No announcement yet.

Marvin Lewis Reportedly To Be Fired Upon End Of Disappointing Season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How soon you forget that Ickey's and Chad dancing were removed from the endzone to the sidelines. I gotta agree Marvin on this, because I believe, that what he said was and is being taken out of context by the media. There was nothing wrong with the current rule allowing a little bit of celebrating, why change it? Now we will see 1/2 hr choreographed dances with entire offense dancing?? Or more Antonio Brown dry humping the goal posts??

Comment

• Originally posted by TD Bengals View Post
      And if you celebrate a TD when your team is down 21 points you should face a firing squad.
      Exactly!!! Kind of like watching Dre or Pac get burnt 5 times and then they break up a pass or make a tackle and they talk shit......

Comment

• As long as the player does not mock the other team, let them celebrate. It engages the fans, attracts fans. The game changing to the No Fun League combined with too many flags and too long of penalty replays has taken a serious bite of the enjoyment of the game. This a big business that needs to maintain and attract fans. That should over ride crap like 'act like you have been there'. There are players who will naturally do that but you need to also have the players that will make a fun celebration. If it is dumb, like 'the squirrel' then it is fun mocking it.

In the last 3 years, the league has done a lot to make this game far less entertaining. Last year, they started paying the price with a huge drop in TV viewership. The changes they made for player safety are needed but let the guys have some fun.
        Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

• Got it, people only want to pay $$$$ to watch the TD celebrations and the "game" itself is an after thought..... I loved Chad Johnson, but hated Ochocinco! His spontaneous celebrations at first were awesome but then he got a big head and decided the game was more about dancing and all about him. The Ickey Shuffle was something spontaneous also and the fans loved it!! Now we have Hill, who is more worried about what kind of dance he's going to do..Ala Ochocinco..

Comment

• People simply want to be entertained and that can take various forms - scoring, pace of the game, interesting characters, big hits, etc.

Comment

• After decades of attending games, I can tell you with complete honesty that TD celebrations are last on the long list of reasons I attend.

And, of course, you do know who made the crap statement "act like you have been there before"? So the maturity of our HOF franchise founder should be "overridden" by cheap NFL paid killer sideshow acts?
              "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

• Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post
                After decades of attending games, I can tell you with complete honesty that TD celebrations are last on the long list of reasons I attend.

And, of course, you do know who made the crap statement "act like you have been there before"? So the maturity of our HOF franchise founder should be "overridden" by cheap NFL paid killer sideshow acts?
                Well aware PB made the statement but that was then and this is now. If the league wants to grow while battling the obvious long term health effects of players it needs to be entertaining. For me the entertainment is a fast paced skilled game being played. The instant replays and constant flags are killing it for me.

Comment

• Then your issue isn't with ML...it's with St. Roger.
                  "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

• Both actually, on many topics

Comment

• Bout time.

Comment

Working...
                      X