Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what's up Bengals peeps!? Draft season has arrived...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by spicoli View Post
    how do we really know that though?

he was sacked 11 times in his very first start lol.....for all intent and purposes that was pretty much the end of poor David Klingler right then and there.

never know what might have happened with that kid had he just went to a good team to start his career.
    Luckily for the team today, we invest heavily in the OL so that situation can never happen again. Signing quality OL is this team's top priority year in and out.
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

• I'm definitely not a big fan of Williams....that being said though, I can't see any way possible he slides all the way down to 30.
      potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
      QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
      OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

• Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
        Luckily for the team today, we invest heavily in the OL so that situation can never happen again. Signing quality OL is this team's top priority year in and out.
        up until last year they've always had a solid o-line since Dalton/Green have been here.

they've given Whit top dollar several times, they gave Boling top dollar at the time, they offered Zeitler top dollar last year that would have tied him with DeCastro, they've used first round picks on OL twice in the last 5 years, they drafted Fisher in r2, etc.....it's a little crazy to say they haven't invested in the o-line just because of recent developments.

Comment

up until last year they've always had a solid o-line since Dalton/Green have been here.

they've given Whit top dollar several times, they gave Boling top dollar at the time, they offered Zeitler top dollar last year that would have tied him with DeCastro, they've used first round picks on OL twice in the last 5 years, they drafted Fisher in r2, etc.....it's a little crazy to say they haven't invested in the o-line just because of recent developments.
          Center has never been resolved. Andre Smith was a slug/bust who they should have given up on years prior. The OL coach never coaches up, as in never. They always collapse under a blitz. And like other parts of the team they have failed miserably in those high pressure games and that includes Whit. They first and foremost have to replace the OL coach with an UPGRADE but Anderson is like Brown's son so he will never fire him. How about picking Livings over Mathis - brilliance. The OL could very well be the worst in the league this year, good luck to the team if that happens.

Comment

• Fat ass Smith is ... baaack!!!

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/3/14...als-per-report

Comment

How about picking Livings over Mathis - brilliance.
              how about Dallas giving big money to Livingston in FA.....how about Mathis playing on a different team every single year.

it would have been great to keep Whit and Zeit for sure but you can't make every starter you have the highest paid starter in the league, it's just not possible.

The OL could very well be the worst in the league this year
              or they might surprise everybody and go out there and kick ass....what's the harm in letting it play out before writing them off?

Comment

• So do you put in Fisher at RT and Smith at RG... or Fisher at RG and Smith at RT?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
                  So do you put in Fisher at RT and Smith at RG... or Fisher at RG and Smith at RT?
                  or maybe Fisher at LT and Smith at RT.....draft a G?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
                    So do you put in Fisher at RT and Smith at RG
                    according to Hobs, that's exactly what they're planning on doing....good call.

It looks like it will be a familiar face in a new place. Indications are the Bengals are going to play Smith at right guard next to new starting right tackle Jake Fisher. Smith, 30, who started 73 games at right tackle for the Bengals over seven seasons before taking a one-year deal in Minnesota last year, doesn’t have an NFL start at guard. But he’s practiced there for the Bengals and it has long been thought that his powerful frame, sheer strength, and athletic feet would make him an elite guard.

Comment

how about Dallas giving big money to Livingston in FA.....how about Mathis playing on a different team every single year.

it would have been great to keep Whit and Zeit for sure but you can't make every starter you have the highest paid starter in the league, it's just not possible.

or they might surprise everybody and go out there and kick ass....what's the harm in letting it play out before writing them off?
                      How is the Koolaid this year? What flavour is it? So many excuses to cover up the incompetence of Mikey.

Comment

according to Hobs, that's exactly what they're planning on doing....good call.
                        Sadly he is on just a one year contract, which means if Smith plays as good RG then he will get paid and be gone in free agency next year. I hope it works out and Westerman is able to get some experience this year at some point.

Comment

• I am confident Smith will be on IR by game 3; then we can que the injury excuses

Comment

How is the Koolaid this year? What flavour is it? So many excuses to cover up the incompetence of Mikey.
                            I'm not trying to cover up anything and I'm not drinking anything either lol, I know exactly what MB is and I know exactly how he operates...it's been exactly the same for the last 25 years and all of the bellyaching and crying and whining that all of you guys have done during that time hasn't made the slightest bit of difference.

sorry but I refuse to be that way, I refuse to be miserable like that.....I can't make MB drop dead, I can't make him fire Marv, I can't turn Andy Dalton into Tom Brady and I can't talk guys into or out of signing contracts here or elsewhere...therefore I REFUSE to worry about it.

I've learned to just take it one season at a time with this team starting each year with the draft...I never look ahead and I never look back, I just focus on what's right in front of me.....I don't worry about guys that aren't here, I only want to see the guys that are here and will be here do well.

and I'll root for 'em like hell as long as they're here.

Comment

• I am in no way miserable about the state of the team, I truly do find it entertaining now. Just like this piece from Hobs who is clearly so stupid he did not even realize what he wrote:

The Bengals indicated they were moving on from Burkhead during the offseason when running back Jeremy Hill got their ringing endorsement even though Burkhead outgained him, 305-216, on his 4.7 yards per carry to Hill’s 2.5 in the final six games after Giovani Bernard’s ACL tear.

Yes, Hill gets a 'ringing endorsement based on ????. Burkhead is clearly the better player so the ringing endorsement is simply the fact he has a year left on his cheap contract and Rex did not. Comical, let the better player go and actually write in the article that he was the better player. You can't make this shit up! Next year the will not re-sign Hill but draft another RB - groundhog day..lol

Comment

I'm not trying to cover up anything and I'm not drinking anything either lol, I know exactly what MB is and I know exactly how he operates...it's been exactly the same for the last 25 years and all of the bellyaching and crying and whining that all of you guys have done during that time hasn't made the slightest bit of difference.

sorry but I refuse to be that way, I refuse to be miserable like that.....I can't make MB drop dead, I can't make him fire Marv, I can't turn Andy Dalton into Tom Brady and I can't talk guys into or out of signing contracts here or elsewhere...therefore I REFUSE to worry about it.

I've learned to just take it one season at a time with this team starting each year with the draft...I never look ahead and I never look back, I just focus on what's right in front of me.....I don't worry about guys that aren't here, I only want to see the guys that are here and will be here do well.

and I'll root for 'em like hell as long as they're here.
                                Very well said.

Comment

Working...
                                X