No announcement yet.

Bengals locked into 7th through 11th choice in the first round

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foster reminds me a lot of an old LBer from Texas A&M that played for the Colts in the NFL Named Quinton Quentin Coryatt.

Comment

The "hit" video was clearly targeting.

Comment

Duke Tobin Combine news conference, we need to see more of him:

http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/...c-c315fe0750ed
        Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
          Duke Tobin Combine news conference, we need to see more of him:

http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/...c-c315fe0750ed
          When he says things like:

1) We're looking for receivers who can catch in traffic and run after the catch
          2) We look at Tyler Boyd as a slot guy
          3) We like size at WR
          4) Edge rushers are tricky

It sure looks like Mike Williams at #9 if he's there

Comment

At least he answers questions without going in circles like the idiot Marvin.

Comment

This guy would not be a disappointment. Sort of AJ-like, though not as fast. Would be a Red Zone terror with his ability to fight and jump for the ball. May need that, with Eifert's inability to stay on the field.
              "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

I'd rather have the kid from Western Michigan than Mike Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
                  I'd rather have the kid from Western Michigan than Mike Williams.
                  I'd rather have OJ Howard than Mike Williams.
                  potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
                  QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
                  OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

Originally posted by spicoli View Post
                    I'd rather have OJ Howard than Mike Williams.
                    You already have Eifert and two second year players behind him in Kroft and Uzahma. I like Howard, but there are too many needs on this team to draft him into a crowded position battle.

Comment

You already have Eifert and two second year players behind him in Kroft and Uzahma. I like Howard, but there are too many needs on this team to draft him into a crowded position battle.
                      I don't really look at Howard as a TE though, I just see him as an oversized WR that would play all over the LOS and create mismatches against anybody you line him up against....he's just a huge weapon, period.

Comment

I don't look at Howard as a TE though, I just see him as an oversized WR that would play all over the LOS and create mismatches against anybody you line him up against....he's just a huge weapon, period.
                        Why not take a guy in Corey Davis who has proven his abilities for several years now and whom many scouts tout as having Terrell Owens type talent?

Comment

Why not take a guy in Corey Davis who has proven his abilities for several years now and whom many scouts tout as having Terrell Owens type talent?
                          I just think Howard is the better player in all honesty.....like comparing a 4-star player to a 5-star.

regardless, I really don't think the Bengals are going to be taking a receiver of any sorts at 9.....I think they'll wait until the 2nd or 3rd round and find themselves a speedster like Zay Jones, DeDe Westbrook, John Ross, etc.

Comment

Love Zay Jones, I watched him play for 4 years, but, I never thought of him as speedster. I realize he has 4.4-5 speed, but, I don't remember him running away from defenders.

He would just catch everything near him and get YAK.

Don't know if the Bengals will be looking WR in the 2nd, but, if he is there in the 3rd - doubtful at this point - he would be a steal.

Comment

Originally posted by NCStripes View Post
                              Love Zay Jones, I watched him play for 4 years, but, I never thought of him as speedster. I realize he has 4.4-5 speed, but, I don't remember him running away from defenders.

He would just catch everything near him and get YAK.

Don't know if the Bengals will be looking WR in the 2nd, but, if he is there in the 3rd - doubtful at this point - he would be a steal.
                              yeah he's probably not a burner in the class of Westbrook or Ross but he's still plenty fast enough to get the job done.....I like him a lot at 41 actually.

Comment

I don't really look at Howard as a TE though, I just see him as an oversized WR that would play all over the LOS and create mismatches against anybody you line him up against....he's just a huge weapon, period.
                                True in theory but our OC does not even use all the weapons we have now correctly so I would have zero faith he could use this one as you noted.

Comment

Working...
                                X