Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what's up Bengals peeps!? Draft season has arrived...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by #1 italian fan View Post
    I agree completely ... just a question, with same grade: it's better a LB or a DE?
    I think LB is out at 9 now....best playmaker available regardless of position has to be the goal.
    potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
    QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
    OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

• Originally posted by spicoli View Post
      I think LB is out at 9 now....best playmaker available regardless of position has to be the goal.
      I was thinking in the second round but we have Kevin Minter in the squad now ...

Comment

• The Panthers and Bengals offensive line coaches spent a lot of time with Taylor Moton at his pro day. - Tony Pauline, DraftAnalyst.com

Both teams have obvious needs for tackles, and Moton is sixth in our 2017 NFL Draft Offensive Tackle Prospect Rankings. -Walter

aylor Moton, OT/G, Western Michigan
        Height: 6-5. Weight: 330. Arm: 33.13. Hand: 10.75.
        Projected 40 Time: 5.00.
        Projected Round (2017): 3-4.
        3/2/17: Moton was a solid offensive lineman for the Broncos the past few seasons and turned in a quality senior year at right tackle. Western Michigan has had a superb offense with a dynamic aerial attack for a few years, and Moton's pass protection contributed to that. Moton played right tackle as a sophomore before moving to right guard as a junior.

Moton played well at the Senior Bowl. He is tough at the point of attack with strength in the ground game. For the NFL, Moton has versatile size and could be a player who is a valuable competitor at guard or tackle early in his NFL career. Right guard or right tackle could be his best position in the long term.

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2017O...8pwSL5K0D1o.99
        Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

• Moton is supposedly getting a lot of love right now from quite a few teams, curious to see where he ends up grading out at.....I always thought he'd go in R3 but the second round now might be a real possibility.

Comment

Moton is supposedly getting a lot of love right now from quite a few teams, curious to see where he ends up grading out at.....I always thought he'd go in R3 but the second round now might be a real possibility.
            the beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Comment

• Originally posted by #1 italian fan View Post
              the beauty is in the eye of the beholder
              Unfortunately, Paul Alexander is the beholder in our teams case.

Comment

• Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
                Unfortunately, Paul Alexander is the beholder in our teams case.

Comment

• TJ Snedden @TjSnedden
                  @NDTScouting How could Derek Barnett be a top 5 pick right after the season, and now fall in the 20's? Are people over thinking him?

Kyle Crabbs‏ @NDTScouting
                  Not in my opinion. Think people saw production and splash plays but didn't do their full HW on his strengths/weaknesses. 20's is good value

Comment

• Moton climbing due to the low number of RT prospects. I looked at some of his games in Feb and he looked slow. Then he put up good numbers at the combine. I think he's a good RG prospect with RT possibility. Someone may reach but I see low round 2.

With Barnett, I think its foolish to ignore production. He ran a little slow at the combine; my guess he run faster at his pro day on the 31st and will start creeping up again.

Comment

• Originally posted by puddycat View Post
                      Moton climbing due to the low number of RT prospects. I looked at some of his games in Feb and he looked slow. Then he put up good numbers at the combine. I think he's a good RG prospect with RT possibility. Someone may reach but I see low round 2.

With Barnett, I think its foolish to ignore production. He ran a little slow at the combine; my guess he run faster at his pro day on the 31st and will start creeping up again.
                      I looked at some of Moton's tape too and came to exactly the same conclusion you did. Heavy footed, and that was even at a lower level of competition. Powerful dude though.

I've watched even more of Barnett, and came to the opposite conclusion. Granted, he got double teamed a lot and teams often ran away from him, but he doesn't do anything special. A few highlight plays that were fluky, like tipping a pass to himself for an INT, but you can't project those kind of things. He might just be a guy who developed physically at a really young age and thus dominated other amateur athletes, but doesn't have much more room for development. Shortish arms, not real big or fast. Definitely not twitchy.

Comment

• I think any pass rusher in this draft that isn't named Garrett, Allen or Thomas would be a pretty big reach at 9....guys like a Taco Charlton, Derek Barnett, Charles Harris, Tak McKinley are all gonna grade out pretty similarly and they're all fringe top 20 prospects at best, IMO.

I really believe the Bengals are thinking best playmaker available when they get on the clock which mean guys like Hooker, Adams, Howard, Ross, Williams, Davis, Cook, McCaffrey, and I guess you'd even have to throw Jabril Peppers in there as well (even though I can't stand him).

Comment

• The trick for us in terms of projecting the pick (and other picks) is to try and predict which players the Bengals feel are a good fit for their system. So, someone could be #20 on one teams board but #10 on another teams board.

Comment

• Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
                            The trick for us in terms of projecting the pick (and other picks) is to try and predict which players the Bengals feel are a good fit for their system. So, someone could be #20 on one teams board but #10 on another teams board.
                            well that's the trick for any fanbase isn't it?

that being said, as the process plays itself out you can get a pretty good feel as to what range most of these guys will fall in and the feeling I'm getting when I really dig into it is that teams don't view Taco Charlton and Derek Barnett as top 10 picks, which pretty much lumps them in with guys like McKinley and Harris......the Bengals are always about the BPA in regards to the draft and as I look at this class, I don't see any way possible that one of those pass rushers will be the best player on the board.....there's just too much skill position (WR/RB/TE/CB) talent that's going to be sitting there to reach for one of those pass rushers, IMO.

Comment

well that's the trick for any fanbase isn't it?

that being said, as the process plays itself out you can get a pretty good feel as to what range most of these guys will fall in and the feeling I'm getting when I really dig into it is that teams don't view Taco Charlton and Derek Barnett as top 10 picks, which pretty much lumps them in with guys like McKinley and Harris......the Bengals are always about the BPA in regards to the draft and as I look at this class, I don't see any way possible that one of those pass rushers will be the best player on the board.....there's just too much skill position (WR/RB/TE/CB) talent that's going to be sitting there to reach for one of those pass rushers, IMO.
                              Most fan bases just rank players in general skill terms and do not rank them in terms of 'fit'. This becomes more prominent after round 1 when there is far more separation on teams boards. I could see the Bengals ranking Barnett, for example, as a top 10 player IF he fits there desire for those tall leaner DE's. But I do not believe he fits that 'mold' that they like.

Comment

• http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ith-top15-pick

Time for rumor season to start up..

Comment

Working...
                                X