues to succeed. Lewis is brought back after his 15th year without a playoff win and possibly his most disappointing season ever. Ohio State goes 11-1, makes it the playoffs, and proceeds to get shut out in embarrassing fashion. Within a matter of days they have new QB coach and a new offensive coordinator. It's the difference between waiting for things to get better and making things better.
                            Sto Pro Veritate

Comment

Good analogy

Comment

The only extension ML should get is an extension that puts a caveat in the contract-- Super Bowl title or no more extensions. Win or go home. Cue Cersi Lannister. When you play the Game of Thrones, you win or you die. That needs to be in the contract extension--- win or be fired.
                                Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

Comment

Working...
                                X