Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what's up Bengals peeps!? Draft season has arrived...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd trade Dalton to Houston for their #1 and make McCarron the starter.
    Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

Comment

• Originally posted by ralphmtsu View Post
      I'd trade Dalton to Houston for their #1 and make McCarron the starter.
      lol you better get a helluva lot more than that for Andy Dalton....their first two picks this year and a first again next year would probably be a more viable starting point.
      potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
      QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
      OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengali View Post
        Since Romo is retiring might Houston come after McCarron? I would if I were them. However, they were probably going to take a QB high even if they had signed Romo, so if they're comfortable with that there's no reason to trade for a guy. Unless they're certain he's the future.
        I still say McCarron to the J-E-T-S for Sheldon Richardson and a mid round pick will happen at some point this year.....makes too much sense on both sides for it not to happen, IMO.

Comment

• Compensation aside, I would look to trade Dalton and stick AJ in there and draft another QB high this year or next. We are going nowhere with Dalton IMO.
          Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

• he's one of the better QB's in the league not named Ryan, Rapistberger, Rodgers or Brady...he proved that last year IMO.

you can't hold him responsible for all of the playoff losses and you can't hold him responsible for last years w/l record either....he might not be able to carry a team like the 4 I mentioned, but in no way does that make him a bad NFL starting QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengali View Post
              Just came up with this mock at the Fanspeak on the clock draft simulator:

1. Jonathan Allen, DE, Alabama
              2. Raekwon McMillan, ILB, Ohio State
              3. Zay Jones, WR, East Carolina
              4. Julie'n Davenport, OT, Bucknell (rumors abound he'll go day 2. Adam Bisnowaty and Connor McDermott were still there though).
              4b. Kareem Hunt, RB, Toledo
              5a. Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State (I don't really think he makes it this far).
              5b. Jermaine Eluemunor, G, Texas A&M (or Jon Toth)
              6a. Kieonta Davis, DE, Chattanooga (don't think he's there either)
              6b. D.J. Jones, DT, Ole Miss (ditto)
              7a. Jeremy Clark, CB/S, Michigan
              7b. Steven Taylor, OLB, Houston

Not the most realistic scenario but move some guys around, and for my money it's just about the only way we can round out the roster save for a McCarron trade.
              Zay Jones @ 3? Is this realistic. I felt he may go end of 1st beginning of 2nd. Did he really jump this far up the board?

Comment

• Originally posted by spicoli View Post
                he's one of the better QB's in the league not named Ryan, Rapistberger, Rodgers or Brady...he proved that last year IMO.

you can't hold him responsible for all of the playoff losses and you can't hold him responsible for last years w/l record either....he might not be able to carry a team like the 4 I mentioned, but in no way does that make him a bad NFL starting QB.
                Ryan is new to the respect list, I'd still add Brees to that list also. Ryan choked quite a bit for quite awhile and finally got a solid offense around him, hmmm kind of like Dalton in 2015 before his injury.
                Only users lose drugs

Comment

he's one of the better QB's in the league not named Ryan, Rapistberger, Rodgers or Brady...he proved that last year IMO.

He crapped his pants as much as anyone in the playoff losses. We are going nowhere in the playoffs with him at QB. If we truly want to win, I would seek a better option. It won't happen but I would do so.
                  Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

• Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
                    He crapped his pants as much as anyone in the playoff losses. We are going nowhere in the playoffs with him at QB. If we truly want to win, I would seek a better option. It won't happen but I would do so.
                    c'mon man, he's gotten better every single year he's been in the league, you can't really ask for more than that....and he's still got at least 5 good years in front of him.

the Dalton I saw last year had no fear of any situation he found himself in.....the fact that he couldn't prove it in the playoffs isn't on him.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again....Andy Dalton is the absolute LEAST of this teams worries.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCStripes View Post
                      Zay Jones @ 3? Is this realistic. I felt he may go end of 1st beginning of 2nd. Did he really jump this far up the board?
                      3rd round?

Comment

• Bengals will draft either Chad Kelly from Ole Miss in the 5th round or later, or I think they take a chance on the kid Dobbs from Tennessee late. They are going to be looking for low cost high reward potential guys to replace McCarron.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
                          Bengals will draft either Chad Kelly from Ole Miss in the 5th round or later, or I think they take a chance on the kid Dobbs from Tennessee late. They are going to be looking for low cost high reward potential guys to replace McCarron.
                          completely agree

on pure talent, I'm kinda hoping it's Dobbs but you can't question Kelly's moxie.....reminds me a lot of McCarron in that way actually.

McCarron for Sheldon Richardson WILL happen.

Comment

completely agree

on pure talent, I'm kinda hoping it's Dobbs but you can't question Kelly's moxie.....reminds me a lot of McCarron in that way actually.

Some people that are pretty good at evaluating talent say that they see a lot of Dak Prescott in Dobbs. Dobbs isn't quite as polished or game ready, but could get there.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCStripes View Post
                              No, I don't think he'll still be there in the third. It was based on the CBS board, which still doesn't have him as highly rated as it should. But I selected him there anyway, because even if he goes higher some other very good WR will be there. Like Godwin perhaps. Actually I don't even think Jones will be there at 41, and would be glad to pick him there if he was.

that's why I said I didn't think the mock was realistic. I just liked the looks of it.

Comment

completely agree

I think you're dreaming brother. I might've thought that would happen before the JETS signed McCown for 6 million (how that guy keeps getting gigs is beyond me). They'd only trade for McCarron if they were sure he's starting quality (and if they don't think that they won't offer enough), in which case they wouldn't sign an over the hill vet. That shows me their strategy is stop-gap veteran and a rookie. This rumor has no legs in my opinion.

I think the only possibilities are Houston, Cleveland, SF or Washington (if they trade Cousins). And I'd still put odds on a McCarron trade at all at less than 50%. Like 30%. If we don't trade him, I really doubt we draft a QB. If we do trade him, I think we'll sign a guy like Blaine Gabbert or Christian Ponder, and then maybe draft a guy late if the opportunity presents itself (I like Dobbs as a career backup too).

Comment

Working...
                                X