The Do You Care Who Wins Playoff Games Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post
    Have you noticed during these playoffs, certain game-changing bogus holding calls are made for the benefit of Favored Franchises?

The league is going to drive itself nuts in Foxboro next week, attempting to call/non-call that one.

A pox on this criminally corrupt farce of a sport.
    I didn't see any of the New England game but I did see the end of the Pittspuke game and much as I have to admit it, Harrison was held on that 2 point conversion. That just means I have to root for NE this weekend (God, I HATE that thought) and then root for whomever comes out of the NFC in the Super Bowl.
    "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Comment

I do not doubt it was a hold. However, these curiously are called at game-changing moments to the benefit of Favored Franchises. One could pull out any number of plays during that game, where as bad or much worse holds by the visiting Favored Franchise were committed, but never called--and certainly not score or drive-killing situations.

There is a hockey adage: in the third period of games, swallow the whistle unless a truly egregious foul is committed. But the NHL is a legitimate league, not so the NFL.
      "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

I do not doubt it was a hold. However, these curiously are called at game-changing moments to the benefit of Favored Franchises. One could pull out any number of plays during that game, where as bad or much worse holds by the visiting Favored Franchise were committed, but never called--and certainly not score or drive-killing situations.

There is a hockey adage: in the third period of games, swallow the whistle unless a truly egregious foul is committed. But the NHL is a legitimate league, not so the NFL.

I watched the game. The guy basically tackled Harrison. If the ref hadn't made the call, it would have been a crime. Everyone in the world knows it was a hold.

Sorry, no conspired plot.

Comment

I guess it was holding, he did grab him by the neck. Was Harrison going to really get to Smith before he threw it? Probably not. In highly-contested championship or playoff games, the referees usually "let them play" which is strange that this call was made. Referees would rather not make the call then make a game-changing call and have them influence the game. I've coached and it seemed that referees were exceptionally lax when it came to more important games in fear of making the wrong call.

The interesting thing is that the Bengals get called out for being the instigators in their rival with the Steelers. Look at the misconduct and the extracurricular activities of the Steelers against KC. Steelers are just a dirty team.

Comment

If you really want a laugh, and I mean a gut buster, read on NFL.com the Pitts-puke Gazette article where they liken the Squealers as the "Rebel Alliance" to the Pats as the "Evil Empire".

That is such a delusional comparison, that I have to believe it took an entire team of Liberals to concoct it.

Comment

Steelers and their fans are the classic 'Can dish it out but can't take it' bunch. At least when the Raiders were the bad boys they also accepted the push back and did not whine about it. Steeler fans would LOVE to have Burfict on thier team. On their team he would be 'tough as nails', on another team is a 'thug'.
              Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

Originally posted by furnbuff View Post
                If you really want a laugh, and I mean a gut buster, read on NFL.com the Pitts-puke Gazette article where they liken the Squealers as the "Rebel Alliance" to the Pats as the "Evil Empire".

That is such a delusional comparison, that I have to believe it took an entire team of Liberals to concoct it.
                Prepare to be fully entertained with this one. The two most Favored Franchises in the entire NFL. There will be such a blitzkrieg of calls/non-calls, it will make your head spin.

Frankly, I do not know which way the league will go with this one. There are virtually equal amounts of money to be made on both. Maybe even a real football game will be allowed to be played? What am I saying...any game involving THEM, will be anything but a real game.

The NFC Championship will be the undercard of undercards. No one will know or care who wins, other than their fans. The league might get a few more bucks out of the world sort of knowing Aaron Rodgers, so maybe the slant goes the Pack way. But, like I said, it is the undercard, so this might actually be the most real game of the day. Even for the NFL.
                "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

According to Cowherd, HIS network is salivating over a Packer-Squealer match-up. The reasoning being that those two teams have the largest faithful following, by far, over all other NFL franchises. The Pats, apparently, don't have national appeal, only in the Northeast.

I would have thought that them Cowboys would have figured in that "most" faithful following thing.

Comment

Looking at the Top-10 merchandise sellers in the NFL: the Pack is #6 and THEY are #8. Curiously, #1 is Seattle. The Jerrys are #4. The Pats are #5.

The matchup he suggests would indeed be a money-maker. But they don't lose a dime on a Pack/Pats SB.

Comment

It will be a Falcons/Patriot SB

Comment

Originally posted by BengalCP9 View Post
                        I guess it was holding, he did grab him by the neck. Was Harrison going to really get to Smith before he threw it? Probably not. In highly-contested championship or playoff games, the referees usually "let them play" which is strange that this call was made. Referees would rather not make the call then make a game-changing call and have them influence the game. I've coached and it seemed that referees were exceptionally lax when it came to more important games in fear of making the wrong call.

The interesting thing is that the Bengals get called out for being the instigators in their rival with the Steelers. Look at the misconduct and the extracurricular activities of the Steelers against KC. Steelers are just a dirty team.
                        The real interesting thing is there were a number of those holds (5 or 6, that were documented by Ludwick on Vines) that the Bengals experienced in the first Stealers game which resulted in no calls.

I guess that was really high contested championship game :-)

Comment

Sanu looking good for the Falcons
                          Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

Didn't realize I could hate the stealers more, but I blame them for me rooting for the Patriots tonight.

#vurp
                            ///M
                            The most powerful letter in the alphabet

Comment

Prepare to be fully entertained with this one. The two most Favored Franchises in the entire NFL. There will be such a blitzkrieg of calls/non-calls, it will make your head spin.

Frankly, I do not know which way the league will go with this one. There are virtually equal amounts of money to be made on both. Maybe even a real football game will be allowed to be played? What am I saying...any game involving THEM, will be anything but a real game.
                              if I were to hazard a guess, I'm guessing that Roger Goodell is not going to want to hand Tom Brady the Lombardi trophy in 2 weeks.

Just sayin'
                              "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Comment

Originally posted by shebengal View Post
                                if I were to hazard a guess, I'm guessing that Roger Goodell is not going to want to hand Tom Brady the Lombardi trophy in 2 weeks.

Just sayin'
                                Won't happen, Falcons win Super Bowl

Comment

Working...
                                X