No announcement yet.

The Do You Care Who Wins Playoff Games Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And Benny Boo-Boo has an air cast on his leg but is planning on playing Sunday, thus adding to his legacy of "playing through pain" and making a miraculous recovery.
    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Comment

Originally posted by Pre_hungover View Post
      What a ####ing tool.
      No, the key word is: thug. Always was, and still is. Complete with posse.
      "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post
        No, the key word is: thug. Always was, and still is. Complete with posse.
        The biggest problem is the posse is the entire team, plus the commish!

Comment

Well,

Looks all is good in stealer land. I wonder how many calls roger and danny-bot made to the local DA.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/1/13...rges-were-drop

Comment

OK, late to this conversation, but agree - No Stealers.

Next? No Patriots.

Other than that, I don't have any significant concerns.
            ///M
            The most powerful letter in the alphabet

Comment

Today:

The Pack vs the Jerrys
              THEM vs the Chieftans

Yesterday's games were mildly interesting, although ended predictably.

Today's first game will also be predictable. On the 50th Anniversary of The AFL-NFL Championship Game (one I watched on a grainy color TV as a wee lad back then), the Jerrys will win although GB will keep it plucky.

The second one is dicey. I can only hope KC will overcome the certainty of an all-out blitzkrieg of calls/non-calls in favor of THEM. It has already started, in that Benny is miraculously cured and Thug Joey has been restored to the sidelines.
              "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

Today:

The Pack vs the Jerrys
                THEM vs the Chieftans

The second one is dicey. I can only hope KC will overcome the certainty of an all-out blitzkrieg of calls/non-calls in favor of THEM. It has already started, in that Benny is miraculously cured and Thug Joey has been restored to the sidelines.
                I told you Benny Boo-boo would recover miarculously.

Go Chiefs!
                "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Comment

Have you noticed that during these playoffs, that the better coaches and better QBs, get in players' faces and chew them out when they make dumb or selfish mistakes?

I never see the Clapping Clown nor the Red Rifle do that....ever.

Comment

Have you noticed during these playoffs, certain game-changing bogus holding calls are made for the benefit of Favored Franchises?

The league is going to drive itself nuts in Foxboro next week, attempting to call/non-call that one.

A pox on this criminally corrupt farce of a sport.

Comment

Originally posted by LimaBengal View Post
                      Have you noticed that during these playoffs, that the better coaches and better QBs, get in players' faces and chew them out when they make dumb or selfish mistakes?

I have also noticed that teams can win playoff games, I thought you could only lose them?
                      Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

Originally posted by LimaBengal View Post

I saw Dalton last season always telling Bodine he was garbage when his snaps sucked. But yeah, not so much this year. You see Matt Ryan huddle the Falcon's offense around him telling them to stop jawing with Seattle and to play their game. Belichick getting into a player's face for getting a stupid penalty......these teams have such urgency.

Comment

I'm just glad that our franchise's philosophies and coaching traits get proven out as the season comes to an end.

Atlanta proved that the addition of free agents has absolutely NO EFFECT on improving a team's chances of making the play-offs or going to the S.B. Mohammad Sanu, Jr. and Mack were nothing but a waste of good money in Atlanta.

Making half-time adjustments had NO EFFECT on the outcome of the Pats-Texans game. Belichick just let Houston hang around for a half to make it look good. He told Tommy to play left-handed the first two quarters. Changing the game plan to counter what the other team is doing is just BUNK! Plus, you'd have to know how to coach to be able to pull that off.

Speaking of that, did anyone see that the officiating grades for the season were handed out last wek? The most notable to us was that, oncwe again, our own Magical Marvin took the gold medal in the "call challenges" category. He, of course, was O-FER on ALL his challenges! He is the odds-on favorite to win this award next season, also. Got to love it, don't you?

Comment

Have you noticed during these playoffs, certain game-changing bogus holding calls are made for the benefit of Favored Franchises?

The league is going to drive itself nuts in Foxboro next week, attempting to call/non-call that one.

A pox on this criminally corrupt farce of a sport.

LOL at this post

Comment

And yet, you saw the same things with your own eyes.

Lol @ that.

Comment

Interesting info on Falcons:

When the Falcons had a run of success under then-coach Mike Smith early in quarterback Matt Ryan’s career, one of the knocks on the team was that they weren’t tough enough to navigate a path to a championship.

Falcons General Manager Thomas Dimitroff didn’t disagree with that critique and felt the team was “getting away from what we believed was at the very core a good football team.” They started to investigate ways to strengthen that part of the club before parting ways with Smith and came up with a grade for competitiveness and toughness to use as part of their player evaluations.

It’s something that has continued under coach Dan Quinn and Dimitroff says the team is focused on not selling themselves on players who didn’t score highly in those areas.

“We all can be swayed, and that has happened to us,” Dimitroff said to Albert Breer of TheMMQB.com. “Basically, we’re trying to limit the soft souls on our football team. We figured this was a way to do that. You can have players that come in that are really good, but if they don’t possess competitiveness and toughness, then we’re not playing the urgent type of football that we need to be playing. That’s where we were.”

A win on Sunday against the Packers would move the Falcons even further away from those teams that fell short when Smith was on the sideline and reinforce that the path they’ve chosen is the right one to lead to continued success on the field.
                                Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

Working...
                                X