Wide Receivers 2016

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BengalCP9 View Post
    Like everybody keeps saying, they need a deep threat. We just need a guy who can flat-out run and catch the ball deep. Find that guy with AJ and a healthy Eifert......Super Bowl. Boyd was a huge reach. You can find guys like him a dime a dozen. We should have traded and gotten Will Fuller.
    I don't see why Cody Core can't be that guy. Of course if another option falls to us in the draft, I'd be fine with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Ray View Post
      I don't see why Cody Core can't be that guy. Of course if another option falls to us in the draft, I'd be fine with that.
      Core runs an average 4.47 40 yd dash. Not slow, but not elite.

Comment

Core runs an average 4.47 40 yd dash. Not slow, but not elite.
        AJ Green ran a 4.5

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/...een?id=2495450

Marvin Jones was 4.46

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/...nes?id=2532884

What's your beef?

Comment

After seeing Williams last night, I wouldn't be upset at all if we took him with our pick. Great skill set at WR.....

Comment

Originally posted by sandwedge View Post
            After seeing Williams last night, I wouldn't be upset at all if we took him with our pick. Great skill set at WR.....
            Sadly he reminds me a lot of the kid from OSU that the Jets drafted a couple years ago, Devin Smith, who hasn't lived up to expectations.

Out of anyone in that game last night, the guy I would want is OJ Howard, but the Bengals already have enough TEs.

Comment

The beef is that 4.47 and 4.5 are required/average speed for wide receivers. Calvin Johnson ran a 4.35 40 yd dash, Randy Moss ran a 4.25 40 yd dash, and Julio Junes runs a 4.39. AJ Green is a great all-around WR with amazing hands and body control who will burn you deep. But he is not a true "burner" like the other guys. Jerry Rice ran a 4.6 or 4.7, Jerry was a route runner and caught everything that came his way in a west coast timing offense.

You just cannot coach speed. As fictional character Mickey Goldmill once said "We need speed. Speed's what we need. Greasy, fast speed!" ..... Well, speed and the ability to play: see Mario Alford.

Comment

those low times are fake numbers , run by a track trained and coached player in shorts, track shoes, totally rested and in best possible conditions.

Comment

The beef is that 4.47 and 4.5 are required/average speed for wide receivers. Calvin Johnson ran a 4.35 40 yd dash, Randy Moss ran a 4.25 40 yd dash, and Julio Junes runs a 4.39. AJ Green is a great all-around WR with amazing hands and body control who will burn you deep. But he is not a true "burner" like the other guys. Jerry Rice ran a 4.6 or 4.7, Jerry was a route runner and caught everything that came his way in a west coast timing offense.

You just cannot coach speed. As fictional character Mickey Goldmill once said "We need speed. Speed's what we need. Greasy, fast speed!" ..... Well, speed and the ability to play: see Mario Alford.
                  I'm all for a burner. If we can grab one in April, do it. But I do think CC can stretch the field like M Jones did. CC's weakness is route running and that CAN be coached.

I don't think Mike Williams will run an impressive 40 time at the combine and he'll arguably be the first WR taken

Comment

Working...
                  X