Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OL Ramblings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I really don't see any possible way that they can sign Whit and then turn around and sign Zeitler for $12mil/year.....that's just crazy money to be paying a RG no matter how good he might be.

    if we lose Zeitler I'm sure the first words out of everyones mouth will be how cheap MB is, but I guarantee you that the Patriots wouldn't do that kind of a deal either.....just throwing that out there.
    potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
    QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
    OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

    Comment


    • #17
      The best way to fix the o-line, fire Alexander and hire a real line coach

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by spicoli View Post
        I really don't see any possible way that they can sign Whit and then turn around and sign Zeitler for $12mil/year.....that's just crazy money to be paying a RG no matter how good he might be.

        if we lose Zeitler I'm sure the first words out of everyones mouth will be how cheap MB is, but I guarantee you that the Patriots wouldn't do that kind of a deal either.....just throwing that out there.

        But the Patriots are winners and we are not. I agree that ANY team paying $12M per year for a guard is crazy and I would hope we at least offer a fair deal for a very good guard. If for no other reason then we keep saying ' we sign our own'. He is young with nice updide that we drafted so we should at least stay in the negotiating game like we did with Marvin Jones.
        Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

        Comment


        • #19
          No team will pay Zeitler that kind of money but I sure he will get $6-$7M per year from some team. And if that is the case, we should sign him for that money.

          Who is the top paid guard in the league? Anyone know.
          Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

          Comment


          • #20
            Here are the guard numbers, i stand corrected eon the values:

            http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/guard/

            Interesting that the Steelers are paying DeCastro $10M per year.

            We are paying Boling $5.2? If we let Zetler walk after resigning Boling for that amount..ugg..another Livings vs Mathis situation.

            One could make the argument that Zeitler is our best OL if you factor in age, performance and upside. In that regard, we should make all efforts to re-sign him.
            Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

            Comment


            • #21
              I can't wait for us to let Zietler go but re-sign Peko. At least then I can write the season off before it starts.
              Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
                I can't wait for us to let Zietler go but re-sign Peko. At least then I can write the season off before it starts.
                Supposedly the Vikings and some other teams are after Peko.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
                  Sorry but he isn't going to get any better sitting on the bench. They invested a first round choice in him and he needs the chance to prove himself and get better.
                  like they gave him at RT for 5-6 games and he didnt get better he got run over. heres an idea rather then wasting valuable plays during the regular season let the guy earn it in preseason. if he cant stay healthy in preseaon then dont waste the other 52 players regular season waiting for him to learn just because he is a 1st round pick. how many games did we lose by less then 3 points? how many times in drives did he have mistakes that cost 1st downs and field position.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Well LaFell is back in the fold. Hobs is reporting a 2 year deal.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Our OL now sucks donkey dick
                      Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by ralphmtsu View Post
                        Our OL now sucks donkey dick
                        how's that taste btw?
                        potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
                        QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
                        OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Stryker57 View Post
                          like they gave him at RT for 5-6 games and he didnt get better he got run over. heres an idea rather then wasting valuable plays during the regular season let the guy earn it in preseason. if he cant stay healthy in preseaon then dont waste the other 52 players regular season waiting for him to learn just because he is a 1st round pick. how many games did we lose by less then 3 points? how many times in drives did he have mistakes that cost 1st downs and field position.
                          Earn it in Preseason? Come on man... everyone knows preseason is a joke. You don't learn to get better against top NFL competition unless you are playing against it.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
                            Earn it in Preseason? Come on man... everyone knows preseason is a joke. You don't learn to get better against top NFL competition unless you are playing against it.
                            well you cant learn anything if you cant even play preseason can ya? well the LT job has been handed to him just like RT was last year.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Stryker57 View Post
                              well you cant learn anything if you cant even play preseason can ya? well the LT job has been handed to him just like RT was last year.
                              It was not handed to him. Whit was offered a fair deal and he chased the money. End of story. Bengals can't tie up all their money in paying Whit that kind of money on a 3 year contract and give Zeitler a contract as the top paid guard in the NFL.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
                                It was not handed to him. Whit was offered a fair deal and he chased the money. End of story. Bengals can't tie up all their money in paying Whit that kind of money on a 3 year contract and give Zeitler a contract as the top paid guard in the NFL.
                                actually it was and it has been again. Smith wasnt signed and Ced who played very limited snaps his 1st year and then very little in preseason started game 1. if you dont play many snaps during a live game ( pre or reg season) and you start at RT game 1 you surely didnt earn it. i'd say it was handed to him, and it looks like its happening again this year at LT. hopefully he can manage to stay healthy enough at least take a couple snaps in preseason or them fake games. and they was never going to pay Zeitler, whether they signed Whit or not. ( all they offered was a 1 year deal to a player that once again played at a top level and was a leader That was not a fair deal)
                                whit to rams , Zeitler to Browns.
                                bengals will be starting a LT with 1 game exp. a RT with 2 games exp a center that played very sub par last year , a LG coming back from injury and RG that mostlikey either be a rookie or a player that didnt play much last year, IMO we better keep McCarron cause the QB will be hit more this year.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X