Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OL Ramblings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Thoughtful and meaningful opinions are one thing. Endless, repetitive, stale, crap is something else.

    If the latter is preferred, then in reality the advice to apply or buy, makes the most sense.
    "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

    Comment


    • well understood and very easy for me to agree with

      But when you repeat the same old apply and buy lines you too are adding the Endless, repetitive, stale crap

      Comment


      • Fair enough.

        Back to the thread.
        "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post
          Thoughtful and meaningful opinions are one thing. Endless, repetitive, stale, crap is something else.

          If the latter is preferred, then in reality the advice to apply or buy, makes the most sense.
          You are ...
          Obsolete!!!!
          Attached Files
          Dona eis Requiem

          Comment


          • " Indiana, let it go."
            "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

            Comment


            • "the sun will come out tomorrow"

              Comment


              • Yall do realize my twi zone post had a bite to it. Sure the times had changed on the old librarian (fedup), but whats up with thr extreme heavy handedness of the the
                "authorities-?
                Dona eis Requiem

                Comment


                • Fox Sports news hound Jay Glazer supplied some good omens about Bengals new left tackle Cedric Ogbuehi Sunday when he surfaced at the meetings. Ogbuehi wanted to spend this offseason working on defending the bull rush and that’s exactly what he’s been doing.

                  For the last month Glazer has been working with Ogbuehi and other NFL players at his Unbreakable Camp in the Hollywood Hills that is basically MMA training for football. Leverage, toughness, resilience are all on the agenda.

                  “If you can go five three-minute rounds with one minute off in between, you can go for eight seconds in the NFL,” Glazer said. “It’s demoralizing what we do. It’s so tough physically that it’s the mental game that’s so important. Getting the crap knocked out you by short old guys. Some of these guys leave here after two days, four days. But Ced’s been there for a month. I’m proud of him.

                  “It’s hard. If you want to play in the NFL to be famous, our gym is the wrong place for you,” Glazer said. “If you want to push yourself to be the best, that’s what we’re going to do.”

                  Glazer, Hue Jackson’s very definition of a rolling ball of knives at 5-7, 210 pounds, is part of his stable stocked with the toughest former MMA fighters around. The man Ogbuehi is replacing, Andrew Whitworth, has dabbled with Glazer for a decade but is now full-time with his move to the Rams. Glazer proudly popped open his phone to display a recent video of him pushing against the 6-8, 330-pound Whitworth in the finest Greco Roman wrestling tradition and not a cartoon.

                  Down through the years Glazer has also trained such as stars as Titans running back DeMarco Murray and Jags defensive end Calais Campbell, as well Eagles tight end Zach Ertz and Giants tackle Justin Pugh. Not to mention movie star Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson.

                  “Ced is incredibly athletic. He just beat one of our receivers in a race. He’s ridiculous,” Glazer said. “We had to find out what his weaknesses were.

                  “This (training) is all between the ears and behind the rib cage and it takes time to click in … Last week was a big week for him. You can see it click in. Whit said the same thing … He’s showing toughness and fighting back.”

                  http://www.bengals.com/news/article-...5-f19d1654e293
                  potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
                  QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
                  OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

                  Comment


                  • Good to hear Ced is putting the time in - whether he pans out or not is still the big question but as long as he puts the effort in we can't fault the end result if he does not work out.

                    One mock drfat I saw yesterday had the Bengals going OL at #9 - the guy from Utah
                    Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post

                      One mock drfat I saw yesterday had the Bengals going OL at #9 - the guy from Utah
                      I just think 9 is too high for any of these o-linemen this year.....hopefully if they feel the need to take one that early, they'll at least try and trade back a bit to get some added value.
                      potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
                      QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
                      OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
                        Good to hear Ced is putting the time in - whether he pans out or not is still the big question but as long as he puts the effort in we can't fault the end result if he does not work out.

                        One mock drfat I saw yesterday had the Bengals going OL at #9 - the guy from Utah
                        Having done a little MMA i can tell you that the training is no joke. One of my favorite memories is playing air guitar in between training rounds while guys half my age were dropping like flies all around me. I gurss i was one of those old guys he was referring to.
                        Never got to step in the cage though. Probably the biggest disappointment of my life. Just as well ... My neck is toast.
                        Dona eis Requiem

                        Comment


                        • I have a new respect for you, Slade. Seriously, that stuff can make Marine boot on Parris look like a picnic.
                          "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by spicoli View Post
                            Fox Sports news hound Jay Glazer supplied some good omens about Bengals new left tackle Cedric Ogbuehi Sunday when he surfaced at the meetings. Ogbuehi wanted to spend this offseason working on defending the bull rush and that’s exactly what he’s been doing.

                            For the last month Glazer has been working with Ogbuehi and other NFL players at his Unbreakable Camp in the Hollywood Hills that is basically MMA training for football. Leverage, toughness, resilience are all on the agenda.

                            “If you can go five three-minute rounds with one minute off in between, you can go for eight seconds in the NFL,” Glazer said. “It’s demoralizing what we do. It’s so tough physically that it’s the mental game that’s so important. Getting the crap knocked out you by short old guys. Some of these guys leave here after two days, four days. But Ced’s been there for a month. I’m proud of him.

                            “It’s hard. If you want to play in the NFL to be famous, our gym is the wrong place for you,” Glazer said. “If you want to push yourself to be the best, that’s what we’re going to do.”

                            Glazer, Hue Jackson’s very definition of a rolling ball of knives at 5-7, 210 pounds, is part of his stable stocked with the toughest former MMA fighters around. The man Ogbuehi is replacing, Andrew Whitworth, has dabbled with Glazer for a decade but is now full-time with his move to the Rams. Glazer proudly popped open his phone to display a recent video of him pushing against the 6-8, 330-pound Whitworth in the finest Greco Roman wrestling tradition and not a cartoon.

                            Down through the years Glazer has also trained such as stars as Titans running back DeMarco Murray and Jags defensive end Calais Campbell, as well Eagles tight end Zach Ertz and Giants tackle Justin Pugh. Not to mention movie star Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson.

                            “Ced is incredibly athletic. He just beat one of our receivers in a race. He’s ridiculous,” Glazer said. “We had to find out what his weaknesses were.

                            “This (training) is all between the ears and behind the rib cage and it takes time to click in … Last week was a big week for him. You can see it click in. Whit said the same thing … He’s showing toughness and fighting back.”

                            http://www.bengals.com/news/article-...5-f19d1654e293

                            Thanks, Spic. Best news I've heard all off-season.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by LimaBengal View Post
                              Thanks, Spic. Best news I've heard all off-season.
                              I'm not that worried about Ced. Here's my day after Christmas post about his only start at LT
                              So I played the game back again as background noise and paid attention to Ogbuehi whenever Cincy had the ball

                              I'd give him a B plus, maybe an A- because Houston has one tough D.

                              Both of the sacks he gave up will not be acceptable in Cincinnati until they shore up the interior O-line. If Dalton were allowed to step up in the pocket, both of those sacks would have been pass rushers being pushed around a QB but since Bodine and/or Zetler is often pushed back 5 or 6 yards within one to one and a half seconds, Ogbuehi can't allow people to speed rush the edge. That's impossible. Whit would have most likely given up sacks on those plays. It doesn't matter if it's big Vince Wilfork or a LB, Bodine is pushed back towards the QB on pretty much every passing play.

                              Most of the game, CO held Clowney in check and was called for zero penalties against a pro bowler. He occasionally had a problem staying with his blocks when they tried an inside move and the Bengals ran to the right. They would just keep heading down the line and just about all that Ced could do was hold but he stayed with them, riding them right down the line towards the ball carrier. When they came straight at him or to his left on running plays to the right, they were out of the play.

                              He looked way more comfortable at LT against a Pro Bowler than he did at RT against the teams #2 pass rusher. I'm not declaring that the worry of him playing at LT should be forgotten about, but he looked better than he has all season. Let's see what he does against T-Sizzle this weekend.
                              Only users lose drugs

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Le Tigre View Post
                                I have a new respect for you, Slade. Seriously, that stuff can make Marine boot on Parris look like a picnic.
                                Thanks. It was fun while it lasted, and knocked out any lingering desires I had to start smoking again. Now I just do mostly "soft" martial arts and hope to play a little softball with friend this Summer. Of course I'm always up for some baseball or basketball with grandson. This isn't saying much, but he can shoot a lot better than I. It's all I can do to beat him (he's 11), lol.
                                Dona eis Requiem

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X