Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what's up Bengals peeps!? Draft season has arrived...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spicoli View Post
    I'm not a fan of Mike Williams really....if we were picking in the 20's I'd probably be all over it but not at #9 overall, he's just too slow.

if I'm picking a top 10 WR I want AJ Green or Julio Jones, not Anquan Boldin.

I'd say the Bengals would be more inclined to pick OJ Howard than they would Williams.....much better athlete.
    Round 1: Pick 9 OJ Howard, TE Alabama

40-yard dash: 4.51 seconds
    Bench press: 22 reps
    3-cone drill: 6.85 seconds

Howard rocked the NFL combine. I mean he really put on a show. He showed his strength, agility and explosiveness all day long, and went from being a first round guy to being top 10 worthy IMO.

Eifert is injury prone, and we need another offensive weapon. Instead of going for Corey Davis or Mike Williams at WR, the Bengals can take the top talent available. Howard instantly upgrades the offense and provides us with a blocking presence at TE that none of our current guys do.

This pick allows Eifert to be used more sparingly in hopes of keeping him healthy. It also gives the team two athletic, pass-catching tight ends to control the middle of the field on offense.

http://stripehype.com/2017/03/08/cin...ne-mock-draft/

... also Eifert is in the last year of his rookie contract with the Bengals
    Last edited by #1 italian fan; 03-09-2017, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by spicoli View Post
      for those who want a LB at 9, my advice is turn your focus away from Reuben Foster and turn it towards Haason Reddick.

Reddick checks every box-

-great kid

-great player

-great production

-position versatility

-off the charts athleticism

some team will likely take Foster in the first round despite his ignorance and some team will for sure take Reddick in the first round....if I had to bet on it, I'd say Reddick will have the much longer much more productive career in the NFL.

he's seriously as versatile as they come....converted DB at Temple who they put on the DL because they thought that's where he could impact the most FOR THEM....all he did was rack up 10 sacks and 23 tackles for loss.

they put him at MLB at the SR Bowl and he was the best player on the field......reminds me of Khalil Mack in that way.
      https://www.newstripecity.com/2017/0...asson-reddick/

Bengals Interested In LB Haason Reddick

Comment

From NFL.com

Temple: Bengals assistant works with Reddick
        Big draw: Haason Reddick.
        Don't forget: Dion Dawkins.
        Attendance: More than 40 scouts were reportedly on hand for the Owls' pro day, covering all 32 NFL clubs.
        The skinny: Not surprisingly, the Owls' top draft prospect, Haason Reddick, passed on the 40-yard dash after clocking a 4.52 at the combine. However, he reportedly performed well in position drills under the direction of Bengals LB coach Jim Haslett. Reddick continued his rise up draft boards earlier this week at the NFL Scouting Combine.
        Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

Oklahoma: Sooners RB in spotlight
          Big draw: RB Joe Mixon
          Don't forget: WR Dede Westbrook
          Attendance: Minnesota Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer and GM Rick Spielman. All 32 clubs were represented.
          The skinny: After being barred from the NFL Scouting Combine, this was a monumentally important day for Mixon. He responded with a 4.50 40-yard dash, a number that would have put him squarely between Dalvin Cook (4.49) and Leonard Fournette (4.51) at the combine. He also had a 35-inch vertical jump and a broad jump of 9 feet, 10 inches. "I thought all of his results lined up with my expectations," said NFL.com analyst Lance Zierlein. "... This workout validates the athleticism we've seen on tape." More important than his numbers, Mixon got a chance to speak with a lot of NFL clubs about a 2014 incident in which he punched a female student and was suspended for the season. He met with four -- the Lions, Saints, Bengals and Browns -- on Tuesday, and reportedly was set to speak with 20 more. ... WR Dede Westbrook ran a 4.34 and a 4.38 40-yard dash, per the school.

Comment

NFL Trade Rumors: Jets eying AJ McCarron, may deal Sheldon Richardson

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/3/9/...don-richardson
            potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
            QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
            OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

I can't see Mike Brown trading McCarron for a guy he can only control for one yr. That's not MB's way. With the O-line going to shambles, they're going to need 2 QBs. I can only see McCarron getting dealt if they're bowled over with a deal

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Ray View Post
                I can't see Mike Brown trading McCarron for a guy he can only control for one yr. That's not MB's way. With the O-line going to shambles, they're going to need 2 QBs. I can only see McCarron getting dealt if they're bowled over with a deal
                doesn't matter to me, i just thought I'd share it here.....I didn't put it out there though, a Jets beat writer did.

Comment

I actually mentioned this trade idea either here or on Cincyjungle not long after the issue came about with Richardson showing up to practice late on his birthday when they had a cake and surprise party planned for him. So that's been quite awhile ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
                    I actually mentioned this trade idea either here or on Cincyjungle not long after the issue came about with Richardson showing up to practice late on his birthday when they had a cake and surprise party planned for him. So that's been quite awhile ago.
                    alright well thanks for that LD

Comment

OJ Howard analysis

Comment

Is the second round too high for a guard? I have had my eye on a fellow who projects right into round 2:

Dan Feeney out of Indiana. A college career RIGHT guard, who has all of the pro-level skills for the position: quickness, anchor, brute strength, intelligence, and just downright nasty on the field. A natural plug-and-play guy.

I watch a lot of IU football: this guy has the goods.
                        "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

Feeney will be a 2nd round pick, I'd say 41 is right in the wheelhouse.

Comment

Running back Joe Mixon wasn’t permitted to go to Indiana for the Scouting Combine. He has since gone to Ohio instead.

Via the Cincinnati Enquirer, Mixon arrived in Cincinnati on Friday night for a weekend visit with the Bengals.

The Bengals met with Mixon at his Pro Day workout in Oklahoma, along with the Browns, Lions, and Saints.

Local reaction to the news of Mixon’s visit could be critical to the team’s assessment of whether the P.R. reaction would outweigh his value to the team, if Mixon is drafted by the Bengals. A video of Mixon viciously punching a female in the face has made him one of the most controversial draft prospects in years, if not ever.

The interest in Mixon also could be bad news for Gio Bernard or Jeremy Hill. Bernard tore an ACL in November, and Hill is entering the final year of his rookie contract.

Comment

hearing that the Bengals are one of several teams in the top 12 that are in love with Haason Reddick....I'm gonna say he's gotta be the favorite for us at this point provided he's still there when we get on the clock...

Comment

Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
                                Running back Joe Mixon wasn’t permitted to go to Indiana for the Scouting Combine. He has since gone to Ohio instead.

Via the Cincinnati Enquirer, Mixon arrived in Cincinnati on Friday night for a weekend visit with the Bengals.

The Bengals met with Mixon at his Pro Day workout in Oklahoma, along with the Browns, Lions, and Saints.

Local reaction to the news of Mixon’s visit could be critical to the team’s assessment of whether the P.R. reaction would outweigh his value to the team, if Mixon is drafted by the Bengals. A video of Mixon viciously punching a female in the face has made him one of the most controversial draft prospects in years, if not ever.

The interest in Mixon also could be bad news for Gio Bernard or Jeremy Hill. Bernard tore an ACL in November, and Hill is entering the final year of his rookie contract.
                                What's the reaction in town to bringing Mixon in for a visit? Has there been radio chatter?

Comment

Working...
                                X