Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what's up Bengals peeps!? Draft season has arrived...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
    Actually they are, the DoJ just indicted 4 people, 2 of which is Russian Sercie agents of being responsible for the Yahoo hack.
    I see allegory has not made the expected impact here.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

• Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post
      I see allegory has not made the expected impact here.

Hey, you are the one that brought the Ruskies into this! Please tell me you aren't a Trumpbot... ok enough Politics!

Comment

• You often have a way too literal way of thinking there, Lew. But I am sure you got the nuance of it all.

Respectfully,
        Jay Carney

(OK...you are right, no more outside of football stuff)
        "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

• Originally posted by spicoli View Post
          I'm definitely not a big fan of Williams....that being said though, I can't see any way possible he slides all the way down to 30.
          Mike Williams clocks unofficial 40 in 4.5 range at pro day

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...w-articleshare

Just saying . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by #1 italian fan View Post
            Mike Williams clocks unofficial 40 in 4.5 range at pro day

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...w-articleshare

Just saying . . .
            he ran a 4.58 and a 4.56, IMO he's Anquan Boldin 2.0....not that Boldin wasn't a good player, you just don't take that guy #9 overall, IMO.

I just don't see him getting much separation from NFL corners and you can only jump up and over them so many times.
            potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
            QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
            OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

• #1 italian...OJ Howard is a much better overall player...if you really want a playmaker on offense to go with AJ and Eifert, Howard is the guy Bengal fans should really be focusing on....6'6 250lb legit deep threats don't come around too often.

Gil Brandt @Gil_Brandt

Talked to scout at Clemson pro day, had 2 comments: >> Watson had pretty good day >> Mike Williams didn't run as fast as what most think

Daniel Jeremiah @MoveTheSticks

According to a scout at Clemson today-- Mike Williams ran 4.58 & 4.56

Charles Robinson @CharlesRobinson

#Clemson WR Mike Williams legitimately ran pro day 40 in 4.56-4.59 range. Better than expected. Likely cements him as top WR on most boards.

Jared Smola‏#@SmolaDS#

Mike Williams gets Dez Bryant and Mike Evans comps. But also this: "Thing that worries me, I don’t see him separating from people.”

Comment

• Except if we drafted OJ, we would then NOT re-sign Eifert because 'you can't have two expensive tight ends' and then we are still the hamster on the wheel. OJ might be the BPA at that point but if he was i would suggest trading down.
                Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

#1 italian...OJ Howard is a much better overall player...if you really want a playmaker on offense to go with AJ and Eifert, Howard is the guy Bengal fans should really be focusing on....6'6 250lb legit deep threats don't come around too often.
                  and i like OJ Howard very very much because he can not only receive but also block and help our green OT ... but if he and thomas are not there at #9, we have to choose between Reddick, Williams and maybe davis (i don't like barnett)

I C DeadPeople, eifert is too injury prone, so i think we have to salute him next year

Comment

• Originally posted by #1 italian fan View Post
                    i don't like barnett
                    me neither

Comment

• Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
                      Except if we drafted OJ, we would then NOT re-sign Eifert because 'you can't have two expensive tight ends' and then we are still the hamster on the wheel. OJ might be the BPA at that point but if he was i would suggest trading down.
                      My sentiment exactly.

It's one thing to call a guy like that "insurance" in case Eifert leaves, but in reality it's not insurance, it becomes what forces him out the door. As we saw this year... if we had never drafted Ogbuehi, don't you think Whit would still be here?

Comment

he ran a 4.58 and a 4.56, IMO he's Anquan Boldin 2.0....not that Boldin wasn't a good player, you just don't take that guy #9 overall, IMO.

I just don't see him getting much separation from NFL corners and you can only jump up and over them so many times.
                        Gil Brandt has him at 4.51 and 4.53. Granted, sometimes pro day times are adjusted because they're on "fast" tracks, etc. But still. I'm not that interested in taking any WR in the first round this year, but if we did I would be happy with Williams.

Comment

• Looking at a kicker:

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/3/17...ez-asu-pro-day

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengali View Post
                            My sentiment exactly.

It's one thing to call a guy like that "insurance" in case Eifert leaves, but in reality it's not insurance, it becomes what forces him out the door. As we saw this year... if we had never drafted Ogbuehi, don't you think Whit would still be here?
                            What is the difference between drafting a WR and a TE that could spread the offense? They both cost the same, actually very little for 5 years. The only reason to let Eifert walk is if they think he is too injury prone.
                            I don't see why we couldn't run a two tight end set. Either tight end could move to the slot or they could stay in a tight formation.

Comment

• Why would anyone let Eifert walk? Gronk is injury prone...

Comment

• We are already developing 2 other TE's - we impact players on D or the OL. Not to mention, I have little faith that Zampese can develop a elite offense plan. He is a ML puppet who will want to grind it out (but without an effective OL).

Comment

Working...
                                X