X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://overthecap.com/compensatory-d...llation-chart/
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

What if the Bengals trade McCarron and Jeremy Hill and end up with two first round picks total... and use their top 10 pick on Fournette???

Comment

Firstt round RB? No thanks

Comment

Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
          Firstt round RB? No thanks
          Fournette for 5 years on a rookie deal? To go with Gio? Are you kidding?

Comment

Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
            No i am not kidding. RB's have short life spans and subject to injuries. Want to use high picks on 10 year players not 5.

Comment

Very much agreed.
              "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

Trent Richardson was a can't miss RB. No to early first round RB's

Comment

Originally posted by Super Cat View Post
                  Trent Richardson was a can't miss RB. No to early first round RB's
                  Let's not forget Ki-Jana Carter and Chris Perry.

Comment

Oh I can play this game... and Ladanian Thomlinson and Ezekiel Elliot. Come on let's have some fun...

OF COURSE THERE ARE GUYS THAT DON'T WORK OUT... but that's true at any position, and for God's sake this is the NFL where it is rare you draft a guy and he stays with your team for 10 years and doesn't leave on a huge contract after his rookie one.

Maybe instead we need a Levi Jones? Or how about a Reinard Wilson? A Kieth Rivers? I know...John Copeland! Let's draft another John Copeland!
                    Last edited by Lewdog; 01-05-2017, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Levi Jones wasn't too bad. Nobody would give a number one pick for Jeremy Hill, lol. Maybe the Browns.....they can have him.

Either way with McCarron we win. We can make a demand and stick to it. McCarron will be a restricted free agent in 2018. If a team wants him, they'll have to pay him and provide a first round pick. The first round pick tender for McCarron is $3.6 million dollars. So if a team wants him, they need to work out a contract and give us a first round pick. No brainer here. A back-up for $3.6 million dollars or a first round pick.

Comment

Originally posted by BengalCP9 View Post
                        Levi Jones wasn't too bad. Nobody would give a number one pick for Jeremy Hill, lol. Maybe the Browns.....they can have him.

Either way with McCarron we win. We can make a demand and stick to it. McCarron will be a restricted free agent in 2018. If a team wants him, they'll have to pay him and provide a first round pick. The first round pick tender for McCarron is $3.6 million dollars. So if a team wants him, they need to work out a contract and give us a first round pick. No brainer here. A back-up for $3.6 million dollars or a first round pick.
                        I wasn't saying to get a #1 pick for Hill alone. The Bengals are going to have a ton of picks...

Comment

I would rather have a bunch of picks than a higher pick....if you have more picks, your % of getting a contributor significantly goes up. Last year's draft, we didn't get anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by BengalCP9 View Post
                            I would rather have a bunch of picks than a higher pick....if you have more picks, your % of getting a contributor significantly goes up. Last year's draft, we didn't get anyone.
                            We didn't get anyone? You can't discount getting WJIII and Billings just because of injuries. That happens and they'll be back. Boyd played a lot and put up stats better than Sanu and not far off from Jones, Vigil played a lot for a Marvin rookie, Cody Core showed a lot of promise, Fejedelem played a lot of special teams... Westerman is the only guy that didn't really do anything. To say the Bengals didn't get anything out of the 2016 draft is silly.

Comment

Yes he is eligible... and I forgot about Leon Hall. I wonder what the cap on picks can be? Seems like the Bengals have 4-5 guys that could be worth picks.
                              Reggie Nelson to Oakland
                              Marvin Jones to Detroit
                              Mohammed Sanu to Atlanta
                              Emmanuel Lamur to Minnesota
                              Andre Smith to Minnesota
                              Wallace Gilberry to Detroit

I think that they put the cap at 4 picks so maybe numbers 4 and 5 combine from a couple of 6th round level comps to one 5th round comp?
                              Last edited by Pre_hungover; 01-05-2017, 12:50 AM.
                              Only users lose drugs

Comment

Originally posted by Pre_hungover View Post
                                Reggie Nelson to Oakland
                                Marvin Jones to Detroit
                                Mohammed Sanu to Atlanta
                                Emmanuel Lamur to Minnesota
                                Andre Smith to Minnesota
                                Wallace Gilberry to Detroit

I think that they put the cap at 4 picks so maybe numbers 4 and 5 combine from a couple of 6th round level comps to one 5th round comp?
                                I'm going to take a make a conservative prediction given how the NFL likes to treat the Bengals.

Nelson - 4th (Should be a third based on the combination of contract and performance, but the contract wasn't high enough for the NFL to actually give them one.)
                                Jones - 4th
                                Sanu - 5th
                                Hall - 7th

Since the NFL only gives out 32 comp picks total, the Bengals might not even get that 7th.

Comment

Working...
                                X