Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what's up Bengals peeps!? Draft season has arrived...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap30...ommondraft-era
    They rank all of the #1 overall picks. I might rearrange a few but I think that they did alright. A few Bengals in there, Carter, Wilkinson and Palmer.
    Only users lose drugs

Comment

• Irving Fryar (21) would have been a Bengal, but the wheeling/dealing PB got three first round picks instead that year.

And the shortest bio on the list was (6). Wonder why?

Oh well, just goes to show how hit and miss the supposed "premium picks" really are.
      "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

• Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
        Compensation aside, I would look to trade Dalton and stick AJ in there and draft another QB high this year or next. We are going nowhere with Dalton IMO.
        Lol.
        "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

• Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post
          Irving Fryar (21) would have been a Bengal, but the wheeling/dealing PB got three first round picks instead that year.

And the shortest bio on the list was (6). Wonder why?

Oh well, just goes to show how hit and miss the supposed "premium picks" really are.
          Notice how they chose a pic with blood on his pants?

I totally forgot that George Rogers was a #1 overall pick. I loved watching him run the football before injuries took over. Jim Plunkett was another one I forgot was a #1. Damn he was good as a Raider.
          Only users lose drugs

Comment

• Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post
            Lol.
            Not sure why my post was funny to some. What evidence have that the ML/Andy choke team can break the trend? At the very least, Andy can't carry a team, he can ride it but can't carry it. Good teams look for elite QB's and wont stop until they find one. I see no reason why we should not do the same. oh wait, i do a reason, Mikey is comfortable with Dalton.
            Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

• Drew Brees got ran out of San Diego with the exact same type of short sighted thinking. Then, this weak armed, loser of a QB went from Marty ball to Sean Payton. Hmmmmm.

Edited to add:
              Don't forget that the Bengals don't run crossing routes so whatever QB you get here is going to have to overcome that. Take away crossing routes from Brady and he probably has zero rings.

Coaching.
              Last edited by Pre_hungover; 04-06-2017, 01:03 PM.
              Only users lose drugs

Comment

Not sure why my post was funny to some. What evidence have that the ML/Andy choke team can break the trend? At the very least, Andy can't carry a team, he can ride it but can't carry it. Good teams look for elite QB's and wont stop until they find one. I see no reason why we should not do the same. oh wait, i do a reason, Mikey is comfortable with Dalton.
                has it really not occurred to you that not only has Dalton gotten better every year he's been in the league, he will continue to get better as he goes along?

ever stop to consider that maybe, just maybe, Andy Dalton is developing into an elite QB right before our very eyes?

like it or not, this team is set at QB and have no reason whatsoever to go searching for another one unless they trade McCarron and are in need of another backup.

never understood the Dalton bias here, he came into the league needing to be developed and that's exactly what's happened....and now that he's developed people want to get rid of him lol....SMDH.
                potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
                QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
                OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

• Originally posted by Pre_hungover View Post
                  Drew Brees got ran out of San Diego with the exact same type of short sighted thinking. Then, this weak armed, loser of a QB went from Marty ball to Sean Payton. Hmmmmm.

Edited to add:
                  Don't forget that the Bengals don't run crossing routes so whatever QB you get here is going to have to overcome that. Take away crossing routes from Brady and he probably has zero rings.

Coaching.
                  Drew Brees lost 4 straight playoff games before being run out of SD...hmmmm..

I know Marvin is a worse issue but between them we have zero chance to win anything significant

Comment

• Originally posted by spicoli View Post
                    has it really not occurred to you that not only has Dalton gotten better every year he's been in the league, he will continue to get better as he goes along?

ever stop to consider that maybe, just maybe, Andy Dalton is developing into an elite QB right before our very eyes?

like it or not, this team is set at QB and have no reason whatsoever to go searching for another one unless they trade McCarron and are in need of another backup.

never understood the Dalton bias here, he came into the league needing to be developed and that's exactly what's happened....and now that he's developed people want to get rid of him lol....SMDH.
                    No
                    No
                    He has chocked under pressure..sorry..reality bites. You could say Marvin has 'developed' as a HC as well then? Dalton is what he is, he cannot carry a team like an elite guy can. Not blaming him, just spouting facts. We are set at QB if yopu want to continue to be average

Comment

No
                      No
                      He has chocked under pressure..sorry..reality bites. You could say Marvin has 'developed' as a HC as well then? Dalton is what he is, he cannot carry a team like an elite guy can. Not blaming him, just spouting facts. We are set at QB if yopu want to continue to be average
                      good points, only a few things to consider

1) the browns ( like other teams)have been searching for elite qb for years upon year ( since kosar?) rather then taking a 10-15 rated qb and fixing anything else they need. so how many other positions would be stronger if they would have used those picks there.

2) this is the bengals, what is the realistic chance if we did stumble on a elite QB in the draft that he would be here after 5 years ( thats only if we draft him in the 1st round)? even with Daltons decent contract they wont spend crap on a OL to support him. so we get a possible elite qb killed and Klingerize another one?

i think there are better qb then Dalton, but for the bengals i just dont see them paying to keep a rookie if he survives the 1st couple years of learning ( even payton manning sucked his 1st year) they aint going to get one off free agency we all know that. now i am not saying dont try to get another solid (yet hopefully elite) in the later rounds. but dont roll the dice on a QB in the 1st 100 picks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stryker57 View Post
                        good points, only a few things to consider

1) the browns ( like other teams)have been searching for elite qb for years upon year ( since kosar?) rather then taking a 10-15 rated qb and fixing anything else they need. so how many other positions would be stronger if they would have used those picks there.

2) this is the bengals, what is the realistic chance if we did stumble on a elite QB in the draft that he would be here after 5 years ( thats only if we draft him in the 1st round)? even with Daltons decent contract they wont spend crap on a OL to support him. so we get a possible elite qb killed and Klingerize another one?

i think there are better qb then Dalton, but for the bengals i just dont see them paying to keep a rookie if he survives the 1st couple years of learning ( even payton manning sucked his 1st year) they aint going to get one off free agency we all know that. now i am not saying dont try to get another solid (yet hopefully elite) in the later rounds. but dont roll the dice on a QB in the 1st 100 picks.

I fully understand Mike Brown - he simply wants to be 'in the mix' , comfortable and make money. And getting a better QB would still leave other issues for sure. We could have however picked a David Carr who looks better than Dalton already so drafting one with a high pick can make sense IF the risk/reward is justified. Hardest position to fill But my last point on the subject is - IF a team truly wants to win they should never stop seeking an elite QB. Look at the Seahawks - when Schneider and Carroll came on board they traded a high pick for Charlie Whitehurst - when that failed - they paid a lot for Flynn - when that failed they drafted Wilson - never stopped looking for 'the guy'.

Comment

Drew Brees lost 4 straight playoff games before being run out of SD...hmmmm..

I know Marvin is a worse issue but between them we have zero chance to win anything significant
                          Yeah, San Diego got rid of him and got their big important playoff wins with Rivers . . . meanwhile Brees is a Super Bowl winning QB that sets records. Who would you rather have? Brees or Rivers? Palmer got chased out of here and he later won playoff games with Arizona. Was he really terrible with Oakland or did he have better coaching/better roster in Arizona? You see a QB that should be replaced, I see a QB that got two coordinators head coaching positions.

I'll repeat it again, 31 NFL teams run crossing patterns on a regular basis and Cincy will rarely run a crossing route, partly because they don't have WRs that can run away from anybody but mostly due to poor coaching. I would guess that most third down and medium/long situations converted in the NFL are by crossing routes. This is not Dalton's fault, that is a head coaching problem.

This is what can happen when you drag a WR across the field. Everyone is covered tight but one guy.

Yes, I'll go ahead and say it. I miss Jay Gruden. That's how you help a QB(by the way, nice job for the rookie as he calmly hit his third read). Hue Jackson wanted the receivers to be like Chad and TJ, who were both outstanding route runners. Paraphrasing his ego, "Run the routes that I tell you to run and run them correctly and ME and my play calling will lead us to victory". Zampese really disappointed me last year because he is pretty much just using Hue's playbook, probably a Marvin call for continuity purposes. I'm hoping that he spent the off-season tinkering with a few plays
                          Only users lose drugs

Comment

• our gangsta Draft for this year

1 foster = vontaze
                            2 mixon = benson
                            3 zamora = henry

life is good or bad ... just like you pick

Comment

• Originally posted by #1 italian fan View Post
                              our gangsta Draft for this year

1 foster = vontaze
                              2 mixon = benson
                              3 zamora = henry

life is good or bad ... just like you pick
                              No. I do NOT want any fu cking player that thinks it is ok to abuse animals. That includes Cook and Zamora. They both can get hit by a bus for all I care. Abusing animals is cowardly and it is one of the signs of a sociopath for good reason.

Comment

• Zampese , so far, to me has been a much lesser OC than both Hue and Gruden. I have little faith in Zampese to be innovative and adjust during the game - much like ML really. I have far more faith in Guenther whom I think is baing handcuffed by ML.

Coaching, overall, remains an issue with this team.

Comment

Working...
                                X