Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what's up Bengals peeps!? Draft season has arrived...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's up Bengals peeps!? Draft season has arrived...

Been gone quite a while, how's everybody doin? Still miserable?

couldn't resist coming back and getting in on some draft talk.....everybody here ready to take a QB at #9? Patrick Mahomes maybe?

in all seriousness what's everybody thinking....LB, DE, CB, S? I think they'd love to have Adams or Fournette but I also think they'll both be gone.

not counting QB's, here's how I have the top 9 players ranked right now...

Jonathan Allen
    Myles Garrett
    Jamal Adams
    Solomon Thomas
    Leonard Fournette
    Malik Hooker
    Marshon Lattimore
    Reuben Foster
    Dalvin Cook

those would be my top-tier guys and after those 9 I think there's a slight drop off to the next tier which would be guys like Cory Davis, OJ Howard, Derek Barnett, Taco Charlton, etc.

that being said, even though I don't think there's a QB I'd rank in my top 10, I do think at least 2 of them will go before us....for sure Mitch Trubisky and probably one of Deshaun Watson/Pat Mahomes.

my top 8 mock for right now looks like...

1 Cleveland- Trubisky
    2 SF- Garrett
    3 Chicago- Watson
    4 Jacksonville- Allen
    5 Tennessee- Lattimore
    6 NY Jets- Fournette
    7 Chargers- Adams
    8 Carolina- Cook

so that leaves 3 of my top-tier players left- Foster, Thomas and Hooker......who ya got??

honesty I'd probably go with Hooker, kid is an absolute game-breaker in the passing game....you can get starting LB's and DL a little later on in this draft, a game changer like Hooker though, I just don't think you pass on those guys when you get a chance to grab one.
    potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
    QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
    OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Like a lot of teams, the Bengals figure to be in the pass rush business in this year’s draft. Bengals Defensive Coordinator Paul Guenther likes what he’s seen of the group at this early point of the draft process.

“It’s as good a pass rusher draft that I can remember,” Guenther told the team’s official website. “As far as inside guys, outside guys, linebackers, where guys are well schooled with moves and hands.

“You’re just looking for guys that have the traits you’re looking for. You’re looking for guys with a long reach, but they also have to have the quickness and burst, too. [There aren’t] many 6-foot-5, 6-foot-6 defensive ends that can play at a high level. They wouldn’t get to us at [the No. 9 overall pick].”

The Bengals could go a number of different directions with that No. 9 pick, including somewhere on the offensive side of the ball. If they go defense — something for which Guenther will certainly campaign — he said he believes the Bengals could add a quality player at every level of their defense.

“There’s going to be a good player there at No. 9,” Guenther said. “At the top end of the draft there are a lot of very good defensive players. It’s not like one, two, three and then it falls off the shelf.”
    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

If your top 8 mock is right I go Solomon Thomas in a heartbeat. However, rumors abound that Allen might have chronic shoulder problems. If so, put Thomas in the top 8 and say maybe Allen slides to us. Then it depends on what our docs say. Allen with shoulder problems or Foster?

Just say no to Hooker. Bustability factor is too high.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengali View Post
        Bustability factor is too high.
        huh? only if he gets hurt, otherwise no shot.

there's not even a safety in the NFL right now that can cover the kind of ground that kid can in the passing game.

Comment

Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
          Like a lot of teams, the Bengals figure to be in the pass rush business in this year’s draft. Bengals Defensive Coordinator Paul Guenther likes what he’s seen of the group at this early point of the draft process.

“It’s as good a pass rusher draft that I can remember,” Guenther told the team’s official website. “As far as inside guys, outside guys, linebackers, where guys are well schooled with moves and hands.

“You’re just looking for guys that have the traits you’re looking for. You’re looking for guys with a long reach, but they also have to have the quickness and burst, too. [There aren’t] many 6-foot-5, 6-foot-6 defensive ends that can play at a high level. They wouldn’t get to us at [the No. 9 overall pick].”

The Bengals could go a number of different directions with that No. 9 pick, including somewhere on the offensive side of the ball. If they go defense — something for which Guenther will certainly campaign — he said he believes the Bengals could add a quality player at every level of their defense.

“There’s going to be a good player there at No. 9,” Guenther said. “At the top end of the draft there are a lot of very good defensive players. It’s not like one, two, three and then it falls off the shelf.”
          great, thanks Geoff

Comment

if Allen really does have arthritis in both shoulders like it's being reported....we might not even take him at 9.

sucks for that kid if it turns out to be substantial.

Comment

The Bengals have said they value quarterback A.J. McCarron “quite a bit.” Apparently, “quite a bit” has a number.

Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that the Bengals likely want at least a second-round pick for McCarron. The former Alabama quarterback started three regular-season games and one postseason game in 2015 after Andy Dalton suffered a broken thumb, and he nearly pushed the Bengals to a bye and, later, to the franchise’s first playoff win since 1991.

But Dalton remains the franchise quarterback, and the Bengals can either get something in trade for him now or see him leave via free agency next year.

It’s believed that the Vikings called the Bengals last year about McCarron after Teddy Bridgewater suffered a devastating knee injury, but that the Bengals wanted too much for McCarron. Whether another team gives the Bengals what they currently want for him now remains to be seen.

Comment

McCarron to the Jets for Sheldon Richardson....that's the deal I'd be working on if I were the Bengals.

Comment

Bengals need to take a game changer on D. I think either a stud Safety, (Hooker?) or a stud LB (Foster?) should be the pick and 9. take best pass rusher available for 2nd round. Balance take BPA, with one being a OL that can actually block someone.

Comment

How about signing Hightower and cutting Rey M? Yeah..that will be considered..lol

Comment

Rey M will definitely be cut, the writing is on the wall, but I would say the guys that play next to Burfict this season will be Vigil and more than likely a rookie like Foster, McMillan, Reddick, Davis, etc.....I doubt they sign a guy like Hightower but I do however think they try to sign a guy in the secondary like the Pats Logan Ryan.

Comment

No love for any wide-outs, here? From what I've been reading, Mike Williams is on the Bengal radar. I don't even see his name on Spicoli's dream sheet.

Comment

Originally posted by furnbuff View Post
                          No love for any wide-outs, here? From what I've been reading, Mike Williams is on the Bengal radar. I don't even see his name on Spicoli's dream sheet.
                          I'm not a fan of Mike Williams really....if we were picking in the 20's I'd probably be all over it but not at #9 overall, he's just too slow.

if I'm picking a top 10 WR I want AJ Green or Julio Jones, not Anquan Boldin.

I'd say the Bengals would be more inclined to pick OJ Howard than they would Williams.....much better athlete.
                          Last edited by spicoli; 03-03-2017, 12:48 PM.

Comment

You have Mahomes ahead of Kizer?

Personally at #9 my wish list is Fournette, then Western Michigan WR Corey Davis, Derek Barnett, and then Foster.

Comment

RB James Connor from Pitt didn't do himself any favors today running a 4.66 forty time... he better drop a ton of time off of that by his pro day or he is going to drop like a rock in the draft. The top guys like Cook (4.49) McCaffery (4.5) and Fournette (4.51) all ran around the same times. Of course Fournette's is a little more significant given he did his at 240 pounds.

Comment

Working...
                              X