Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvin Lewis Reportedly To Be Fired Upon End Of Disappointing Season

http://www.forbes.com/sites/simonogu.../#3fd717c137de

Not going to happen, and even if it did, Tom Coughlin is about to get the Jags job and no longer be available. So unless they could get Cowher out of retirement, there really isn't a coach I want out there... My guess? If they fired Marvin they would just promote Haslett.

Comment

I can dream, can't I? Actually, I admire Marvin Lewis quite a bit for his role in ending the Bungles Era and making them an NFL-calber team again. But the idea of a new head coach is very intoxicating. Marvin has yet to win a playoff game in 14 years so why not shake things up and try somebody new?

Comment

Need someone with some energy, but, it isn't going to happen.

Comment

Firing Lewis would at least give the fan base some hope that Mikey actually does want to win. But it would have to be followed up with a good hire and some fresh assistant coaches
          Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

I am hopeful of a change as I'm well and truly Lewis's-out. I applaud what he's changed here but, hard as it may be to find, I want to see a more disciplined, attack-minded coach in Cincinnati. I also am really keen to see the back of the bulk
            of Lewis' coaching staff. By the way that is one of the most poorly-written articles I have seen in my life!

Comment

So, I read the article, and there it is AGAIN! Magic Marvin is labelled as a "defensive GURU"! You have got to be friggin' kidding me. His defenses have absolutely sucked every year, except for the Zimmer years. A Marvin defense can be identified by one singular trait...... No One Knows How To Tackle! It would seem to me that tackling should be, sort of, you know, IMPORTANT to a defense.

On a side note, I saw Mike Shanahan on CowTurd this past week, and Ol' Colin was grilling him about the Rams opening. Shanahan told him that he wasn't interested, period, and even if he was, he would only work for a certain type of owner. He explained that there are only two types of owners in the NFL. Those that only want to win championships, and those who only want to make money. I'm just guessing here, but if Santa leaves a Marvin firing under my tree today, that Mike Shanahan won't be making any trips to the Nati to discuss their new H.C. opening. Just guessing.

Comment

Originally posted by furnbuff View Post
                So, I read the article, and there it is AGAIN! Magic Marvin is labelled as a "defensive GURU"! You have got to be friggin' kidding me. His defenses have absolutely sucked every year, except for the Zimmer years. A Marvin defense can be identified by one singular trait...... No One Knows How To Tackle! It would seem to me that tackling should be, sort of, you know, IMPORTANT to a defense.

On a side note, I saw Mike Shanahan on CowTurd this past week, and Ol' Colin was grilling him about the Rams opening. Shanahan told him that he wasn't interested, period, and even if he was, he would only work for a certain type of owner. He explained that there are only two types of owners in the NFL. Those that only want to win championships, and those who only want to make money. I'm just guessing here, but if Santa leaves a Marvin firing under my tree today, that Mike Shanahan won't be making any trips to the Nati to discuss their new H.C. opening. Just guessing.
                Didn't he also say something about teams would be dumb to hire him over his son?

Comment

Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
                  Didn't he also say something about teams would be dumb to hire him over his son?

And what self respecting father wouldn't say the same thing? Especially if they're in the same business.

Comment

Originally posted by furnbuff View Post
                    And what self respecting father wouldn't say the same thing? Especially if they're in the same business.
                    Paul Brown?

Comment

Reports are that Marvin isn't going anywhere.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...am-next-season

Comment

Cooley has a source...this guy has a source...

I would bank on Cooley's version that ML will retire. The "guy" he knows is either Guenther or Jay Gruden. If ML leaves, then Guenther would be on the short list. If Pauly doesn't get it, Gruden will snatch him up to be his Defensive coordinator--whom he wanted to be after he took the Washington job.

Just musing...what the hell do I know?
                        "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post
                          Cooley has a source...this guy has a source...

I would bank on Cooley's version that ML will retire. The "guy" he knows is either Guenther or Jay Gruden. If ML leaves, then Guenther would be on the short list. If Pauly doesn't get it, Gruden will snatch him up to be his Defensive coordinator--whom he wanted to be after he took the Washington job.

Just musing...what the hell do I know?
                          Who's Cooley?

Comment

Chris Cooley (in the article). DC/Baltimore area media hack.
                            "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

Groundhog Day once again for this team - can't win a playoff game with Lewis but too afraid to change just in case we regress. Too comfortable being average and moderately competitive.

Comment

Working...
                              X