X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ralphmtsu View Post
    Well said.
    Thanks

I had to come up with something to keep all my in-laws quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyCat View Post
      Just do what I do, remind them that the Super Bowl is just another name for the NFL Championship, Green Bay has 13, NYG have 9. They cannot erase 40 years of history just because it does not fit into their argument.
      And the Bears have 10 NFL Championships. They also have the most people enshrined in the HOF. They also have the most regular season and overall wins than any other franchise.

I always ask them to go back before 1972 and see where they were for the previous 40 seasons.
      "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyCat View Post
        Just do what I do, remind them that the Super Bowl is just another name for the NFL Championship, Green Bay has 13, NYG have 9. They cannot erase 40 years of history just because it does not fit into their argument.
        That kind of takes away the fun of telling Browns fans they've never made it to a Super Bowl

Comment

Former Bengal draft pick Marquand Manual is taking over as Defensive Coordinator for the Falcons...

Comment

Before certain people start with the "Falcons-Made-It-To-The-Super-Bowl-But-Won't-Accept-Mediocrity" chant:

Quinn took over defensive play-calling mid-season. The figurehead who remained on the sideline had one foot out the door at that point.
            "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

Except that by making the change mid-season, Quinn was essentially saying average was not good enough.
              Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

Being 5-3 at mid-season, and giving up boatloads of yards/points may have had something to do with it. They weren't much better defensively the rest of the year either. So he basically fired himself after the SB? He won't accept mediocrity in himself?

Comment

Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post
                  Being 5-3 at mid-season, and giving up boatloads of yards/points may have had something to do with it. They weren't much better defensively the rest of the year either. So he basically fired himself after the SB? He won't accept mediocrity in himself?
                  I demand excellence from myself and those around me. Paul Brown, Vince Lombardi, or fill in with the great coach of your choice.

We have to get better. Marvin Lewis
                  Dona eis Requiem

Comment

Working...
                  X