Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what's up Bengals peeps!? Draft season has arrived...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post

Yes, Hill gets a 'ringing endorsement based on ????. Burkhead is clearly the better player so the ringing endorsement is simply the fact he has a year left on his cheap contract and Rex did not. Comical, let the better player go and actually write in the article that he was the better player. You can't make this shit up! Next year the will not re-sign Hill but draft another RB - groundhog day..lol
    I hear ya but I just can't get too worked up over the RB position....unless you get a Zeke Elliott or someone of that ilk they're all pretty much a dime a dozen IMO.

they seriously could start over every year at that spot for all I care.
    potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
    QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
    OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

• Originally posted by spicoli View Post
      I'm not trying to cover up anything and I'm not drinking anything either lol, I know exactly what MB is and I know exactly how he operates...it's been exactly the same for the last 25 years and all of the bellyaching and crying and whining that all of you guys have done during that time hasn't made the slightest bit of difference.

sorry but I refuse to be that way, I refuse to be miserable like that.....I can't make MB drop dead, I can't make him fire Marv, I can't turn Andy Dalton into Tom Brady and I can't talk guys into or out of signing contracts here or elsewhere...therefore I REFUSE to worry about it.

I've learned to just take it one season at a time with this team starting each year with the draft...I never look ahead and I never look back, I just focus on what's right in front of me.....I don't worry about guys that aren't here, I only want to see the guys that are here and will be here do well.

and I'll root for 'em like hell as long as they're here.
      Good positive attitude

Comment

• You are a great sage, Spic.
        "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

I hear ya but I just can't get too worked up over the RB position....unless you get a Zeke Elliott or someone of that ilk they're all pretty much a dime a dozen IMO.

they seriously could start over every year at that spot for all I care.
          I agree but Hill was the suck last year and has one year left. The right move would have been to sign Burkhead and make Hill actually work for a new deal. Or cut him or trade him. RB's are a dime a dozen but watch us now sign Peerman which makes even less sense. This team really does just go the 'comfortable' route every time.
          Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

I'm not trying to cover up anything and I'm not drinking anything either lol, I know exactly what MB is and I know exactly how he operates...it's been exactly the same for the last 25 years and all of the bellyaching and crying and whining that all of you guys have done during that time hasn't made the slightest bit of difference.

sorry but I refuse to be that way, I refuse to be miserable like that.....I can't make MB drop dead, I can't make him fire Marv, I can't turn Andy Dalton into Tom Brady and I can't talk guys into or out of signing contracts here or elsewhere...therefore I REFUSE to worry about it.

I've learned to just take it one season at a time with this team starting each year with the draft...I never look ahead and I never look back, I just focus on what's right in front of me.....I don't worry about guys that aren't here, I only want to see the guys that are here and will be here do well.

Fair attitude for sure but if we look at a new season starting with free agency, this team is well behind last years and last years sucked. What is 'in front of us' in fact is a rebuild of sorts. And with the comments from Dunlap and even hearing Guenther wanted out - this is very telling. I am more than happy to take a year by year approach but if i look at this year coming up I can see little to be excited about. We all root for the team because it is 'bad form' to ditch a team you follow but that does not mean we can just be blindly optimistic. This team for this season is looking very weak in my opinion especially with a lame duck clapping clown as coach. Our division is too tough to take backward steps.

Comment

Outside of this message board that's more or less how I look at it too. But an internet message board full of strangers I've never met fills a specific function for me. Mostly it's just to talk football with Bengals fans, as I don't live in Cincinnati.

But sometimes it's to vent. And times like this, it's to see if there are other human beings out there that see the big ice berg straight ahead that I do. Because MB and company sure don't seem to see it. Carlos Dunlap sees it. We see it. Every once in a while you catch a comment here or there from an assistant coach that implies they see it. But ML, MB, coach Alexander, none of them seem to see it.

It's like that old line, if you made a movie of the Bengals organization it would be Groundhog Day and Titanic spliced together. Maybe I just want somebody to say, "yes Bengali, there's an iceberg straight ahead, and we're going to hit it, because the ship captain is an idiot. We're bracing ourselves too." lol

Comment

• Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
                Fair attitude for sure but if we look at a new season starting with free agency, this team is well behind last years and last years sucked. What is 'in front of us' in fact is a rebuild of sorts. And with the comments from Dunlap and even hearing Guenther wanted out - this is very telling. I am more than happy to take a year by year approach but if i look at this year coming up I can see little to be excited about. We all root for the team because it is 'bad form' to ditch a team you follow but that does not mean we can just be blindly optimistic. This team for this season is looking very weak in my opinion especially with a lame duck clapping clown as coach. Our division is too tough to take backward steps.
                I suppose my question to you would be: why do you look for the Russians in every nook and cranny of every article? Well besides because you want to do so.

I don't find Russian foreign ministers in anything Dunlap said, other than he said he wasn't "seeing the plan" then quickly adding "that's not my role to either". Wisely stated--as players anywhere are not in the board rooms of upper management making personnel decisions.

And I sure as hell do not see Vladamir Putin in that wildly conjectured statement of "Guenther wanting out"...unless Jay Gruden is your new Julian Assange with his very sideways comments as to getting a new DC--which he now has.

But the commies are everywhere, so of course keep looking.
                "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

• Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post
                  I suppose my question to you would be: why do you look for the Russians in every nook and cranny of every article? Well besides because you want to do so.

I don't find Russian foreign ministers in anything Dunlap said, other than he said he wasn't "seeing the plan" then quickly adding "that's not my role to either". Wisely stated--as players anywhere are not in the board rooms of upper management making personnel decisions.

And I sure as hell do not see Vladamir Putin in that wildly conjectured statement of "Guenther wanting out"...unless Jay Gruden is your new Julian Assange with his very sideways comments as to getting a new DC--which he now has.

The issue that comes from the Dunlap statement is that it reveals doubt. We saw last year, especially at the beginning of the year (no doubt due to the nasty way they lost the playoff game) what happens when players are not committed and focused at a 100% level. It was clear last year that whatever message ML had for them, they were not committed to it. So when player at this level get discouraged or question the 'plan' it will inevitably lead to lackluster play. That is the issue at hand. ML should have been fired years ago if the owner TRULY cared about winning - the message would have been we need to make a chance to get to the next level - it is a risk because the wrong choice makes you go backwards but we cannot stand still. Now, over the last two years we have seen a lot of high quality players leave and NOT be replaced WITH the team having salary cap available to do so. These players are well aware of that so they may very well believe this is some kind of rebuild or at the very least same old same old. Combine that with the head coach being in another last year of his contract and it does not bode well. In that environment, I propose it is virtually impossible to highly motivate a squad of 53 guys. I worked for a Company where one of the owners was a Mike Brown clone and i can tell you it is very demoralizing for the staff. That same company, once bought out with new management flourished.

Old Mikey had the chance to move this team to the next level once ML took it as far as he could. He chose not to and last year we started to see the effects. I am not looking for coded messages and the like but clearly this team has a weaker roster than last year, the same weak head coach and a strong possibility of a disengaged roster. I fail to see much in the way of positives at this stage of the year. I will stand corrected if I am off base and hope I am.

Comment

• Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post

Actually they are, the DoJ just indicted 4 people, 2 of which is Russian Service agents of being responsible for the Yahoo hack.
                    Last edited by Lewdog; 03-16-2017, 01:32 AM.

Comment

• Let me add something, how would you feel if you were basically stuck in a situation where you had to depend on others to give you the help you need to succeed, and all you keep seeing is your help leaving and nothing to replace it with? Moral goes down, production goes down... and since these guys are under contracts that a great deal of it is dependent on production... then it hits them in the wallet, not only under their current contract, but when they go to get their next one. How much difference in money do you think a DE that gets 15 sacks gets when he is being blocked by a single guy because the rest of the D-line are good players that warrant attention, verses a DE that gets 5 sacks because he is being double teamed all the time because the rest of the guys next to him are scrubs? We are talking MILLIONS of dollars. If you were in his position you'd be bewildered as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
                        Let me add something, how would you feel if you were basically stuck in a situation where you had to depend on others to give you the help you need to succeed, and all you keep seeing is your help leaving and nothing to replace it with? Moral goes down, production goes down... and since these guys are under contracts that a great deal of it is dependent on production... then it hits them in the wallet, not only under their current contract, but when they go to get their next one. How much difference in money do you think a DE that gets 15 sacks gets when he is being blocked by a single guy because the rest of the D-line are good players that warrant attention, verses a DE that gets 5 sacks because he is being double teamed all the time because the rest of the guys next to him are scrubs? We are talking MILLIONS of dollars. If you were in his position you'd be bewildered as well.
                        Quiet true and generally speaking, regardless of the level of competence of any of the NFL owners, there is a general understanding that most of them want to win. They most often meddle too much to do so, in Mikey's case he does too little. Since the new CBA he has saved and rolled over millions each year - this is pure profit that could have been used to get better players in key spots. I fully expect this team to be under performing most of the year. it is human nature.

Comment

• NFL.com's new 4 round mock draft has the Bengals taking Two DE's in the first two rounds with Alabama's Jonathon Allen in the first and a guy from Missouri in the second. They have them taking Joe Mixon in the 4th.

Comment

• I have no issue with Jonathon Allen(DT in a 4-3) in the first unless I the find out he needs surgery(s) and won't be in training camp and start the season. As long as I've followed the NFL the formula for picks is that a 2nd round this year is worth a 1st round next year and so forth down the line. Why does any team pick a player that can't play their rookie year due to injury in the 1st round?

Comment

• Originally posted by puddycat View Post
                              I have no issue with Jonathon Allen(DT in a 4-3) in the first unless I the find out he needs surgery(s) and won't be in training camp and start the season. As long as I've followed the NFL the formula for picks is that a 2nd round this year is worth a 1st round next year and so forth down the line. Why does any team pick a player that can't play their rookie year due to injury in the 1st round?
                              Personally I'm not taking a Defensive lineman with shoulder problems in the first round. The Bengals only have Dalton and Green in their prime for so many years... they need players that can play NOW and not next year...

Comment

• there's nothing out there that would indicate that Allen will have to miss any time due to injury....if it turns out for some reason that he does have to miss significant time though he'll never get picked in the top 10 anyway, so it's not something we need to worry about.
                                potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
                                QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
                                OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

Working...
                                X