Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what's up Bengals peeps!? Draft season has arrived...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the question of McCarron to Cleveland, I agree its risky and we should ask for a lot more from them than we would other teams. Ask for a lot and don't budge.

But I wouldn't totally rule it out. Think of it this way - Hue is going to get a QB somehow. They're either going to trade for Garopollo, get Tyrod Taylor somehow, or draft one. Are we so sure that McCarron would be so much better than those guys that we'd turn down an offer for him that we'd take if it was a different team? As Bengal fans I think there's a tendency to look at McCarron through rose colored glasses. I love him too, but we don't know for a fact that he'll be better than league average, necessarily.

If it was the 33rd pick, Kevin Hogan, and a 2018 conditional pick, where if McCarron turns out to be a stud we get a high pick, but if he's just a guy something much lower. Think about it.

Comment

I don't care what they offer, Mike Brown will NEVER do anything that might help out the Browns....no way, no how.
      potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
      QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
      OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

Originally posted by Bengali View Post
        Character problems, and my point is that he's a luxury we can't afford. Bringing on his 8 million (and then a FA) means we lose Kirkpatrick and don't sign a replacement, or we don't replace Zietler, or god forbid Whitworth. Can't have everything, so don't go after a character problem unless it's a position of need.
        I'd have no problem whatsoever trading Zeitler out for Richardson.....that's a win even if it is for just a year.

Atkins, Billings, Dunlap, Richardson and Clarke as you're first 5 guys on the DL....that would be flat out nasty.

Add a Malik McDowell, DeMarcus Walker or Charles Harris in r2 and watch out..

if you want another nose grab Louisville DT Deangelo Brown in the 4th....kid is a wrecking ball on legs.

Comment

Originally posted by spicoli View Post

not counting QB's, here's how I have the top 9 players ranked right now...

Jonathan Allen
          Myles Garrett
          Jamal Adams
          Solomon Thomas
          Leonard Fournette
          Malik Hooker
          Marshon Lattimore
          Reuben Foster
          Dalvin Cook

my top 8 mock for right now looks like...

1 Cleveland- Trubisky
          2 SF- Garrett
          3 Chicago- Watson
          4 Jacksonville- Allen
          5 Tennessee- Lattimore
          6 NY Jets- Fournette
          7 Chargers- Adams
          8 Carolina- Cook
          Just curious, how do you guys compile your rankings? I mean, if you're going to list your top guys in the country, wouldn't you have to watch every game of every team in the nation so you can make fair evaluations? Where do you get the time?

Comment

Originally posted by Maldez View Post
            Just curious, how do you guys compile your rankings? I mean, if you're going to list your top guys in the country, wouldn't you have to watch every game of every team in the nation so you can make fair evaluations? Where do you get the time?
            I have 3 or 4 guys out there that I really trust that have been pretty consistent throughout the years...I kinda compile mine based on their lists and whatever film I have time to watch, which is actually quite a bit in Feb and March.

unless you're doing it for a living like those guys are there's really not much else you can do....like you said, who's got that kind of time?

Comment

I have 3 or 4 guys out there that I really trust that have been pretty consistent throughout the years...I kinda compile mine based on their lists and whatever film I have time to watch, which is actually quite a bit in Feb and March.

unless you're doing it for a living like those guys are there's really not much else you can do....like you said, who's got that kind of time?
              Ah, that's kinda what I was thinking...I mean the real scouts have 100,000 times the information that we do on our couches, how could we possibly think we know better?

Comment

I know we need an impact defensive guy but if Fournette is available at 9 who would take him?
                Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

Winners
                  Jamal Adams, S, LSU: The pack leader squashed concerns about his speed with a solid performance in the 40-yard dash (4.56 seconds). In addition, Adams showed scouts he is far more athletic and explosive in drills than many anticipated. From his outstanding footwork and transitions in flip-and-turn drills to his fantastic burst in W-drills, Adams looks like more than a "box safety" on the turf. With the LSU star also killing it in meetings as a natural leader with a high football IQ, Adams is the alpha dog every team covets at the position.
                  Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
                    I know we need an impact defensive guy but if Fournette is available at 9 who would take him?
                    yeah I would for sure.....we have 3 yard per carry Hill, post surgery Gio and Ced Peerman right now, that's it.

bpa is bpa and if he's still there it's hard to see how he woldn't be the best player available.

that being said, he'll never make it to us.

Comment

Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
                      In a heart beat. The way I look at it, you would be getting a stud RB for the next 5 years under contract for cheaper than what a mid-tier free agent RB would be. It would also make it easier to resign a guy like Whitworth or Zeitler because you would be saving money for the next 5 years. It would mean however, that the Bengals need to cut out this non-sense of using Hewitt as an HB and go out and get a REAL FB to block for him on occasions. And no, Peko doesn't count as an occasional FB.

Comment

here's what sucks for us now...it looks like Trubisky and Fournette are gonna be the only offensive players drafted in the first 8 picks.

that means at best we'll be looking at drafting the 7th best defensive prospect unless we take OJ Howard or reach for a WR or OT.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
                          In a heart beat. The way I look at it, you would be getting a stud RB for the next 5 years under contract for cheaper than what a mid-tier free agent RB would be. It would also make it easier to resign a guy like Whitworth or Zeitler because you would be saving money for the next 5 years. It would mean however, that the Bengals need to cut out this non-sense of using Hewitt as an HB and go out and get a REAL FB to block for him on occasions. And no, Peko doesn't count as an occasional FB.
                          actually Hewitt does a very good job blocking when the OL dont miss their blocks at the point of attack and he's going one on a DL.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
                            Count me out of Fournette at #9. I don't think he produced when LSU played against the better defenses. He almost disappears. He runs to upright and will get crunched in the NFL. We're also talking about running behind our O-line..... I read some of the pro's and con's on him and one of his weakness was vision. Sounds like Hill's problems also.
                            Right now I think Reddick is our pick. I'm holding on to a slimmer of hope that this whole Foster fiasco was very overblown. Still think he is the best LBer coming out. I want a LBer that hits the snot out of people.

Comment

here's what sucks for us now...it looks like Trubisky and Fournette are gonna be the only offensive players drafted in the first 8 picks.

that means at best we'll be looking at drafting the 7th best defensive prospect unless we take OJ Howard or reach for a WR or OT.
                              Spicoli, I know you like Reddick also but do you think #9 is to high for him? My only concern about him and is the difference between him and Foster, is that I don't think I have ever seen him lay the wood to anyone. It's a small thing but we do play Pitt and Baltimore twice a year.

Comment

Originally posted by sandwedge View Post
                                Spicoli, I know you like Reddick also but do you think #9 is to high for him? My only concern about him and is the difference between him and Foster, is that I don't think I have ever seen him lay the wood to anyone. It's a small thing but we do play Pitt and Baltimore twice a year.
                                I don't think Reddick is a reach at all simply because he checks all the boxes.

I get that people might be apprehensive because he could be considered a "late riser" but it's not because of the typical reasons a guy might shoot up the draft boards late such as being a "workout warrior" or something like that....he just didn't really have a position for scouts to focus on much until he got to the Sr Bowl because he was so much better than everyone else on that Temple team they just put him in the spot that they thought he could wreak the most havoc for them which was as a 3-4 DE/OLB....all he did then was rack up 10 sacks and 24 tackles for loss....keep in mind he started off there playing DB and then they figured out what a freak he was.....when he got to the Sr Bowl they moved him to MLB and he was the best player on the field and showed that he was excellent in coverage and could get sideline to sideline with the best of them.....then he followed that up by testing off the charts at the combine and supposedly acing all of his interviews......I compare him very much to guys like Khalil Mack and Brian Urlacher who also played at small schools and were so much better than everybody else on the team coaches just put them in the spots that they thought they could do the most damage, Urlacher at S and LB and Mack at DL and LB.....I really believe Reddick has that type of potential.

Comment

Working...
                                X