Andy Dalton-- Pro-Bowl performance was typical

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy Dalton-- Pro-Bowl performance was typical

Andy Dalton performed in typical Andy Dalton fashion at the Pro-Bowl. 10-12, 100 yards, 1 TD and 1 Int. Actually, he completed 11 of 12. Unfortunately, one of those completions was to Richard Sherman. And, in typical 2016 form, Dalton got zero help from his OL. At least of all the Pro-Bowl QBs, he put up the most points-- 10.
    Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

Ralph: not that I even knew which Bengals were participants, or for that matter, who were the other team's participants...but:

With the nature of what this Harlem Globetotters annual farce of an alleged game is concerned...

Were you the only person who actually watched it?
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

I watched it b/c it gave me one last look at the men in black and orange for the next 6 months. It was actually a good game as far as Pro Bowls go. At least it wasn't a "Madden-esque" pinball game with scores occurring every drive. All in all, our Bengals acquitted themselves quite well. Geno should have been Defensive MVP. He has 1.5 sacks at 2 crucial points in the game, and Dalton should have been Offensive MVP. Don't know how Kelce won that award.
      Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

Comment

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...s-arm-strength
        Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

I have never understood this myth that Andy has no arm strength. Sitting in the stadium in the lower level, I have seen his throws on sideline routes which were basically right at me. They arrived in a hurry--sometimes before the defender could even get his hands out reached. Have also seen long throws drop neatly into AJ's hands in full gallop.

But I would say that, even better than cannon-arm strength, is his accuracy. That has advanced quantomly over the years--to where I would put him there with anyone of the supposed "elite" QB's.

Still, glad to see the continued rise in his overall game.
          "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

I pretty much agree but he also needs to be more consistent with his mechanics (and yes in bigger games). When he gets off his mechanics he is very wold with his throws. He has shown he can be very accurate for sure. If that improves, it will help the team immensely. NOT helping his mechanics will be poor OL play as he wont have the chance to consistently set up.

Comment

and he's only going to continue to get better, he's just now hitting the prime of his career.....plus, I'm sure that with the way he played last year with no o-line, no running game and no Eifert or Green for big parts of the season really skyrocketed his confidence as well.

he might not be in the same class as Ben, Brady, Rodgers or Ryan but he's definitely closed the gap and will only get better with age for the next few years, IMO .
              potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
              QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
              OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

At the very least no one can say he has not made a 100% effort to maximize his abilities.

Comment

What exasperates me about Dalton is when he continually attempts to throw over defensive lines without success. Baltimore and Pitts puke immediately come to mind. Granted, it COULD be the play calling, but with check-downs, he should be able to avoid multiple pass blocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post
                    I have never understood this myth that Andy has no arm strength. Sitting in the stadium in the lower level, I have seen his throws on sideline routes which were basically right at me. They arrived in a hurry--sometimes before the defender could even get his hands out reached. Have also seen long throws drop neatly into AJ's hands in full gallop.

But I would say that, even better than cannon-arm strength, is his accuracy. That has advanced quantomly over the years--to where I would put him there with anyone of the supposed "elite" QB's.

That's because 90% of people do not understand what arm strength is. All NFL QBs can huck the rock 60 yards plus. That has nothing to wild arm strength. You hit it on the head, it's the zip on the ball when you throw it out to the sidelines.
                    Nothing wrong with Andy's accuracy. The other thing I don't get is, the people that say he panics when under pressure. 2 years ago against KC was a great example of "not panicking". The play was breaking down, Andy was mic'ed up, and he is telling Gio to look for the ball. He flips it to him underneath for a good gain.

Comment

Originally posted by furnbuff View Post
                      What exasperates me about Dalton is when he continually attempts to throw over defensive lines without success. Baltimore and Pitts puke immediately come to mind. Granted, it COULD be the play calling, but with check-downs, he should be able to avoid multiple pass blocks.
                      some of that goes on the OL too. if the center of the pocket doesnt get pushed back theres a better chance of the pass not being blocked.

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker57 View Post
                        some of that goes on the OL too. if the center of the pocket doesnt get pushed back theres a better chance of the pass not being blocked.
                        and some of the credit has to go to the d-lineman that's getting his hands on the ball as well.....some guys just have a knack for getting their hands up at the perfect moment....Carlos Dunlap is a prime example of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post

Once you're labeled in the sports world, it's impossible to lose the tag. Dusty Baker, e.g., was known as the guy who let his Chicago starters stay in games too many innings, thereby ruining the arms and careers of Mark Prior and Kerry Wood and others...never mind that there wasn't a shred of evidence to back it up, he had been slimed with that particular rep, and when he came to Cincinnati hysteria was everywhere.

Andy Dalton, somewhere along the line, has been pegged as a noodle-armed QB, and nothing will change it...nothing...not even reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker57 View Post

I guess, what I was trying to say is, I don't see any other QB's repeatedly getting throws knocked down at the L.O.S. In typical Bengal fashion, we just seem to do things that other teams manage to avoid. Is it coaching? The O-Line? Andy? Bengal teams always seem to have traits, and they ain't always good ones.

Comment

Originally posted by furnbuff View Post
                              I guess, what I was trying to say is, I don't see any other QB's repeatedly getting throws knocked down at the L.O.S.
                              then apparently you haven't been paying much attention to any of the other QB's around the league.

hell all you have to do is watch our own d-lineman, they routinely knock down 2-3 passes every game....doesn't matter if they're playing big Ben, Aaron Rodgers or Cody Kessler, they always seem to manage to get a few of them knocked down.

Comment

Working...
                              X