Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what's up Bengals peeps!? Draft season has arrived...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spicoli View Post
    I don't think Reddick is a reach at all simply because he checks all the boxes.

I get that people might be apprehensive because he could be considered a "late riser" but it's not because of the typical reasons a guy might shoot up the draft boards late such as being a "workout warrior" or something like that....he just didn't really have a position for scouts to focus on much until he got to the Sr Bowl because he was so much better than everyone else on that Temple team they just put him in the spot that they thought he could wreak the most havoc for them which was as a 3-4 DE/OLB....all he did then was rack up 10 sacks and 24 tackles for loss....keep in mind he started off there playing DB and then they figured out what a freak he was.....when he got to the Sr Bowl they moved him to MLB and he was the best player on the field and showed that he was excellent in coverage and could get sideline to sideline with the best of them.....then he followed that up by testing off the charts at the combine and supposedly acing all of his interviews......I compare him very much to guys like Khalil Mack and Brian Urlacher who also played at small schools and were so much better than everybody else on the team coaches just put them in the spots that they thought they could do the most damage, Urlacher at S and LB and Mack at DL and LB.....I really believe Reddick has that type of potential.
    I saw his workout last weekend and was impressed. I have seen him everywhere in a lot of mock drafts but I don't think I have seen him in the top 10 in any of them. I would take him in rd1 and a edge rusher in rd2. But I'm just a fan, what do I know... If we could plug him in the middle and he plays like Urlacher, that would tremendous and huuuuuge!!

Comment

Originally posted by sandwedge View Post
      I saw his workout last weekend and was impressed. I have seen him everywhere in a lot of mock drafts but I don't think I have seen him in the top 10 in any of them.
      give it a week or two, he'll start creeping up the boards as all of the combine information gets sorted out and people go back and really watch his tape.
      potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
      QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
      OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

I don't think Reddick is a reach at all simply because he checks all the boxes.

I get that people might be apprehensive because he could be considered a "late riser" but it's not because of the typical reasons a guy might shoot up the draft boards late such as being a "workout warrior" or something like that....he just didn't really have a position for scouts to focus on much until he got to the Sr Bowl because he was so much better than everyone else on that Temple team they just put him in the spot that they thought he could wreak the most havoc for them which was as a 3-4 DE/OLB....all he did then was rack up 10 sacks and 24 tackles for loss....keep in mind he started off there playing DB and then they figured out what a freak he was.....when he got to the Sr Bowl they moved him to MLB and he was the best player on the field and showed that he was excellent in coverage and could get sideline to sideline with the best of them.....then he followed that up by testing off the charts at the combine and supposedly acing all of his interviews......I compare him very much to guys like Khalil Mack and Brian Urlacher who also played at small schools and were so much better than everybody else on the team coaches just put them in the spots that they thought they could do the most damage, Urlacher at S and LB and Mack at DL and LB.....I really believe Reddick has that type of potential.
        I agree with your point about "late risers" a hundred percent. They're not all guys who were unproductive. In fact "rising" implies that they were low at one point, and all we know is that he was low on the draft boards of the draft media. Actual NFL board are being assembled as we speak. The media caught on to him, but that's totally different than how NFL teams view him.

With that said, I don't like picking him at 9. You could get a similar guy in round 2... like Tyus Bowser. Jordan Willis, Trey Hendrickson, and Derek Rivers all knocked it out of the park. I now think Zach Cunningham will slip to round 2. Raekwon MacMillan could go ahead of him. Then tIhere's still TJ Watt and Jarad Davis. I don't mind the late riser tag, I just don't think it would be a savvy move.

Comment

I just wanted to point out that we happen to be followed in the draft order by 4 QB needy teams... Buffalo, Cleveland, New Orleans and Arizona. I could see any of them trading up to leapfrog Buffalo.

Comment

I'd have no problem whatsoever trading back as long as Hooker, Adams and Thomas are all off the board....if we get a chance at one of those 3 however, I'm sprinting to the podium.

probably pretty unlikely however.

Comment

I'd have no problem whatsoever trading back as long as Hooker, Adams and Thomas are all off the board....if we get a chance at one of those 3 however, I'm sprinting to the podium.

probably pretty unlikely however.
              This draft is deep enough if the Bengals can get a teams in the 10-15 range's first, a third, and a first next year, I'm trading back. They could still get a guy like Barnett or Charlton, and then be stacked with an extra first next year where LBer will be a deeper class.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
                They could still get a guy like Barnett or Charlton...
                yeah those guys do nothing for me whatsoever

Comment

Originally posted by Bengali View Post
                  I just wanted to point out that we happen to be followed in the draft order by 4 QB needy teams... Buffalo, Cleveland, New Orleans and Arizona. I could see any of them trading up to leapfrog Buffalo.
                  I can see the phone ringing off the hook in the Bengals war room but I can also see Mikey thinking too much and no trade getting done. In terms of trading on draft day(s) we are probably the least active team in the league. Who was it on ESPN a few years ago when they laughed out loud of the the idea of making a trade with Mike Brown? Mikey is a sloth, he takes far too long to think through these situations while other teams take a minute and make a decision.
                  Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

so that leaves 3 of my top-tier players left- Foster, Thomas and Hooker......who ya got??
                    Just my four favourite players for this year:
                    Player Pos Ht Wt College Grade (for NFL.com)

Thomas, Solomon DE 6'3" 273 Stanford 6.8
                    Howard, O.J. TE 6'6" 251 Alabama 6.5
                    Williams, Mike WR 6'4" 218 Clemson 6.3
                    Davis, Corey WR 6'3" 209 Western Michigan 6.2

Comment

As interested as I am with Evan Engram(6'3" 234 4.42 40) in round 2, I just can't feel lucky about OJ Howard(6'6" 251 4.51) at #9. It's obvious they need more red zone targets and that the Bengals need a receiving TE (and a better OL) to keep FB Hewitt in the game. Last year they used the blocking TEs to help the line and it just congested the whole middle of the field.

Comment

Originally posted by puddycat View Post
                        As interested as I am with Evan Engram(6'3" 234 4.42 40) in round 2, I just can't feel lucky about OJ Howard(6'6" 251 4.51) at #9. It's obvious they need more red zone targets and that the Bengals need a receiving TE (and a better OL) to keep FB Hewitt in the game. Last year they used the blocking TEs to help the line and it just congested the whole middle of the field.
                        just a little thing puddycat: 2017 is the last year in tyler eifert contract

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnat...-eifert-12301/

... uh and get back andre witworth soon

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/3/8/...-mixed-signals
                        Last edited by #1 italian fan; 03-08-2017, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by #1 italian fan View Post
                          Just my four favourite players for this year:
                          Player Pos Ht Wt College Grade (for NFL.com)

Thomas, Solomon DE 6'3" 273 Stanford 6.8
                          Howard, O.J. TE 6'6" 251 Alabama 6.5
                          Williams, Mike WR 6'4" 218 Clemson 6.3
                          Davis, Corey WR 6'3" 209 Western Michigan 6.2
                          I like those four as well but I think 9 is a little high for any of the WR's in this draft.

Comment

I like those four as well but I think 9 is a little high for any of the WR's in this draft.
                            You are right as usual Spicoli ... bye bye williams and davis :'(

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/3/8/...-signs-bengals

Brandon LaFell re-signs with Bengals

Comment

Originally posted by #1 italian fan View Post
                              You are right as usual Spicoli ... bye bye williams and davis :'(

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/3/8/...-signs-bengals

Brandon LaFell re-signs with Bengals
                              Don't get me wrong I still think they draft a WR, I just don't think it'll be at 9......Zay Jones at 41 though wouldn't hurt my feelings in the least bit.

Comment

Don't get me wrong I still think they draft a WR, I just don't think it'll be at 9......Zay Jones at 41 though wouldn't hurt my feelings in the least bit.
                                Everybody looks to love Zoey ... and me too i'd like to take him at #41

Comment

Working...
                                X