Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bengals locked into 7th through 11th choice in the first round

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bengals locked into 7th through 11th choice in the first round

    1-14 Cle
    2-13 SF
    3-12 Jax
    3-12 Chi
    4-11 LA
    4-11 NYJ
    5-10 SD - KC @ SD
    5-9-1 Cin - Bal @ Cin
    6-9 Car - Car @ TB
    6-9 Phi - Dal @ Phi
    6-8-1 Ari Ari @ LA

    7-8 Buf, NO, Ind, Min

    Cardinals have a weaker strength of schedule, 46%, to the Bengals 52% so they would get the higher slot if tied with Cincinnati, but Arizona is the only team in the #7-#11 range that I expect to win on Sunday.

    If they lose against Baltimore on Sunday, the latest they'll pick is 8th.

    I'd like for them to draft a stud safety, or LB. If neither is there, draft DL or trade down.

    I don't want to see TE, CB, RB, QB, WR or C drafted that high. I wouldn't look for a feature RB until the o-line is straightened out.

    I half-expect to see McCarron traded(2nd, 3rd round pick?) and Cincy using a 4th or 5th on a QB to groom.

    Thoughts or opinions?
    Only users lose drugs

  • #2
    We don't draft exclusively for need. But if we are picking top 10 we should get an instant productive starter. Unless ML is still here of course.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

    Comment


    • #3
      We need to draft an impact day-one starter....we haven't seen that since Zeitler? He wasn't that big of an impact either. And we need to stop being cute and sit 1st Rndrs. 1st round picks need to play from day-one. You only get them for four-five years.

      I'd say trade Eifert for a 3rd and a 5th.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by BengalCP9 View Post
        We need to draft an impact day-one starter....we haven't seen that since Zeitler? He wasn't that big of an impact either. And we need to stop being cute and sit 1st Rndrs. 1st round picks need to play from day-one. You only get them for four-five years.

        I'd say trade Eifert for a 3rd and a 5th.
        You don't trade a game changing TE... those are hard to find.

        Comment


        • #5
          Lol, you do when they are on the sideline or at home more-so than on the field.

          I think Tyler Eifert made a cameo in one of the all-time greatest video games ever.....

          8_bit_glass_joe_by_aero_alpha-d96sh5g.jpg
          Last edited by BengalCP9; 12-27-2016, 01:07 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Lol! Best early-days video game EVER! "Body blow...body blow...body blow...jab..jab.."

            Always had troubles with Piston Hurricane, but usually did OK with Kid Quick.
            "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

            Comment


            • #7
              Bengals are either 9th or 10th pick, Philly's win puts them past the Bengals at either 10th or 11th. It all comes down to the Arizona game.
              If the Cards win, they're the 11th pick, Philly 10th, Bengals 9th.
              If the Cards lose, they're 9th, Cincy 10th, Philly 11th.
              San Diego or Carolina will be 7th or 8th
              Only users lose drugs

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Pre_hungover View Post
                Bengals are either 9th or 10th pick, Philly's win puts them past the Bengals at either 10th or 11th. It all comes down to the Arizona game.
                If the Cards win, they're the 11th pick, Philly 10th, Bengals 9th.
                If the Cards lose, they're 9th, Cincy 10th, Philly 11th.
                San Diego or Carolina will be 7th or 8th
                Too bad the Bengals aren't high enough to get that defensive lineman kid from Texas A&M, Myles Garrett. They have get to get another pass rushing DE, and hope Billings comes back strong and healthy next year. The kid from Tennessee wouldn't be a bad backup plan, Barnett. There really isn't a LBer out there I'm in love with... could the Bengals throw everyone off and go after Peppers from Michigan???

                Comment


                • #9
                  I cannot wait for that first pick that does not play. Is that troll enough for you? No, that is a Fact and Truth. You see the difference?
                  "We started with a very low standard, so we have nowhere to go but up," offensive coordinator Jay Gruden said. So you set your standards as low? WOW!

                  "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

                  Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by TigerJ@w View Post
                    I cannot wait for that first pick that does not play.
                    No kidding. He will break a toenail in TC and to be safe Marvin will put him on IR. Then hardly play him in 2018.
                    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Ah shit man... have you guys seen the David Johnson injury? That is some sick gruesome sh it. I mean Tim Krumrie level shi t.


                      Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 24m24 minutes ago
                      Adam Schefter Retweeted ACL Recovery Club
                      One of the ugliest injuries of the season.....Adam Schefter added,

                      ACL Recovery Club @ACLrecoveryCLUB
                      �� that David Johnson is ok!!!!
                      0 replies 1 retweet 1 like
                      Reply Retweet 1
                      Like 1
                      More

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post
                        Lol! Best early-days video game EVER! "Body blow...body blow...body blow...jab..jab.."

                        Always had troubles with Piston Hurricane, but usually did OK with Kid Quick.

                        My son finally showed me to hit Iron Mike when he winked. lol

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          If Hooker from Ohio State declares, someone is going to get the next Ed Reed.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Then that's who I want. Williams waited until 2017 to make his first play as a starting safety.
                            Only users lose drugs

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Bengals pick 9th
                              Only users lose drugs

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X