No announcement yet.

OL Ramblings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe Belichick cheated by stealing the signals of the Rams....other teams do it all the time. Deflate-gate was never looked at through the scope of physics. If you put the measurements made by the NFL through Gay-Lussac's Law, the culprit was temperature change.

Totally different note, this draft is VERY weak for offensive lineman.

Comment

Originally posted by BengalCP9 View Post

it's horrible....there's a few good G's and some project RT's, that's about it.
      potential targets for Bengals #1 overall pick in 2018:
      QB's- Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Mason Rudolf
      OT's- Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey

Comment

We are stuck with Bodine at center, I hope the Bengals kick the tires of the LSU and OSU centers.

I bet we end up putting Andre Smith at RT and moving Fischer to LT.

Comment

sounds like Smith to RG for now.....subject to change if Ogbuehi struggles early.

Comment

Ogbuehi will not be able to handle the bull-rush. His strength is lousy.....so I'm sure we are going to end up shuffling. I sure hope we don't have to but Ogbuehi is VERY soft.

I laughed about how poor baby can't play "Right Tackle". What the heck is this dude's problem? I can understand asking Jeremy Hill to go be our starting linebacker and seeing him suck and moving him back to running back (which he sucks at anyways) but O-Line is O-Line. It's not the like the technique or what you are being asked to do is SO radically different on one side of the line than the other that this should be an excuse. Please, usually at left tackle you're seeing the bad-boy pass rushers. This dude just doesn't want to work hard.

Comment

Ogbuehi will not be able to handle the bull-rush. His strength is lousy.....so I'm sure we are going to end up shuffling. I sure hope we don't have to but Ogbuehi is VERY soft.

I laughed about how poor baby can't play "Right Tackle". What the heck is this dude's problem? I can understand asking Jeremy Hill to go be our starting linebacker and seeing him suck and moving him back to running back (which he sucks at anyways) but O-Line is O-Line. It's not the like the technique or what you are being asked to do is SO radically different on one side of the line than the other that this should be an excuse. Please, usually at left tackle you're seeing the bad-boy pass rushers. This dude just doesn't want to work hard.
              If you would read up on him, he's been working his ass of to get stronger this past year out in LA even working with boxers and MMA guys to improve his foot work. Whitworth even said that when he gets to LA he is still going to work out with Cedric and help him get better.

Comment

Very weak for OTs not so weak for interior, especially when the OTs who should be guards get moved inside.

Comment

Originally posted by spicoli View Post
                  he completely lucked out with both Belicheat and Brady.....Belicheat had sucked at every stop before he got to NE and Brady was picked in the 6th round and only got his chance because of a cheapshot on Drew Bledsoe.

trust me I'm not saying that he hasn't been good, I understand what that franchise is valued at, but there was definitely a lot of luck involved early on for them....without completely lucking into the two B's, there's no brand to build.
                  The point is though - he wanted to WIN and had the desire to WIN, not to carve off a few pennies each year extra. So he made moves to build a winning organization. He did not just hire in-breds and think he knew more about football than others, etc. He set out to build a winning organization. That is not done with luck. He sought out the right people. Cleveland had Belechick but not only did not help him build a winning organization around him, he canned him. There is your difference between a winning organization and one that is not.
                  Marvin Lewis - the Clapping Clown.

Comment

Originally posted by spicoli View Post
                    I don't get that line of thought either, what did Sanu give this team that Boyd or Lafell didn't?.
                    The question is more "what would we have spent that 2nd round pick on if we had kept one of those guys that we don't currently have."

You make fair points, but it remains the case, in my opinion, that at some point we have to turn off the tap before we mop up the flooded floor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lewdog View Post
                      If you would read up on him, he's been working his ass of to get stronger this past year out in LA even working with boxers and MMA guys to improve his foot work. Whitworth even said that when he gets to LA he is still going to work out with Cedric and help him get better.
                      That would be relevant if his work ethic was ever the problem. I believe he's a good person who tries hard, but that's not always enough. His confidence and "it" factor are what I question. Just certain things he's said in the past, like the fact that once his body matured and gained strength he'd be able to stand up to the bull rush more. I'm sure that's what the coaches told him to keep his confidence up, but that just tells me that the coaches are worried about his confidence, and that he is too. Those shrinking violet types don't last too long in the NFL, try hard or not.

I like Ced well enough and truly hope he proves me wrong. Maybe age and maturity will help. But for now I'm worried.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengali View Post
                        The question is more "what would we have spent that 2nd round pick on if we had kept one of those guys that we don't currently have."

You make fair points, but it remains the case, in my opinion, that at some point we have to turn off the tap before we mop up the flooded floor.
                        but in order to keep Sanu they would have had to have overpaid him pretty significantly.....something that was completely unnecessary to do for a 4th or 5th option at best within the offense.

they got Lafell for half the price and got the same production, getting a young stud in Boyd to play the slot was just a bonus....the two together was a win for the organization in this case.

Comment

• Originally posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
                          The point is though - he wanted to WIN and had the desire to WIN, not to carve off a few pennies each year extra. So he made moves to build a winning organization. He did not just hire in-breds and think he knew more about football than others, etc. He set out to build a winning organization. That is not done with luck. He sought out the right people. Cleveland had Belechick but not only did not help him build a winning organization around him, he canned him. There is your difference between a winning organization and one that is not.
                          I guess my point was....it's simply a helluva lot easier to do those things when you have the likes of Brady and Belicheat on the payroll.

also, getting a HOF caliber QB in the 6th round that you don't have to pay franchise money to for the first 5 years does wonders for the overall construction and development of a team.....remember back in those days there was no rookie slotting, the top QB's in the draft were coming in as the highest paid players in the league (ie. Carson Palmer), which handcuffed teams a good bit as far as building a roster around them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengali View Post
                            That would be relevant if his work ethic was ever the problem. I believe he's a good person who tries hard, but that's not always enough. His confidence and "it" factor are what I question. Just certain things he's said in the past, like the fact that once his body matured and gained strength he'd be able to stand up to the bull rush more. I'm sure that's what the coaches told him to keep his confidence up, but that just tells me that the coaches are worried about his confidence, and that he is too. Those shrinking violet types don't last too long in the NFL, try hard or not.

I like Ced well enough and truly hope he proves me wrong. Maybe age and maturity will help. But for now I'm worried.
                            I don't know if you work out or not... but it does take maturity to show up each day to train hard... and a big problem with Cedric is his strength and feet. Both of which I just told you and you ignored. There is also pictures of him doing some tough core body exercises which will help immensely from getting pushed back by the bull rush due to bowing his back.

Comment

• I have already given the Kraft bio before, so will not repeat the entire thing.

Simple enough to say: he bought the team at its best purchase point (Kiam was done and wanted no part of the looming terrors regarding a new stadium). He inherited--not hired--the best coach/staff around at the time, Parcells. Tuna gets them to a SB, but loses. Next draft, Kraft thinks he knows more than Tuna on draft picks, and forces his will. Tuna tells him to bugger off and goes to NYJ (with BB). Why the great and knowledgeable Mr. Kraft didn't see the greatness in BB then and just hire him, we do not know. So instead he hires Pete Carroll, who bombs. He finally TRADES for BB, who promptly tanks the following season. Then the stars align in 2001, with the discovery of that 6th round pick--who only plays because the franchise QB (who has taken them to a SB) gets murdered on the field.

When I think of great owners, who are part and parcel in the making of great franchises, I do not think of Robert Kraft. I would think of him as skilled in being the right place at the right time however.
                              "This game isn't worth it. The National Football League isn't worth it. There's golf to be played and tennis to be served up and other things to be done out there besides worryin' about a friggin' football game."----The prophet Sam Wyche

Comment

• "Bottom Line NFL evaluators are very worried about Ogbuehi's core strength and ability to anchor in pass protection, but some of his anchor issues could be improved with technique work -- especially where his hands are concerned. He should be a plus run blocker, especially on stretch plays, but needs to add strength and work on technique if he is to reach his play potential. "

He's been in the NFL for two years now. Very rarely are you going to find a player have the light-bulb turn on in year three. Rather than do this MMA crap, he needs to go find Geno Atkins. Atkins bench presses something like 465 lbs. and does 495 high-bar squat. Ogbuehi is a bust guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X