No announcement yet.

The Do You Care Who Wins Playoff Games Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting when the teams are allowed to play, the game is almost normal.

But it's not the 4th quarter yet, so never say never.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

Now I really do not care who wins.

The only ones I wanted bounced, have been bounced.
      "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post
        Now I really do not care who wins.

The only ones I wanted bounced, have been bounced.
        Yep, that is the way I feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Cat View Post
          Won't happen, Falcons win Super Bowl
          I'll be rooting for the Falcons.

And I have to say it did not break my heart to see the Squeelers all dejected on the sideline.
          "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Comment

I could not even watch the Pats/Steelers game. i hate watching the Steelers. As for the SB, would be nice to see a team like the Falcons win but it would also be comical to see Goodell hand the trophy to Brady.
            Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

I wasn't going to see any of it, but I was out to dinner, and the game was on every TV (made sense, it was a BW-3).

The place was full of THOSE jerseys/gear-clad folks. I wore no team affiliated clothing. Got into a conversation with a THEM clad group at a table next to mine--concealing team identity and feigning no side one way or the other. As is normal with THOSE groups, not one of them was from or had ever been close to western PA...all just "lifetime fans" from watching THEM on TV. THEY were certain that the Bastards would win. As the game progressed, THEY were gettin more and more irritated (and drunk) with: first, the play-calling...second, the inability to stop Brady...and lastly (right on cue), the officiating. I remarked that, it appeared the referees were letting everyone play (much to my shock as well)...to which one of THEM stated "The league has it out for us...they always call BS crap". I wanted to fall out of my chair ROTFLMAO, but kept composed.

As the score mounted more and more against THEM, most of the crowd began to depart. I toasted a Pats fan (a real one--from Boston) for a job well done. A good day it was.

Comment

Great story. i said a few days ago that when a team loses the refs are always at fault or partially at fault. Regardless of the sport.
                Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

Most boring playoffs in history. Only the Cowboys/Packers game was worth anything. Still pissed at Rogers for the pass play. I so wanted Dallas and Zeke in the SB. Now, that is is down to the Pats and Falcons, I want Brady and company-- for several reasons. First, I want Brady to complete the F- - - You tour and want to see Goodell squirm when handing the Lombardi to Kraft. Second, I don't want Atlanta winning b/c that would be just one more franchise to have a SB besides us. Nothing against Falcon fans, but I want mine before you get yours-- LOL.
                  Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

Comment

I think NE wins the Super Bowl and likely pretty easily. Belichick will come up with something to thwart Atlanta's offense. Atlanta won't be playing in their Georgia Dome. NE defense>Atlanta's defense

Comment

Originally posted by ralphmtsu View Post
                      Second, I don't want Atlanta winning b/c that would be just one more franchise to have a SB besides us. Nothing against Falcon fans, but I want mine before you get yours-- LOL.
                      You sound like my hubby. That's how he determines who he roots for also.
                      "She's a Browns fan. She doesn't know anything about the playoffs." Chuck Todd referring to Kelly O'Donnell on "Meet the Press"

"The Browns are so low in national esteem that they troll the football equivalent of the thermal vents at the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific. This is the deepest point on the surface of the earth. Strange creatures live there and also in Berea." Bill Livingston-The Plain Dealer

Comment

Sorry but Falcons get theirs this year. I always thought that Ryan and Rogers were best two pure QB's in football but Ryan never had the team around him. This year he does. Shoot out but Falcons by 14.

Comment

Originally posted by ralphmtsu View Post
                          Most boring playoffs in history. Only the Cowboys/Packers game was worth anything. Still pissed at Rogers for the pass play. I so wanted Dallas and Zeke in the SB. Now, that is is down to the Pats and Falcons, I want Brady and company-- for several reasons. First, I want Brady to complete the F- - - You tour and want to see Goodell squirm when handing the Lombardi to Kraft. Second, I don't want Atlanta winning b/c that would be just one more franchise to have a SB besides us. Nothing against Falcon fans, but I want mine before you get yours-- LOL.
                          Didn't the dirty birds win their SB game with Dan Reeves?
                          Dona eis Requiem

Comment

Nope-- Elway won his 2nd SB against the Falcons.
                            Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

Comment

Thats right...
                              Dona eis Requiem

Comment

Today: Super Bowl Whatever Roman Numeral It Is.

Another overhyped, glitzy, Hollywood, production. Just the way the NFL likes it. Buchoo billions to be made today..the annual NFL bacchanalian orgy of avarice. It is their pinnacle.

And maybe a football game will be actually played--which might be a good bet, as the league tends to keep the officiating to a minimum for this, their prize and glory.

And when the trophy is given to Bellicheat, Tommy, and drunken Bob Kraft...when the confetti falls and the dancing girls and kitchy bands stop playing...we can all give thanks that another year of the NFL Production and Barnum and Bailey Circus is over.

Comment

Working...
                                X